THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning 2016 M235i Xdrive Dinan S2 Package

01-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #1
Moo239
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Xdrive

2016 M235i Xdrive Dinan S2 Package

Good afternoon,
I felt as if my M235i needed a little more power and stability in cornering so I decided on purchasing an S2 equivalent package from dinan. I fell in love with their moto of reliability over performance (I believe time will show if this is true). As I already own an Mperformance exhaust and really didn't want to spend more money on the dinan muffler I custom purchased each part to my house: the tune, roll bars, spring set, spring bump stops, intercooler, and cold air intake. The products arrived today and I will be planning to install them myself to get around the 3500$ install fee I was quoted. I will be taking my time installing the parts over the next few weeks as I am still in school and only have Saturdays to work on the car. Overall, I will provide the community with my feedback over the install and how I think the package suits the car. So far the package costed me 4500$ with the end of the year 15% discount and shipping.

-Max
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
Moo239
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Xdrive

Muffler Delete + Cold Air Intake

I finally started work on my car I brought it to a local muffler shop in Las Vegas by the name Best Muffler Shop. I decided to remove the factory muffler but cut off the tips, including the valve. In terms of the muffler delete it only took 2 hours as the shop had to create a custom y pipe. In addition, I managed to mount the cold air intake which rubs a little on a piece of plastic. I temporarily fixed this by using a piece of felt until I can find out what to do. Overall, with the cold air intake and muffler delete the stock blow off valve is much more audible, the burbles and pops are amplified, I would say it's 2x louder and has a slightly deeper tone. In addition the drone isn't bad or barely even noticeable over the wind noise and road noise in comfort mode when the valve is closed. So far the only issue I am having is the amplified rattling sound which I believe is from the exhaust valve (its very loud on startup and goes away after 1 minute of running, I am bringing it in tomorrow to just remove the valve in general).

I provided a few pictures to show how the exhaust looks in addition to the cold air intake, I was able to film a sound clip on a warm startup and will soon provide a sound clip driving around in addition to how I removed the valve without throwing any codes.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0