THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum ShopBMWUSA.com 2-Series Rebates Black Fri - Cyber Monday

12-14-2017, 08:07 PM   #23
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianp622 View Post
My install was $530. He showed me the sheet that shows the remove+install time was listed as 3.5 hours, and it actually did take that long.

First impressions are that it sticks much better accelerating out of turns, and feels more composed like an M2. I haven't yet been able to get the back to slide around like I used to be able to, but I don't miss that and haven't floored it because I'm still in the breakin period.
I had the same experience.
Install was <$550 and it feels GREAT putting the power down coming out of turns!
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 10:54 PM   #24
john16443
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by span View Post
Hoping for 40% off during Christmas as well. John how did you get 15% off install? I don't see that on the CCA benefits page...do I just mention to SA?
There are several dealers in San Diego County that offer 15% off parts and labor to CCA members. That's all I did.

So far as the reduced price in the cart, I didn't do anything except pick a BMW Center, and the magic price reduction happened.
Appreciate 1
span1.00
      12-15-2017, 11:10 PM   #25
john16443
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Congrats, looking forward to your feedback.
Had a great track day at Thunderhill this past Monday with the LSD installed and broken in by the BMW method (sporty driving 500 miles) as well as the diffsonline method (circles and figure 8's at idle speed). Car has a Dinan Elite tune, H&R springs, and I'm running 17X8 wheels all around with 245/40/ Hankook RS3's. The car is an absolute track monster, and the LSD is a definite improvement when compared to my open diff E90 335i. The car will rotate, the car will accelerate out of turns, the car just grips like there's no tomorrow. And it will over rotate if you're not careful. When you're reeling in Mustang GT350's and M4 GTS's in the corners, and not losing too much on the straights to them, you've got to be happy. There were a number of people that commented to me that the car is just hooked up, and they couldn't believe I was hanging with them for awhile, or pulling away so well when I passed them. I also had one of the South Carolina M School instructors take the car out with me in it, and the feedback was that this is definitely not a standard M240i, and was neutral in handling. In sport+, it will do whatever you asked of it.

Needless to say I'm very pleased with the addition of the LSD, now waiting for the rebate to be processed!
Appreciate 1
ianp62252.00
      12-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #26
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by john16443 View Post
Had a great track day at Thunderhill this past Monday with the LSD installed and broken in by the BMW method (sporty driving 500 miles) as well as the diffsonline method (circles and figure 8's at idle speed). Car has a Dinan Elite tune, H&R springs, and I'm running 17X8 wheels all around with 245/40/ Hankook RS3's. The car is an absolute track monster, and the LSD is a definite improvement when compared to my open diff E90 335i. The car will rotate, the car will accelerate out of turns, the car just grips like there's no tomorrow. And it will over rotate if you're not careful. When you're reeling in Mustang GT350's and M4 GTS's in the corners, and not losing too much on the straights to them, you've got to be happy. There were a number of people that commented to me that the car is just hooked up, and they couldn't believe I was hanging with them for awhile, or pulling away so well when I passed them. I also had one of the South Carolina M School instructors take the car out with me in it, and the feedback was that this is definitely not a standard M240i, and was neutral in handling. In sport+, it will do whatever you asked of it.

Needless to say I'm very pleased with the addition of the LSD, now waiting for the rebate to be processed!
Awesome! I had a very similar experience at an HPDE with an M2, M4 GTS, M4 Cab, 911s, Jag R, and more exotic shooter cars.. Best feeling, being an underdog

Glad to hear you're ecstatic about the mod, it's a game changer for sure