THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Order up!

06-06-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Order up!

Here we go! My disease of motoring has gotten the best of me again. After selling a glorious E90 M3 a few years ago because it didn't quite fit my life, I'm soon to be back in a BMW. I placed an order for one of the last 2015 M235i xDrive to enter production, and I expect it late July to early August depending on transport all the way to Seattle.

This will mark the 9th car purchase over the last 11 years between my wife and I due to my car illness. I was in the M3 for a few years and loved it (!!) but went to an SUV for many reasons I'm currently in an SQ5 and think it's a total winner as far as SUVs go but I can't help but want a small sport coupe on the side. I've been entertaining the thought of a Golf R vs S3 vs M235i for a long time and since VW has seriously F'd up the Golf R availability and information, I decided to pursue the bimmer. The S3 I ruled out because it's almost the same price and offers less performance. I'm not a spcific brand loyalist, but BMW makes it pretty hard to not go their direction.

My build:
M235i xDrive coupe
Alpine white
Terra Dakota leather
Fineline stream wood trim
Cold weather pack
Premium pack
HK stereo
Mixed summer wheels/tires
M Performance exhaust

Seeing the M235i in person really shows how bloated the 3/4 series has become, and getting behind the wheel is just magic. The size is fantastic to ride in and command, and it truly is a pocket rocket. It's small, but interior space is certainly fair and I have the SQ5 for dog and people hauling. I even think the rear space is surprisingly good for normal sized adults for short trips. I haven't had a small coupe since an RSX in 2005 and I am happy to be coming back to one.

I'll be looking forward to rejoining the roundel crowd!

Pics for clicks:

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Spaghetti
Rep
Drives: M235i

Congrats! That's a nice build you have.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer
Here we go! My disease of motoring has gotten the best of me again. After selling a glorious E90 M3 a few years ago because it didn't quite fit my life, I'm soon to be back in a BMW. I placed an order for one of the last 2015 M235i xDrive to enter production, and I expect it late July to early August depending on transport all the way to Seattle.

This will mark the 9th car purchase over the last 11 years between my wife and I due to my car illness. I was in the M3 for a few years and loved it (!!) but went to an SUV for many reasons I'm currently in an SQ5 and think it's a total winner as far as SUVs go but I can't help but want a small sport coupe on the side. I've been entertaining the thought of a Golf R vs S3 vs M235i for a long time and since VW has seriously F'd up the Golf R availability and information, I decided to pursue the bimmer. The S3 I ruled out because it's almost the same price and offers less performance. I'm not a spcific brand loyalist, but BMW makes it pretty hard to not go their direction.

My build:
M235i xDrive coupe
Alpine white
Terra Dakota leather
Fineline stream wood trim
Cold weather pack
Premium pack
HK stereo
Mixed summer wheels/tires
M Performance exhaust

Seeing the M235i in person really shows how bloated the 3/4 series has become, and getting behind the wheel is just magic. The size is fantastic to ride in and command, and it truly is a pocket rocket. It's small, but interior space is certainly fair and I have the SQ5 for dog and people hauling. I even think the rear space is surprisingly good for normal sized adults for short trips. I haven't had a small coupe since an RSX in 2005 and I am happy to be coming back to one.

I'll be looking forward to rejoining the roundel crowd!

Pics for clicks:

Nice. Why did you go for the '15 instead of 16' I'm curious.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Nice. Why did you go for the '15 instead of 16' I'm curious.
Thanks. No major reason but the timing works better for me and I save a few hundred bucks since I don't care about the alarm. Also, rates are pretty good right now and I wonder if the '16 money factors will be different. 2016s coming up probably helped me with my deal today a little bit as well. BMW Seattle has 2 2015 xDrive cars fully loaded just sitting on the lot for quite a while.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #5
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.74]
Congratulations and welcome to the Seattle 2 series crowd.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 09:25 AM   #6
Transfer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Seattle 2 series crowd.
Thanks! I think I've seen a total of 2 M235i in Seattle in the last 2 years. The NW forum on here is certainly dead. It doesn't seem to be super popular around here so it will be nice to be a little unique.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 09:29 AM   #7
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Thanks. No major reason but the timing works better for me and I save a few hundred bucks since I don't care about the alarm. Also, rates are pretty good right now and I wonder if the '16 money factors will be different. 2016s coming up probably helped me with my deal today a little bit as well. BMW Seattle has 2 2015 xDrive cars fully loaded just sitting on the lot for quite a while.
I saw an EB x on the showroom when a friend wanted to go test a 228 there
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #8
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Thanks! I think I've seen a total of 2 M235i in Seattle in the last 2 years. The NW forum on here is certainly dead. It doesn't seem to be super popular around here so it will be nice to be a little unique.
The BMWCCA board has more local activity and has the local driving events.
http://www.bmwpugetsound.com
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0