THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Do you regret getting the 6MT

03-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #133
oldschoolswish
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i manual RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Once I added the M Performance shift knob, I really feel in the love with the M235's 6MT feel. I love it and it's perfect for a sporty street car in that the feel is smooth, pretty engaging and direct, good weighting, and had a cool "snick" sound and fairly short throw (once you add the MP shift knob). The clutch pedal though, I dislike a lot. It's too light, lacks much feel at the catch point, and the throw way too long at the end of it's travel. I'll be remedying this with the Ultimate Clutch Pedal. Even with the OEM clutch pedal though, the 6MT is crazy easy to heel/toe.
Gonna look into that shift knob, thanks! Curious to try heel toe, it doesn't feel possible in my WRX, almost like it revs too slow, but I have no idea what I'm doing.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #134
tripitz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppermanagmnt View Post
Glad to hear a couple other former Subaru drivers find these manuals a huge improvement.

What is this auto start/stop mode, I actually didn't know about this? Does that let the car restart as soon as you take the foot off brake if you do stall? Could be useful for the Mrs to get more comfortable with the manual, I hope so anyhow, the WRX did not seem to be an easy one.
It's for the fuel saving mode. When the car is in neutral, not in sport mode, and the clutch is released, the engine shuts off. If you deliberately try to stall the car, it also seems to go into the same mode.

Regardless, this has to be one of the easiest manuals to drive. Clutch has perfect engagement (I bought my car with 35k miles on it CPO). The m235i I test drove as well was similarly easy to drive. Even my wife, after not driving a manual car for 2 years, found it super easy to get back into dallying this car.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 08:15 PM   #135
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I also have the auto-start turned off. I usually drive in Traction or DSC Off modes.