THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Engine/trans mount alternatives

05-13-2018, 11:34 PM   #1
Skeeter_
Rep
Drives: Black M235i

Engine/trans mount alternatives

Hey guys, I was curious if anyone has any experience with a stiffer engine/trans mounts. Doing some research, I found the M235iR mounts. But has anyone used them? I think a stiffer mount would be a huge improvement. They help a ton with minimizing the drivetrain loss. I use to run poly mounts on my E30 and the torque improvement was insane.. just a thought!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
3rdcoast228i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i Msport

I don't know, but I think you may have better luck posting in the suspension or autocross/tracking subfourms.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 09:06 AM   #3
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter_ View Post
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone has any experience with a stiffer engine/trans mounts. Doing some research, I found the M235iR mounts. But has anyone used them? I think a stiffer mount would be a huge improvement. They help a ton with minimizing the drivetrain loss. I use to run poly mounts on my E30 and the torque improvement was insane.. just a thought!
I've been wondering this as well actually. I know on the e82 the trans mounts from a e46 M3 fit and they were a nice upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #4
Skeeter_
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdcoast228i View Post
I don't know, but I think you may have better luck posting in the suspension or autocross/tracking subfourms.
I wasn't quite sure where to post it, the mods can move it if they please. I wouldn't consider the engine mounts a suspension part personally, but I'll have to make a post over there!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
Skeeter_
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter_ View Post
I've been wondering this as well actually. I know on the e82 the trans mounts from a e46 M3 fit and they were a nice upgrade.
From what I've read, the M2 uses the same exact mounts as the F22.. so the same soft sloppy mounts. I had a two E30's and both were running an M52, one with polyurethane mounts vs E34 mounts.. the polyurethane mounts honesty make a car feel worlds different. I'm surprised no one has looked more into it.. maybe I'm wrong and the F22 mounts aren't as sloppy as I thought.
Appreciate 0