THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum What did you do to your 2 series today?

09-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #419
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
I ordered this.....

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...-arms/?pdk=AQI

Will report when installation is complete!
Those are on my wish list.Trying to decide whether to install them with Dinan springs or as a stand alone mod.

Looking forward to your report.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #420
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpeterson View Post
Those are on my wish list.Trying to decide whether to install them with Dinan springs or as a stand alone mod.

Looking forward to your report.
If only I lived somewhere where we had real pavement....for a guy who had to go from 18s to 17s purely due to driving on the moonscape of Michigan, springs are not in the cards for me.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 06:27 PM   #421
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Meanwhile, tonight, I installed the ZHP gear shift knob that arrived in today's mail. It took a bit of custom work to sever the stitches from the boot to the original knob, and then zip tie the boot to the bare post before snapping the new knob on top, but well worth the extra steps and it looks completely original. (The flash makes the black leather look a bit light.) Looking forward to the morning drive tomorrow!

Attached Images

2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 09-08-2016 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #422
vietboyx1115
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MG F80 Comp

new custom plate installed today

Last edited by vietboyx1115; 09-08-2016 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: New Link
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 11:46 PM   #423
Marmugmotleocay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietboyx1115 View Post
new custom plate installed today

Nice. Go Blue !!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #424
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I ordered this.....

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...-arms/?pdk=AQI

Will report when installation is complete!
They're here! Hope to have installation next week!

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Xiaoxi269.00
Tpeterson156.50
      09-09-2016, 10:04 PM   #425
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Installed my ER Charge Pipe
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 02:03 AM   #426
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

I no longer own my 2014 F22 M235i (as of 8/31/16) that I'd done a decent amount of modifications to over the rears that the limited stiff. I had got in on the 2er group buy back about 22 months or so and used it on the car every single day to check out things like my oil and water temps that BMW has decided we no longer need to see.

The way this related to my previous M235i is that the morning I picked up the car from the dealership with all of the shipping plastic protection wrap on the car and drove it the 6 miles over to Detailers Domain to
do the front half of the car using (along with a bunch of other areas Phil threw in for free!) all sorts of custom pieces of Prestige Clearguard Nano on it. But that morning before trading the car in, I yanked my vent out of my M235i and took the trim ring off it. Then it was sitting at on the floor of the while I started to pull the vent out of the M2 and switch the trim rings so that I still have a part of my first BMW being used in its bigger, meaner, faster, and just downright way more fun to drive cars. My salesman knew I was going to swap them there that morning, but a different one walked past the car and noticed that the vent was missing, a side panel of the dashboard was taken off, as well as the weather stripping around the part of the door frame where the vent is located near was pulled off the frame underneath it about 6 inches while I was called into to see the financial guy and sign my paperwork. He found my salesman and said omg there is something wrong with the M2 you are delivering, we need to get this fixed before the customer got a chance to look at it lol and my guy just laughed and explained it to him.

So I'll always have a bit of my first BMW with me in my M2 which I plan on keeping forever, it just feels so amazing to drive compared to my M235i which I thought was an amazing car to begin with and still do, but now that I have the M2 it is most definitely on another level of performance/aggressiveness in the design, but the thing that stands out by far the most is how you go from nearly any road feedback (the steering on the M235i is just a little too light and pretty much devoid of feedback from the road surface other than, but it still is super precise so you know its going where you aim it, but you just feel a bit isolated from the steering. The M2 on the other hand just feels so solid and planted to the ground and has that same kind of feel like its a solidly built tank rolling around like the B7 Audi RS4 out in the driveway along side my M2 and a Porsche 944.

Here's my old car and new car together for the first and possibly last time (oh well nice seeing ya together at least once)

And here it is after I got it back from Phil from doing the front half of the car in Prestige Clearguard Nano paint protection film. It really just look amazing.

15" front rotors with 4 piston Brembo calipers!

And the interior

If you guys have the means to upgrade to a M2 at sometime if you really like your M235i, I can guarantee that the M2 will impress you immensely. It just so firmly planted to the ground and I can't even begin to try and get on it since it's only about 10% of the way to get its 1,200 mile service done. Oh well, gives me excuses to just go for a drive and rack up some miles :P

Oh BTW, my insurance dropped $10 a month with the M2 vs when I had the M235i, and in that time I also added rental coverage that I thought I had, but apparently didn't and luckily never needed it. I'm wondering if its the active safety features like the automatic braking for both pedestrians and cars, and the lane keeping assist as well as the ability to read the speed limit off of the most recent sign.

Anyway off to bed for me now! and hope to enjoy driving it around again tomorrow and hope the weather doesnt rain like it did tonight which got my
my car all filthy as it got poured on when it was raining earlier while driving both to and back from a friends house showing him and his fiancée.

oh and one last thing, need to install my carbon mirror caps and drill my pedals for a set of the M Performance ones I got them to throw in for "free" when dropping nearly $60,000 on a car. I'm also trying to find out if its going to be possible to retrofit Apple CarPlay to my car as its a 2017 but its not listed in the connected drive store yet. the genius at the dealership today sand she heard it was being worked on in a highly finished stage
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2016, 02:42 PM   #427
Gilda G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

Gloss Black roof wrap and 35% tints.. Tomorrow side splitters.
Attached Images

09-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #428
Badabing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 228xi Vert. Black on Blac

Epoxy'd the garage so the car has a nicer place to sleep!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #429
2seriesaddict
Private
Rep
Drives: 220i with m235 looks

Black gloss OEM Wheels

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 7.21.14 PM.png
Views: 2145
Size:  1.13 MB

Tomorrow: MPE + MP Diffuser

Last edited by 2seriesaddict; 09-12-2016 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #430
Hellrot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M235i

I got 20% tint all around.

Installing a dash cam tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #431
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 GT50014 AW M235i(sold)

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
I no longer own my 2014 F22 M235i (as of 8/31/16) that I'd done a decent amount of modifications to over the rears that the limited stiff. I had got in on the 2er group buy back about 22 months or so and used it on the car every single day to check out things like my oil and water temps that BMW has decided we no longer need to see.

The way this related to my previous M235i is that the morning I picked up the car from the dealership with all of the shipping plastic protection wrap on the car and drove it the 6 miles over to Detailers Domain to
do the front half of the car using (along with a bunch of other areas Phil threw in for free!) all sorts of custom pieces of Prestige Clearguard Nano on it. But that morning before trading the car in, I yanked my vent out of my M235i and took the trim ring off it. Then it was sitting at on the floor of the while I started to pull the vent out of the M2 and switch the trim rings so that I still have a part of my first BMW being used in its bigger, meaner, faster, and just downright way more fun to drive cars. My salesman knew I was going to swap them there that morning, but a different one walked past the car and noticed that the vent was missing, a side panel of the dashboard was taken off, as well as the weather stripping around the part of the door frame where the vent is located near was pulled off the frame underneath it about 6 inches while I was called into to see the financial guy and sign my paperwork. He found my salesman and said omg there is something wrong with the M2 you are delivering, we need to get this fixed before the customer got a chance to look at it lol and my guy just laughed and explained it to him.

So I'll always have a bit of my first BMW with me in my M2 which I plan on keeping forever, it just feels so amazing to drive compared to my M235i which I thought was an amazing car to begin with and still do, but now that I have the M2 it is most definitely on another level of performance/aggressiveness in the design, but the thing that stands out by far the most is how you go from nearly any road feedback (the steering on the M235i is just a little too light and pretty much devoid of feedback from the road surface other than, but it still is super precise so you know its going where you aim it, but you just feel a bit isolated from the steering. The M2 on the other hand just feels so solid and planted to the ground and has that same kind of feel like its a solidly built tank rolling around like the B7 Audi RS4 out in the driveway along side my M2 and a Porsche 944.

Here's my old car and new car together for the first and possibly last time (oh well nice seeing ya together at least once)

And here it is after I got it back from Phil from doing the front half of the car in Prestige Clearguard Nano paint protection film. It really just look amazing.

15" front rotors with 4 piston Brembo calipers!

And the interior

If you guys have the means to upgrade to a M2 at sometime if you really like your M235i, I can guarantee that the M2 will impress you immensely. It just so firmly planted to the ground and I can't even begin to try and get on it since it's only about 10% of the way to get its 1,200 mile service done. Oh well, gives me excuses to just go for a drive and rack up some miles :P

Oh BTW, my insurance dropped $10 a month with the M2 vs when I had the M235i, and in that time I also added rental coverage that I thought I had, but apparently didn't and luckily never needed it. I'm wondering if its the active safety features like the automatic braking for both pedestrians and cars, and the lane keeping assist as well as the ability to read the speed limit off of the most recent sign.

Anyway off to bed for me now! and hope to enjoy driving it around again tomorrow and hope the weather doesnt rain like it did tonight which got my
my car all filthy as it got poured on when it was raining earlier while driving both to and back from a friends house showing him and his fiancée.

oh and one last thing, need to install my carbon mirror caps and drill my pedals for a set of the M Performance ones I got them to throw in for "free" when dropping nearly $60,000 on a car. I'm also trying to find out if its going to be possible to retrofit Apple CarPlay to my car as its a 2017 but its not listed in the connected drive store yet. the genius at the dealership today sand she heard it was being worked on in a highly finished stage
Oh shiz. Saw you on reddit
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #432
///Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinisahabit View Post
Replaced the halogen h7 low beams with these LEDs:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WNQHAIY..._OLzJxb4HFBF1H

Pretty easy install and initial impression is that they are a pretty big upgrade over stock, both in brightness and distance. The OEMs were frankly unsafe. These also give off a nice xenon white/blue-ish beam which also gives the car an upgraded look, no more ugly yellow

Haven't had any flickering or errors, although I am unsure if I'm still supposed to code the car for LEDs? If so, what do I code?

Here are some pics of the lights. Planning to do the DRL/high beams next.

Old vs. New

Both lights installed

Cockpit view:

Side view:

Front view:

Wingman:

Very interested in this, are they still working good? I have a 2016 228, but the amazon thing say that it wouldn't fit.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #433
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
They're here! Hope to have installation next week!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 07:17 AM   #434
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Swapped the stock M235i steering wheel for one from a M3/M4 DCT. Looks so much better :P
      09-15-2016, 07:30 AM   #435
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698 View Post
Swapped the stock M235i steering wheel for one from a M3/M4 DCT. Looks so much better :P
Pics! Or it didn't happen.
      09-15-2016, 07:42 AM   #436
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Meanwhile, tonight, I installed the ZHP gear shift knob that arrived in today's mail. It took a bit of custom work to sever the stitches from the boot to the original knob, and then zip tie the boot to the bare post before snapping the new knob on top, but well worth the extra steps and it looks completely original. (The flash makes the black leather look a bit light.) Looking forward to the morning drive tomorrow!

Um......I don't see what's different between these two pics. :/

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #437
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Um......I don't see what's different between these two pics. :/
I posted only one photo. This site, for some reason, often repeats the photo and labels it as a thumbnail or attached photo, as appears to have happened in this case.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 06:52 PM   #438
2seriesaddict
Private
Rep
Drives: 220i with m235 looks

Went for 4

Remus 4 exahust tips

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 6.32.04 PM.png
Views: 1964
Size:  1.11 MB
      09-16-2016, 08:52 AM   #439
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoy7109 View Post
ZP 2.1s with Michelin PSSs.

FA 8.5 x 19 - 225/35 19s
RA 9.5 x 19 - 255/30 19s
Very slick. What suspension mods are you on? The clearance doesn't appear OEM height unless Germany has different options.

Love the Black with red highlights!
      09-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #440
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Well not today - couple of days ago - but sold the 2014 coupe and got a 2016 convertible. Making the swap this Saturday.
Appreciate 0