THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum LSD or Wider Wheels/Tires?

03-18-2021, 10:53 PM   #67
tcollier91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitzer View Post
Same experience here. I put in a Wavetrac LSD with an altered final drive ratio. Transformed the car and it now generates gobs of smiles on the street . Also went back from a 255 to a 245 in the rear. Breaking traction may not be great on the track but it adds to the fun on the street.
I'm looking at a wavetrac with the altered final drive. Did you do 3.46? Can you elaborate on your experience with it, and do you daily it?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 06:50 AM   #68
Heitzer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i; BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcollier91 View Post
I'm looking at a wavetrac with the altered final drive. Did you do 3.46? Can you elaborate on your experience with it, and do you daily it?
Yes, it's s daily driver and after almost six years and close to 100k miles I have only smiles to report!

My gas mileage is still decent and I don't think changing the ratio makes a big difference. On the positive side, I find myself using fifth gear more often where I would selected 4th without the final drive ratio change ( I hate lugging the engine though and tend to choose higher revs)

I go through a lot of rear tires both summer and winter, that could be seen as a positive .

I have a trailer to pull my motorcycle and everything worked flawlessly. Went to the track once just to try out driving my M235i there. Liked how the car performed but don't have any comparisons to offer. This will also depend a lot on the track layout.

In summary. For me upping the gear ratio is the better solution for driving a fun sports sedan in the States given the low speed limits. I will move back to Germany for a while and want to get another 2 series there. I may not change the ratio there.