THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Seat belt warning popping up while driving

11-29-2016, 11:28 AM   #23
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Definitely have the dealer check this out - mostly to run down malfunctions in the airbag/belt system (but quieting the buzzer is also nice). The default on these is likely to be either not to fire, or to use much less force - I now this is true for passenger airbag (the idiots with their feet on the dash are 'rewarded' with a less forceful and thus smaller airbag, because it works better when you are that far out of position). Unlikely you'll be in a crash, but a VERY costly malfunction if you were.

And a better name for the "nannies" are safeguards and double-checks - do anything routinely, and eventually you will slip and not notice the fail w/o a 'nanny' to remind you (not to be confused with liability disclaimers, like those abominable visor stickers).
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 01:13 PM   #24
B_Rice
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6spd Estoril Blue M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I leave my second phone sitting on my passenger seT literally all the time never had a problem.
On the middle of the seat?
      11-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #25
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Rice
Quote:
I leave my second phone sitting on my passenger seT literally all the time never had a problem.
On the middle of the seat?
Yeah I have stuff on that seat all the time phone, sunglasses, scarf, that's just today.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #26
B_Rice
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6spd Estoril Blue M235i

Quote:
Yeah I have stuff on that seat all the time phone, sunglasses, scarf, that's just today.
That's weird, I used to put my phone on the passenger seat when my cup holders were in the seat and the seatbelt warning would come on sporadically until I took it off.
      11-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #27
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Rice
Quote:
That's weird, I used to put my phone on the passenger seat when my cup holders were in the seat and the seatbelt warning would come on sporadically until I took it off.
I've got 5 bmws in the family all except one 2014 or later and I've never had a single problem with any of them and I leave my phone on the seat in all of them.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #28
JoyRin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 EB M235i manual

I have this problem come up from time to time. I drink a lot of 20oz gatorades and i usually leave one if not two on the passenger seat and sometimes it will trigger the seatbelt warning. I move the bottles around and the warning goes away. I guess BMW is aware that having an accident with loose bottles on your seat is inherently dangerous, thus telling you to buckle up your gatorade.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 09:49 AM   #29
mdputnam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i & M235i Convertibles

Ok, put me in the crack pot category
I never had any problem with my seat belt warning until I read this post before leaving for home last night. I get in the car, plug in my cell phone, set it on the passenger seat, and start driving. Five minutes into the drive and the seat belt warning goes off. Pick up the cell phone and the seat belt warning stops, put it back on the seat and it starts again. I shut off the car and restart and the gremlin goes away.

This morning everyting is normal....

I think.
Appreciate 0