THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2015 M235i Convertible Owners

03-03-2015, 05:26 PM   #1
mcom
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpine WT M235i Vert

2015 M235i Convertible Owners

Wealth of knowledge here!

I took possesion of my Alpine white, Black top, Black interior convertible last week. I love it.
1. Seat belt eylets - They are Red! Only red thing on the car, any suggestions on how to get them black?
2. I am a big guy, so seats are all the way back... made the mistake of letting go of my seat belt at my waist, it slammed back with such force, it dinged my 2 day old tinting (noticeable hole). Any way to fix this besides re-tinting my window and any way to 'slow the roll' of the seatbelt mechanism?

Thanks in advance for the help (as always)!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

I've had things happen to my car since the first week - it's a daily driver and if you fix every little chip and scratch and examine every inch of the paint after a drive it takes the joy out of ownership. I'm not insinuating that's what's happening in your case but I don't think you should make any repairs or modifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

If you ordered the black interior then your dealer can replace the red belt eyes for free. I would hate to have red.

I know what frustration is having dents and scratches removed. I'm having my second little dent removed costs $90 each time. I don't clean the car too often but hate dents.

You'll have to post some photos.

Last edited by Kiwi; 03-03-2015 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #4
todd hollander
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcom View Post

I took possesion of my Alpine white, Black top, Black interior convertible last week. I love it.
1. Seat belt eylets - They are Red! Only red thing on the car, any suggestions on how to get them black?
2. I am a big guy, so seats are all the way back... made the mistake of letting go of my seat belt at my waist, it slammed back with such force, it dinged my 2 day old tinting (noticeable hole). Any way to fix this besides re-tinting my window and any way to 'slow the roll' of the seatbelt mechanism?

What/where are your seat belt eyelets? I have Alpine White over Terra and have no red parts on the seat belt attachments anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #5
mcom
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpine WT M235i Vert

They are the round things that the belt goes through coming up from the bottom. 7 inches behind the seat at its farthest back. Sorry, don't have a pic right now... maybe tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 11:17 PM   #6
Rexmachine
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 F10, M3 Com, M235 cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcom View Post

can you post some pictures of your car ? I only collecting mine in April thanks
Appreciate 0