THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M235 Folding mirrors Standard?

09-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #23
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

just go to your dealer and have them call BMW while you are there on speakerphone...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #24
Jasond13
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunnz View Post
Fair enough!
I picked up my car a week ago no folding mirrors your not alone. Anyone notice the speedometer is off by 2mph? I should start another thread about that and my hood that does not close right.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #25
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasond13 View Post
I picked up my car a week ago no folding mirrors your not alone. Anyone notice the speedometer is off by 2mph? I should start another thread about that and my hood that does not close right.
Speedo always reads faster. It's by design.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #26
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
I picked up my car a week ago...
my hood that does not close right.
What's happening with your hood?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #27
Jasond13
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Speedo always reads faster. It's by design.
So if your car is a lease and every time you drive your speedo is actually reading 60mph but you only really doing 58mph am I not being beat out of miles?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #28
cram501
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieb923 View Post
There is no button for the folding mirrors on the drivers armrest in my car.
Does anyone have a '15 M235Xi without the folding mirrors?
I picked up a MG M235ix this week. It has folding mirrors and I do have the premium package.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #29
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So if your car is a lease and every time you drive your speedo is actually reading 60mph but you only really doing 58mph am I not being beat out of miles?
the odometer measures miles correctly, it's just the speedometer reads a higher speed

so if you drive for an hour at 60mph average speed you will actually travel 58miles and your odometer will show 58 miles not 60
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #30
Jasond13
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
What's happening with your hood?
So I was putting the first coat of wax on my car and I noticed an ever so light crease right before the edge of the hood right above the drivers head lamp. And right on that spot there is an imperfection in the paint like a grain of sand got painted over. So the crease is Really hard to see you have to be close and be looking for it. Anyhow I opened the hood for the first time to look underneath it you can feel and see something happened underneath that spot. So I went to close the hood and as per the manual it say to let it drop so the first latching engages and the put your hands on the hood and push to complete final latch. So what happens is the left side closes all the way and the right side side does a single latch. So if you put your palm on it and push it won't complete the final latch and the hood bends. So the only way to close it is to unlatch it again an slam it really hard. So this is what I came up with, before they gave me the car they opened the hood because I saw there service sticker on the underside of the hood when I opened it for the first time. So the tech went to close it an encountered it not latching and pushed down on that corner and slightly bent the hood. So I called the sales guy and he put me in touch with the service director. I told him what happened and he said bring it in. Which I don't want to drive it because I'm waiting for my paint protection appointment but then I thought if they were to fix the hood the paint protection would be a waste. So I drove there yesterday 40 miles. About 1 mile from the dealer right before the exit on the highway I hit like a little square not a pothole more like a patch, and in the car it felt very minor but it wasn't because my brand new Pirelli all season run-flat tire with 52 miles on it blew out instantly. The sidewall has a nice tare in it. I was really mad when I pick this car up and it did not have the Michelins PSS on it. They don't even tell you that when you order it. So I drove real slow a mile to the dealer. I get out, I go look at the front of the car of course a giant rock chip right out of the front bumper. Now I'm saying to myself, was this trip even worth it. So the first intake guy comes up to me and says what seems to be the problem. For starters obviously I need a new tire. Which they don't have and can't get till wendsday. So I show him the hood and he says I don't see anything. I was like really maybe you should try another angle because I see it clearly. Again he say nope I don't see anything. I was like ok please get the service director. I also told him about the speedo and he's like its not possible it's the speed sensor obviously he knows not what he speaks. So the director comes out (he's the one I spoke with on the phone who told me to come) I show him the hood and he sees it right away and encountered the closing issue and strait up says something is wrong with this hood I don't even like the way it closes. So to make a long story short I drove home in a loner. I'm waiting to here from them, there body guy is going to look at it. I know there is know way to fix it. It needs a new hood, there is no way I'm letting the paint and blend a brand new car it's just ridiculous. I will let them fix the closing mechanism and just have to live with it. Because there is no way to get that hood painted like the factory does it and there is know way they would swap one from a showroom car, so I'm pretty much screwed. I'm so glad I leased it because I really want an M2. That's my only saving grace otherwise I would really lose it. I already ordered a new set of tires because if I don't I will be on the side of the road many times throughout the winter if those tire are so easily punctured. And to top it all off the dealer said that shit is like $400 bucks let me spread my cheeks now.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #31
Jasond13
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
the odometer measures miles correctly, it's just the speedometer reads a higher speed

so if you drive for an hour at 60mph average speed you will actually travel 58miles and your odometer will show 58 miles not 60
Really you would think that's tided together I wonder what the reasoning is behind that. My 2010 Evo MR was dead on. Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #32
Jasond13
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram501 View Post
I picked up a MG M235ix this week. It has folding mirrors and I do have the premium package.
I guess that's the key, I don't have the premium package But it should say it in the options when you order it. Not cool BMW
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #33
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Really you would think that's tided together I wonder what the reasoning is behind that. My 2010 Evo MR was dead on. Thanks for the info
Most plausible answer I have read is that it has to do with European laws. Taken from an article I read:

Quote:
European law (ECE-R39) says speedometers cannot show speeds less than the actual speed, and they must never show more than the 110 per cent of actual speed plus 4 km/h.
So, they inflate the actual speed by a bit to make sure the reading is always higher than what is really being achieved, while still being below 110% of actual speed.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #34
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

you can disable the correction by the way through coding....
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #35
Jasond13
Banned
Rep

Quote:
you can disable the correction by the way through coding....
Really that's great, I just got my cable today I would really like to correct that.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #36
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Really that's great, I just got my cable today I would really like to correct that.
KOMBI 3000 BC_V_KORREKTUR aktiv nicht_aktiv

you can look in the DIY coding section for my cheat sheet if you want too
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 05:18 AM   #37
Jasond13
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #38
Jasond13
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I meant to ask you, is there a way turn on the satellite radio by coding?

Last edited by Jasond13; 10-06-2014 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #39
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I meant to ask you, is there a way turn of the satilite radio by coding?
turn off ? you mean remove it from the radio menu?
why would you want to turn it off?

You might be able to remove 655 and VO code HU_NBT that should remove the satellite tuner if that's what you want...but honestly never seen anybody interested in doing this lol... most people want satellite in not out
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #40
Jasond13
Banned
Rep

Quote:
turn off ? you mean remove it from the radio menu?
why would you want to turn it off?

You might be able to remove 655 and VO code HU_NBT that should remove the satellite tuner if that's what you want...but honestly never seen anybody interested in doing this lol... most people want satellite in not out
Sorry typo, No I mean turn it on, it's not in the menu. I did not get the package, but I read its installed it just has to be turned on by way of coding? BMW wants like $350 to turn it on.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #41
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

yes you need an FSC code from BMW for your VIN and it's usually $250... so $100 for the coding done by them doesn't look too bad actually
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #42
Jasond13
Banned
Rep

Quote:
yes you need an FSC code from BMW for your VIN and it's usually $250... so $100 for the coding done by them doesn't look too bad actually
Oh OK, I thought it could be done without them. But I guess they know this and they put up another barrier.
Thanks again for the info
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 02:55 AM   #43
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
I can't complain, I don't think it was a case of fraud.
I'm more concerned if I should use BMW branded oil or Castrol Edge from Wal-Mart.
BMW oil is made by Castrol. Castrol Edge should be fine.
Very much true, however tests prove Castrol full synthetic is better than the stuff they make for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 03:05 AM   #44
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasond13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cram501 View Post
I guess that's the key, I don't have the premium package But it should say it in the options when you order it. Not cool BMW
It's been this way for a long time.
Appreciate 0