THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Seems like spnsors are overwhelming forum with posts.

09-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Seems like spnsors are overwhelming forum with posts.

Someone had to say it. When I look at 'New Posts', it seems like half are from sponsors. And, several sponsors post many times about the same product or keep bumping each one of their threads for each one of their products. Sponsors are an important part of this forum but some tend to over do it and take away from the forum....IMO.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I disagree. They are paying members (I assume). You paid $0 to help keep this forum alive. And I've known guys (none here) who were tasked with frequenting various forums. They are car guys more than most of us here and have honest opinions about pics, mods, etc. which they post, not just to get a plug with their banner ads, but just to give props.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
I disagree. They are paying members (I assume). You paid $0 to help keep this forum alive. And I've known guys (none here) who were tasked with frequenting various forums. They are car guys more than most of us here and have honest opinions about pics, mods, etc. which they post, not just to get a plug with their banner ads, but just to give props.
Hyperzulu, I agree with you. I am referring to the threads dedicated to specific products they sell not the posts showing their expertise. Their expertise is very much appreciated by me and many.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Perhaps but when I'm reading 2addicts I get sick of seeing F30 only ads...

Lots of other forums get by without the massive clog caused by the sponsor bumps.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I just dig through the 2addicts subforums only. So, maybe that's why our experiences are different. I only read the threads I'm interested in and don't really see any sponsor threads. I actually had to go and look for some, but can honestly say they have never popped up much on my radar. Only user threads that show off some new product they found.

Don't wanna say change your browsing habits, but it seems I've found some magic loophole and I'll sell you the recipe for only $9.99.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
I've found some magic loophole and I'll sell you the recipe for only $9.99.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco4me View Post
Hyperzulu, I agree with you. I am referring to the threads dedicated to specific products they sell not the posts showing their expertise. Their expertise is very much appreciated by me and many.
I agree about the expertise or even new product info/promotions, yet admit annoyance when a thread has a new post by a sponsor and I'm hoping to see something of interest only to find they wrote nothing more than "nice car". Yes, we know they're nice cars, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #8
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
I agree about the expertise or even new product info/promotions, yet admit annoyance when a thread has a new post by a sponsor and I'm hoping to see something of interest only to find they wrote nothing more than "nice car". Yes, we know they're nice cars, thanks!
This is what I was referring to with my first post. These guys love cars just as much as we do. I know some people personally who worked at shops and were tasked with surfing forums. They don't always have advertising in mind at the root of their posts.

I find it equally annoying when a non-sponsor bumps a thread I was interested in seeing something on and it's just "nice car" but I'm not going to rain on someone's parade. LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #9
USPSALIMITED
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Fusion

It is honest.
That can be a rare thing in internet forum advertising these days.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
When using the "New Posts" link you're seeing all the threads, which includes the commercial classifieds. I just check out what's new in the main forums and almost never see sponsor posts.
      09-16-2014, 05:23 AM   #11
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither
When using the "New Posts" link you're seeing all the threads, which includes the commercial classifieds. I just check out what's new in the main forums and almost never see sponsor posts.
+1
2017 F55 Mini Cooper S
2015 F22 BMW M235i
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #12
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
Yes, but then you are missing out on the tons of great new posts that happen multiple times a day in the other forums such as all the Technical Post forums.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #13
timsev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

quit whining. If you want a 100% free forum with free archives, then let the sponsors advertise until their heads explode. I appreciate that they pay for sites like this and also give forum members great deals. For that, I can deal with a few advertisements.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

I would like to chime in on this thread
I used to post on this forum way before we launched Extreme Power House.
being an enthusiast is what lead me to launch my own performance part company and not the other way around.
So i do post a lot on various forums,but i make sure not to post anything commercial outside of the commercial section.
As for the commercial section, every sponsor has a limit of posts per day.
And as long as they are under their limits, they are allowed to bump the same thread for x amount of time or open x amount of new threads everyday.
Think about it as a regular advertisement that you see on TV, the ad doesnt run once a day, it runs multiple times for several months to make sure it reaches the max amount of people.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #15
2msport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos View Post
Perhaps but when I'm reading 2addicts I get sick of seeing F30 only ads...

Lots of other forums get by without the massive clog caused by the sponsor bumps.
Agreed about the f30 ads.

I also agree with the OP. But understand why the sponsors are here and appreciate a free forum.

Also when I've pressed on the link in a f30 ad/thread it takes me to the f30 forum. Where I can't post my question about the part. That is annoying.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #16
G-Mann
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

I'm ok with them posting and bumping threads, particularly for newbies. What I don't like is when they post up and then don't respond to questions on a conversation they started.

2022 M4 Comp X
2021 M440ix - Sold
2015 M235 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #17
1stm235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril blue m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2msport View Post
Agreed about the f30 ads.

I also agree with the OP. But understand why the sponsors are here and appreciate a free forum.

Also when I've pressed on the link in a f30 ad/thread it takes me to the f30 forum. Where I can't post my question about the part. That is annoying.
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #18
bman6074
Major
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S

I don't mind the posts when they are for the product the forum is geared towards, 2 series. But when you are getting posts for other models its a bit annoying. I don't understand why they are posted here?

Otherwise I understand the vendors pay to have an account here and they are just being salesmen. Just sell us on the things pertinent to our model.
      09-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #19
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsev View Post
quit whining. If you want a 100% free forum with free archives, then let the sponsors advertise until their heads explode. I appreciate that they pay for sites like this and also give forum members great deals. For that, I can deal with a few advertisements.
I second this.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #20
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I would like to chime in on this thread
I used to post on this forum way before we launched Extreme Power House.
being an enthusiast is what lead me to launch my own performance part company and not the other way around.
So i do post a lot on various forums,but i make sure not to post anything commercial outside of the commercial section.
As for the commercial section, every sponsor has a limit of posts per day.
And as long as they are under their limits, they are allowed to bump the same thread for x amount of time or open x amount of new threads everyday.
Think about it as a regular advertisement that you see on TV, the ad doesnt run once a day, it runs multiple times for several months to make sure it reaches the max amount of people.
I agree too cos I see Mike, VMRWheels and others contribute, congratulate and share in the non-commercial forums without pushing their products
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #21
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa12 View Post
I agree too cos I see Mike, VMRWheels and others contribute, congratulate and share in the non-commercial forums without pushing their products
I don't care if sponsors post in other forums. They are people to. It's the product bumps that are annoying (when they simultaneously bump like 30 threads).

But when I want to see active 2 series threads for the day it is irritating to scroll through a page of F30 intercoolers.

Also I have no idea why I have a post for the G3x 5 series showing up.

I don't blame the sponsors either, this is what they are paying for. It's the administrators I have a problem with for allowing the practice in the first place. Also for them having threads for other cars show up on here.

Like I have said before. Lots of other forums, nessecarily for bmw's, make do just fine without these irritating practices.
Appreciate 0