THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Driving myself crazy - please help!

04-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #67
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Not sure how a trade would work (or what you're planning to do with the Audi), but can't you buy from literally anywhere and do a performance center delivery in South Carolina? That's not so far that it's completely unreasonable and would be an awesome long weekend trip.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #68
Zheeeem
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I went with an M235i. I was previously considering the M4. But my previous car was a 123d. Love the size. Fits like a glove.

My spousal unit has a 328i. Nice car, but too big and not enough power for me.

If you're having trouble getting a deal locally you might consider european delivery. There are lots of dealers who will give an extra discount off the ED price, it will be easy to get a slot, and even including the flight to Munich and back it will be less, maybe much less, than what your dealer's telling you. And, if you spend a few extra days, you can drive fast.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #69
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheeeem
I went with an M235i. I was previously considering the M4. But my previous car was a 123d. Love the size. Fits like a glove.

My spousal unit has a 328i. Nice car, but too big and not enough power for me.

If you're having trouble getting a deal locally you might consider european delivery. There are lots of dealers who will give an extra discount off the ED price, it will be easy to get a slot, and even including the flight to Munich and back it will be less, maybe much less, than what your dealer's telling you. And, if you spend a few extra days, you can drive fast.
Not sure but I think it's been discussed somewhere. ED with sale from best price dealer and delivery at local dealer would be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #70
yep
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i ED June 11

My situational was very similar, except I'm 33 years younger. The 228i I wanted was only 7K less than a similarly equipped M235i. There's really no way to justify not spending the extra 5-7K for the M235i.

I've test driven both. The 228i is great, but the M235i is ridiculous! So freaking awesome!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #71
yep
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by math4scher View Post
I just returned from a dealership so very frustrated. I had in hand a TrueCar Savings Certificate for $1075 from that dealership. Firstly I'm told thatz the car is too new and there are no discounts (he even knew that TrueCar is what brought me there). When he saw that I was not happy he said "what about $300" off (pause) or $500 off (pause) or "what would it take for you to buy the car" - and I refuse to play that game. Then I showed him the certificate and he went to talk to his sales manager and shortly returned with an offer of $500 off MSRP. I said something like " this is crazy - this is a certificate from your own dealership and you can't/won't even honor it.

So he gets another sense that I'm not happy and says I'll go talk to the sales manager again. He shortly returns with a new offer of $1000 off the MSRP. By now I'm so fed up with these games that I don't know if any amount off the MSRP would have made me happy - because I was not happy with how I was treated. Moreover, he pressured me several times in several ways to create the order right now...even though I constantly told him that I need to go home and discuss this with my wife who manages the money. I was so turned off by the experience there, like I alluded to before I don't think anything they could do for me now would matter - I would buy there just based on principles.

The suggestion above is awesome - I will just have to try it!

Thank you again for taking your valuable time to reply to my inquiry - your insights/suggestions/thoughts are always right on/very helpful!

P.S. Everyone on this forum is so very helpful - thanks!
Yea, I freaking hate those sleazy car dealer tactics they use in most of the U.S. I went to a military car sales operation in Germany and the prices are set by BMW so there's no reason to play any games on either side of the table. Pretty good experience over all.

Pentagon Auto Sales, good guys with a good operation.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #72
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Car dealers, by in large, are scumbags. But I can't honestly blame them because 99% of the time they are dealing with customers who have no idea what they are doing. If a customer is too dumb or lazy to understand the different components of a deal and sign a bad one, whose fault is that? Simple fact of the matter is that OP and everyone else here has more on the ball than most people who buy cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #73
yep
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Car dealers, by in large, are scumbags. But I can't honestly blame them because 99% of the time they are dealing with customers who have no idea what they are doing. If a customer is too dumb or lazy to understand the different components of a deal and sign a bad one, whose fault is that? Simple fact of the matter is that OP and everyone else here has more on the ball than most people who buy cars.
So if I mug your wife on the streets that'd be ok too right? I'm way "more on the ball" about self defense and hand to hand combat than she is, so she deserves it, right?

I disagree with that attitude. You shouldn't take advantage of people just because you can. Those are the thoughts of an uncivilized man.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #74
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Not sure how a trade would work (or what you're planning to do with the Audi), but can't you buy from literally anywhere and do a performance center delivery in South Carolina? That's not so far that it's completely unreasonable and would be an awesome long weekend trip.
yes he can....you can buy it anywhere and do a PDC...the trade causes the issue unless he wants to sell it out right. I almost did that but found a deal with in a hrs drive
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #75
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yep
Quote:
So if I mug your wife on the streets that'd be ok too right? I'm way "more on the ball" about self defense and hand to hand combat than she is, so she deserves it, right?

I disagree with that attitude. You shouldn't take advantage of people just because you can. Those are the thoughts of an uncivilized man.
So they've got a gun to your head when you sign for your car? To use your inane analogy, if your wife walks down the street alone at night in the ghetto with money falling out of her purse it's 100% her fault. Should it happen? Absolutely not. Is your wife, aka the customer being foolish and inviting trouble? Definitely. You're crazy, they're in business for one reason, same reason you go to work every day. Make as much money as possible. I'm not talking about agreeing to one thing verbally then changing a deal and hoping no one notices or anything unethical. If a dealer offers someone a deal and the customer takes it without shopping around or at least understanding what they're agreeing to that's 100% the customer's fault. You should be sure you understand someone's point before you personally insult them, that's just foolish.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:50 AM   #76
math4scher
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 MINI Cooper S 4 Door

I would like to thank everyone on this forum who gave up their valuable time to respond/share their insights, thoughts, ideas, suggestions, advice, etc. I decided to wait to June to see what changes (colors, options, packages, etc.) will be offered for the 2015 BMW 2 Series models. I will then decide between the 2015 228i with Track Handling Package and other options or the 2015 M235i fairly loaded or even wait for the 2016 Audi TT coming out with a manual. BMW-wise I'm leaning heavily towards the 2015 M235i as I write. THANKS AGAIN!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 07:53 AM   #77
bennzwel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 Edition 30

It is amazing for me at age of 30 to see so many young at heart true bimmer fans here it motivates me that I have long time ahead and wanting big toys with power is not passed my ages
I started with the smallest member of BMW ( brand new) I'm hoping one day to either get a new 235i or a second hand M3 .
Appreciate 0