THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Flashing CEL, MHD Stage 2 HPFP 95oct

11-22-2023, 10:40 PM   #1
nrg2k
Nrg2k
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F22 ZF M240i

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [9.75]
Hey forums,

Recently been trying MHD Stage 2 hpfp 95Oct on my f22 240 for the first time. I’ve gotten a flashing CEL twice on the highway. Checking my logs there were no timing corrections, or codes suggesting misfire.

I noticed this last time it came on after I reset my trip meter. Could be coincidence but I also read that it could be the MHD multi map feature but I haven’t flashed the multi map function and thought it was the Set button that controlled the feature. Really unsure if I’m misfiring or I’m damn near map switching on the highway lmao. Anything else I could do to check for misfire?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 08:50 AM   #2
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2k View Post
Hey forums,

Recently been trying MHD Stage 2 hpfp 95Oct on my f22 240 for the first time. I’ve gotten a flashing CEL twice on the highway. Checking my logs there were no timing corrections, or codes suggesting misfire.

I noticed this last time it came on after I reset my trip meter. Could be coincidence but I also read that it could be the MHD multi map feature but I haven’t flashed the multi map function and thought it was the Set button that controlled the feature. Really unsure if I’m misfiring or I’m damn near map switching on the highway lmao. Anything else I could do to check for misfire?
When this flashing CEL occurs, are you pressing the buttons on the knob on the left between the steering wheel and dashboard? I had the flashing CEL with MHD after using that control to toggle around my MPG's, oil temp, and those other options you access through that control. I'm guessing this is what happened since you say there aren't any CEL codes when you look in MHD.