THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum BMW M2 wish list

08-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

BMW M2 wish list

As we are getting more informations about the M4 recently I suppose It will be our turn soon for the M2 What you would like to have in this car?

Since the M4 is reported to weight 1495kg by some magasine I would like the M2 to be 1400kg or lighter.

I would like a transmission choice between a DCT 7 speed and a Manual 7 speed if they could built one. A 6 speed if they can't

I would like the manual transmission to have a launch control feature as well as a revmatch feature like the Corvette stingray.

I would like to have a center display that offer many possibility of personalisation such as boost gauge, oil pressure, oil temperature reading, exhaust temperature, lap times, acceleration times, G-Meter etc etc.

I would like to have adaptative damper as well a lift option on the front suspension(Like the GT3) in order to avoid scratching the bottom of the front bumper in many area.

Maybe a larger fuel tank than the E82 could be interresting to.

I hope the engine will be a L6 3.0 detuned from the M4 with at least 370hp and 370ft-lbs and the exact same internal turbo and intercooler than the M4. That way we could obtain the same power figure by changing the software only. I hope that the redline will at least be 7500rpm with a large power band.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Uneedthis2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-sport

These sound like awesome things, but you're asking a LOT of a car that won't be in the same price ballpark as the C7 vette!
I'd like speed cloth, a decent list of paint colors (hopefully at least one off the wall bright color), optional bigger brakes, and a carbon fiber roof option would be cool but highly unlikely!

If speed cloth isn't an option I sure hope I can find a deal on some of the BMW performance seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

IMO Less is more. KEEP THE WEIGHT DOWN DOWN DOWN...Make THE M2 the enthusiasts car....Make a stripped out version on the luxury items and concentrate on nibleness and handling..For God's sake the current 1M, 135i, are faster than shit already....and i am sure the M235 will be as well...Just make the car handle and feel light.....I went from the 135i to a Miata and let me tell ya....lighter is better for the street and the back roads..If someone wants a "Big" BMW M car than let them have it it in the M3/M4/M5/M6...Let the M2 be the back road "SPORTS" car that has the feeling of being small...Less really is More!!!!!!!!!!!!! For "FUN" driving. And make sure a M/T trans is alway's avaiable..Paddle shifter for a DD is fine but has nowhere the feel of being fully integrtated in the driving experience. I no i sold my paddle shifting 135i for a M/T....waiting on the M2......my other chice ATM is the Porsche BoxsterS or CaymanS....Show us what ya have BMW in the M2 i am waiting another year before i make up my mind.....
      08-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

A great car or any exceptional industrial product to that matter reflects the designer's/engineer's vision of it and has its own strong character which may not suit to everyone's taste.

I believe the 2002 turbo, E30 M3, Z3 M Coupe, E46 M3 CSL and 1M, among others, make good examples of that and they are all unique M cars because of their rawness and abundance of personality, every one of them exceed our expectations about them in many ways while some people never get what's all the fuss about them

So, all I have in my wish list for the next M2 is I hope it won't be a crowd pleaser! Just that. I hope its engineers and designers have a very solid and clear idea of what to achieve with M2 instead of designing it to fill a marketing slot in the BMW line-up or merely represent BMW in its segment against competitors from other brands. I hope they will think about potential clients and future rivals as less as possible and rather focus on how to make it "special". That's all I wish for it but I am not holding my breath either.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 08-17-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #5
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I'll take a detuned S55 (350-380 bhp), M-DCT, CFRP roof and trunk, at least 200 lbs less weight than M3/4... that would about cover it.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
hector
Captain
Rep
Drives: e46 330ci, e92 335i, 2008 128i

2.5ltr inline 5 w/approx. 375hp/350-375ft-lbs., 3250lbs.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
amdmaxx
My gift Registry: M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Mowner of Monster

3000 lb
Ceramic brakes
Tt inline 6-375hp
Proper eps

$45k
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

The 1M was almost perfect. M2 should be the same but needs the following over and above the 1M:

DCT auto option
Carbon fibre roof and more aluminium and CF parts elsewhere
Electronic damper option, sorely missed on 1M
All the creature comforts of a daily driver like the 1M but perhaps a CSL model option for those that want a stripper
4 dr Gran coupe option
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I'd hope they keep it simple. For those wanting all the technology and gadgets, there's already the F80/F82. My ideal would be to leave it simple like the 1M:

Just take all the previous posts and reverse them. No fluff, less weight, no carbon anything, leave the marketing bs off, just make it a good driver.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
Sam85
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6-spd

I will put on my flame suit here, but this is what I want to see as an OPTION, maybe on the M235i and not necessarily the M2, but...

TwinScroll Turbo I6 333+ HP
M adaptive suspension
< 3000 lbs. If this means the back seats are thinner and a rougher ride, that's fine, that's for kids anyway.
4 Door option (Gran Coupe)
Manual 6 speed or that slick new 8 speed auto (have one in my X1, its nice)
and..
AWD.

BMWs AWD system is better than the Audi variants IMO, and significantly better than the others available with Lexus, Cadillac, Merc. But there is an outlier.

The Subaru WRX STi. It has 305 HP and the best AWD system available. Also happens to be the only one available in a manual, so double + there.

An AWD 330 HP 2800 lb 2 or 4 door 2 series would be the GO TO car for anybody in ALL STATES. You think people in Minnesota want to buy a light RWD coupe?

An AWD configuration would open up BMW to motorsports other than just paved events. It could then compete well in ALL sports from drag racing to motocross. If this became available in 2 or 4 doors, I would buy it immediately!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
rca06Mcoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Coupe Imola/Imola

Bring back Techno-Violet
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #12
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam85 View Post

BMWs AWD system is better than the Audi variants IMO, and significantly better than the others available with Lexus, Cadillac, Merc. But there is an outlier.
NO. BMW adds the x-drive system as an afterthought to their cars....they are vastly WORSE in every day than any AWD Audi car. Audi engineers their cars to be AWD from the outset, whereas BMW take a car engineered to be RWD and turn it into an AWD-----hence every BMW i've driven with X-drive feels sloppy and awkward. In terms of traction, the BMWs will get by but still not at the level of Audis. Even the Haldex Audis are better engineered with their AWD due to it being planned in the engineering of the car from the very beginning.

Audi builds the best AWD cars in the world, full stop. Subaru, etc they all follow, IMO.

Honestly i've never driven an X-drive BMW that felt any good to drive. For me, BMW = RWD. If i was looking for strictly AWD, i'd definitely be looking at Audis.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
benzosnenzos
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i ca$$hmere

My dream M2

If vw golfs and mb cla 4 bangers can put down 350+, BMW should just do something crazy and build a highly modified 4cyl with bhp @380+ variable suspension as previous posts have mentioned. All that being said, I recently saw a top gear episode that featured a company that builds Porsches (singer) I really wish Bmw would make the m2 look like a modernized 635i from the 80's. center dual exhaust. I hope that BMW quits changing the face of the car! I think the new 4 series is great but there are a few mistakes in my opinion. Looking forward to the m2.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #14
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I want everything what makes an M4 in the M2 and loose luxury items.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #15
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam85 View Post

NO. BMW adds the x-drive system as an afterthought to their cars....they are vastly WORSE in every day than any AWD Audi car. Audi engineers their cars to be AWD from the outset, whereas BMW take a car engineered to be RWD and turn it into an AWD-----hence every BMW i've driven with X-drive feels sloppy and awkward. In terms of traction, the BMWs will get by but still not at the level of Audis. Even the Haldex Audis are better engineered with their AWD due to it being planned in the engineering of the car from the very beginning.

Audi builds the best AWD cars in the world, full stop. Subaru, etc they all follow, IMO.

Honestly i've never driven an X-drive BMW that felt any good to drive. For me, BMW = RWD. If i was looking for strictly AWD, i'd definitely be looking at Audis.
xDrive rocks!

You need more seat-time.

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
Race 1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

KEEP IT SIMPLE LIKE THE 1M

Dont give us tons and tons of packages and options...

Id love, a few colors, a few interior options, then just have some options, I dont even need packages, just options. Such as ... "6 speed? yes ... nav? yes ... sunroof delete? yes ... comfort access key? yes... Heated seats? no ...

you get the point. I love how on the 1M you had a few colors, a few options, and bam its what you got. Thats what made it such a GREAT car. No jacking up the price because of all this crap you can add to it. I hope it is minimalistic in nature ...

For me... 6sp, sport clothe, sunroof DELETE, nav, comfort access, and MAYBE upgraded stereo if the price is low enough. I dont even want power or heated seats.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #17
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race 1 View Post

For me... 6sp, sport clothe, sunroof DELETE, nav, comfort access, and MAYBE upgraded stereo if the price is low enough. I dont even want power or heated seats.
LOL. so you want it simple but still want 'comfort access' and 'nav'? FAIL!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep

I think affordability is one of the main key of this car I hope that the price won`t increase too much from the 1M maybe 5%, 10% MAX! The deal breaker for me will be to get a 4cyl under the hood. I really hope they keep a straight 6 there.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #19
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race 1 View Post
KEEP IT SIMPLE LIKE THE 1M

Dont give us tons and tons of packages and options...

Id love, a few colors, a few interior options, then just have some options, I dont even need packages, just options. Such as ... "6 speed? yes ... nav? yes ... sunroof delete? yes ... comfort access key? yes... Heated seats? no ...

you get the point. I love how on the 1M you had a few colors, a few options, and bam its what you got. Thats what made it such a GREAT car. No jacking up the price because of all this crap you can add to it. I hope it is minimalistic in nature ...

Very good and relevant point indeed! Also helps keeping the ownership sentiment very close to a like-minded folks club membership
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #20
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

@OP
This is why we can't have nice things.

I want the M2 to be as simple as possible!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
Race 1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
LOL. so you want it simple but still want 'comfort access' and 'nav'? FAIL!
disagree, those are just the 2 options that I enjoy or want in my vehicles. I dislike "packages" because they all contain items that arent really needed. Lets say they have a technology package, which includes nav, for $3,000. Thats all fine and great but I do not need 3 out of the 7 items included, and out of the 7 items included all I really want is the navigation. SO, I rather be able to have a few options and just select "nav" for $1,800 and call it a day, then have to select a "package" because it is the only way to get the nav in the vehicle. Know what I mean? This is what they did on the 1M and that's why it kept costs low and people got "exactly how they wanted it" and why till this day they still LOVE their cars ... besides the fact that it is a great car in general.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #22
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep

Well the 1M also came with packages here in Canada there was only 2 (executive package and Navigation). On my side I won`t buy a car this price which doesn`t have heated seats but I can easily live without navigation option. All options are matter of opinion. For sure I prefer the M2 to stay basic now that we know more about the M4 I just hope the both car will share the same engine(on lower spec), transmission, suspension and wheel option. I wish the M2 will also have a good diet versus the 1M.
Appreciate 0