THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Back up Camera went inop

05-18-2015, 03:19 PM   #1
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Back up Camera went inop

As I started to back out of my garage this morning, I noticed a grey screen with a little car symbol in the center on my center display. I'm thinking, what a coincidence, I'm on my way to my dealer for the cars first annual checkup and oil change.

Then I got to thinking, perhaps the trunk lid isn't latched. So, I pulled back into my driveway and checked. At first glance, the trunk lid looked fully closed. In any case, I opened it and then shut it firmly. Voila, camera started working. this is the first time this has happened. And on service day no less!

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Maybe there was a little car behind you.
      05-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
gzvette61
Rep
Drives: 228i XDrive Convertible

This happened to me too. I stopped and went into a store for a coffee, while my wife was sitting in the car waiting for me to come back out. She heard a "thunk" from the trunk area while I was in the store, and when I came back out to the car, the camera wasn't working. I got our and opened and shut the trunk lid, and everything was good. We surmise that while in my pocket in the store (only about 20 ft. away), I accidentally triggered the trunk release button. This happened with a number of times with a prior car, where stuff in my pocket and normal movement triggered the remote. Got to the point where I now take the key out of my pocket when I get home so I don't accidentally open the windows or the convertible top.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Click the iDrive knob

Sometimes the camera view gets exited out.
Appreciate 0