THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Something Bad happened today..... 8((((

05-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #45
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

i just received the m perf splitter along with rear diffuser and blades.. hoping i don't have these issues as well. I'm lowered on Dinans so not as aggressive as H&R but still worries me.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #46
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu
i just received the m perf splitter along with rear diffuser and blades.. hoping i don't have these issues as well. I'm lowered on Dinans so not as aggressive as H&R but still worries me.
Just gotta be careful! Lol even at stock height
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #47
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
We have lots of speed bumps and there is no way the splitter would last in Seattle.
I've owned a total of one splitter on one car in Seattle. It lasted a week and I said never again! Basically just BBQ'd $500 with that one. They always look so temping though.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2016, 06:14 PM   #48
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
We have lots of speed bumps and there is no way the splitter would last in Seattle.
I've owned a total of one splitter on one car in Seattle. It lasted a week and I said never again! Basically just BBQ'd $500 with that one. They always look so temping though.
Sorry to hear I have broken mine three times but I have been able to fix it each time , so it ended up being alright but I know how you feel
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #49
SXW46
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Just bumping this to say that I scraped mine 2 days after it was installed - and I'm on stock height! The splitter is sprayed BSM and there is now a 1 inch scratch on the right of the underside I was driving cautiously as well but the pot hole won. I share all of your pain!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 08:56 PM   #50
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Just curious.....when your splitter decices to commit suicide on some of these wonderful road features is it just the splitter taking the hit or is the bodywork its attached to suffering damage as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #51
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh
Just curious.....when your splitter decices to commit suicide on some of these wonderful road features is it just the splitter taking the hit or is the bodywork its attached to suffering damage as well?
Surprisingly the bodywork takes no damage though the under tray does get messed up but not hard to put back together !

The protection of the bumper warrants the cost of the lip and the annoyance of repairing it over and over again in my opinion
Appreciate 1
jpnh1423.50
      10-01-2016, 01:28 AM   #52
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXW46
Just bumping this to say that I scraped mine 2 days after it was installed - and I'm on stock height! The splitter is sprayed BSM and there is now a 1 inch scratch on the right of the underside I was driving cautiously as well but the pot hole won. I share all of your pain!
that really sucks the one thing I was happy about was that mine was not painted and just left the factory flat black for the reason of the paint cracking sorry to hear!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 06:48 AM   #53
multarnc
SMSgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderw View Post
Ok so after about 4 hours on all OEM diagram sites I have found the undertray skid plate and of course that piece is no where to be found , I am going to take it off my car and look for a part number on it since it seems like that's the only way, I won't be able to until this upcoming Tuesday as my car is in Florida and I am not , but mine is in 2 pieces so I want to replace it. If anyone has it broken off the car or can jack up their car and look at it maybe the number is on the underside (I'm sure it won't be that easy) could check it and post the number it would end this search Tuesday I will report my findings lol
Did you ever get this part number? I ran over a dead dear today and it ripped off my front splitter and broke the same piece.
      11-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #54
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Oh no!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #55
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by multarnc View Post
Quote:
Ok so after about 4 hours on all OEM diagram sites I have found the undertray skid plate and of course that piece is no where to be found , I am going to take it off my car and look for a part number on it since it seems like that's the only way, I won't be able to until this upcoming Tuesday as my car is in Florida and I am not , but mine is in 2 pieces so I want to replace it. If anyone has it broken off the car or can jack up their car and look at it maybe the number is on the underside (I'm sure it won't be that easy) could check it and post the number it would end this search Tuesday I will report my findings lol
Did you ever get this part number? I ran over a dead dear today and it ripped off my front splitter and broke the same piece.
Yes , sort of , I have it in two pieces I will post the number
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 03:43 AM   #56
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by multarnc View Post
Quote:
Yes , sort of , I have it in two pieces I will post the number
I was reading everyone's post on the broken splitter syndrome. Unfortunately, my splitter committed suicide today also and it took the under carriage piece, which it attaches to, with it also. I was wondering if you someone could provide me the part number for the 'under carriage piece,' so I could replace it. For some reason it is very difficult to pinpoint on the dealer's website. This seems to be a fairly common problem, so anyone's contribution would be greatly appreciated to this public forum.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #57
Wagerd
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i Glacier, '17 M2 AW

Sure wish I had seen these threads before buying, custom painting, and installing this part!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #58
knoteasy25
Private
Rep
Drives: m235 white manual

Anyone get the part number for the undercarriage mounting piece that keeps getting smashed?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 07:11 PM   #59
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoteasy25 View Post
Anyone get the part number for the undercarriage mounting piece that keeps getting smashed?
I have the part number just replaced it!
Total pain in the ass had to pull almost the whole front end off

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #60
knoteasy25
Private
Rep
Drives: m235 white manual

thanks

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #61
detto34
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:

Any instruction/tips or what I am getting into to replace this part 51128055968. Did the entire front bumper need to be removed?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #62
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by detto34 View Post
Quote:

Any instruction/tips or what I am getting into to replace this part 51128055968. Did the entire front bumper need to be removed?
It's a bitch , I had to basically cut my old one out , part of it is bolted to the frame or crash bar of bumper bar on each side (idk the proper term for it , plus you have to move all the air vents to get the bolts that go through that bar , taking the bumper all the way off is probably the best way to go about it , I always already deep into it when I realized that
Appreciate 0