THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Bright affordable LED lights for your BMW 2 Series, DIY

04-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #45
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

No, I coded the main brake lights and not the middle 3rd light.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #46
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42395_skyline View Post
I have the 3rd brake light pulse for hard breaking (I'm guessing that's what you are referring to) but the two that you posted are both the same bulbs just rebranded. Even same images used and I checked Aliexpress they are on there with the same specs and images. The white ones I found are actually similar but not exactly the same they are 3030 LEDS not 2835. Let's hope they work the same since they look like they are probably built exactly the same. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0751BJMB9..._BZ51Ab5NNX6P6
You do have to be careful in comparing bulbs. I kind of went crazy and tried many different bulbs, some from China directly. Some of them looked the same in photos and when they arrived I noticed that the LEDs on the bulbs looked like they were soldered by a grammer school kid and they were made of cheap flimsy material. Some of them looked exactly the same but the LEDs were not the same and they were not as bright as some others. I kept the Sirius bulbs for quality and brightness, but your mileage may vary since it has been awhile since I bought mine.

Last edited by AlpsRider; 04-18-2018 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2018, 02:49 PM   #47
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Quote:
I have the 3rd brake light pulse for hard breaking (I'm guessing that's what you are referring to) but the two that you posted are both the same bulbs just rebranded. Even same images used and I checked Aliexpress they are on there with the same specs and images. The white ones I found are actually similar but not exactly the same they are 3030 LEDS not 2835. Let's hope they work the same since they look like they are probably built exactly the same. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0751BJMB9..._BZ51Ab5NNX6P6
You do have to be careful in comparing bulbs. I kind of went crazy and tried many different bulbs, some from China directly. Some of them looked the same in photos and when they arrived I noticed that the LEDs on some of the bulbs looked like they were soldered by a grammer school kid and the bulb was made of cheap flimsy material. Some of them looked exactly the same but the LEDs were not the same and they were not as bright as some others. I kept the Sirius bulbs for quality and brightness, but your mileage may very since it has been awhile since I bought mine.
That's why I'm trying them out first lol thanks for the info. I really do want something that just works so as long as I have the same luck as you I'll order more of the red for the rest of the tail. I'm doing interior but still working on those as I can't find any aftermarket that work the same for footwell so I'm putting together my own.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 01:39 PM   #48
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

AlpsRider Turns out the $8 bulbs are actually packs of 2. I had ordered 2 and got 4. Gonna try them later in the week need to code my car first when I have time.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #49
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
AlpsRider Turns out the $8 bulbs are actually packs of 2. I had ordered 2 and got 4. Gonna try them later in the week need to code my car first when I have time.
You could use them even before coding, the flicker is hardly noticable. When you turn on the car there is a light show when the car checks all the bulbs. It's kind of cool 😉. Good price!
Appreciate 0