THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Struggling with Color Choice!!

08-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #23
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Go with your gut on color and get what you want. Do not let anyone push you as it won't be your choice, it will be theirs. You are the one having to live with it. You and you alone should love it. I'm going against the grain and I think it's going to be a winner!

You won't find many 2 series around to see all of the available colors but you can do what I did and go to the dealer and at least see the same colors in other cars. That should help you decide.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #24
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

I like white/Red.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #25
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
I went with Estoril Blue/Black.....My drive way will now be red, white, and blue with 1 nissan and 2 bmws
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #26
PrazVT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M240i 6mt (soon)

Thanks for the advice guys - yah I'm going to get the whole color thing out of my head now and concentrate on the painful wait until she arrives

I'm told that my car should be part of week 36 production - so does that mean first week of Sept?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #27
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrazVT View Post
Thanks for the advice guys - yah I'm going to get the whole color thing out of my head now and concentrate on the painful wait until she arrives

I'm told that my car should be part of week 36 production - so does that mean first week of Sept?
Dang that is quick! Yes the first week in september would be production week 36.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:10 AM   #28
PrazVT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenington86 View Post
Dang that is quick! Yes the first week in september would be production week 36.
I know right! My dealer had 2 allocations for week 36 that would be locked in the next 72 hrs (that was Saturday morning); otherwise, I'd have to wait 3 weeks +/- for the next one.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #29
DeaconBlues
Ambassador
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i M Sport

Quote:
Hey! A lot of great choices mentioned above - thanks for the inputs!

I think each of us has tastes catering to our personalities - in my 20s I'd probably have gone Red or VO or EBII, but I think I tend to gravitate toward darker color combinations. I actually started off with EBII + Terra, and then a few hrs later had a panic attack about the color (i.e. something was off in my gut) - I like EBII, but not sure I like that much. VO + Red interior is a nice combo too; but I feel like I'd be advertising myself to the cops

I ended up just going Black Sapphire + Terra + Fine Line wood + black kidney grilles; I know it's a little boring, I guess I'm a little conservative when it comes to colors.

Still, I appreciate all the inputs and look forward to seeing your cars w/ the chosen combos. Looks like my 228i M Sport will be going into production week 36.

Other specs...

6MT
Tech Package
Premium Package
Lighting Package
Track Handling Package
Heated Seats
Enhanced USB
Harmon / Kardon

Good choice on the colors -- you won't be disappointed. I have a 228i M Sport with BSM/Terra, along with the fine line wood trim and black kidney grilles. It does require more frequent washes, but it looks absolutely stunning when it's clean... and the Terra is really attractive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #30
PrazVT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBlues View Post
Good choice on the colors -- you won't be disappointed. I have a 228i M Sport with BSM/Terra, along with the fine line wood trim and black kidney grilles. It does require more frequent washes, but it looks absolutely stunning when it's clean... and the Terra is really attractive.
Hey DeaconBlues - yeah, your car thread is what came up when I googled that color combo It's a beautiful car!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #31
DeaconBlues
Ambassador
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i M Sport

Quote:
Hey DeaconBlues - yeah, your car thread is what came up when I googled that color combo It's a beautiful car!
Thanks, and glad I could be of service!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #32
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

I agree that these 2 series cars (& most new BMWS) are tougher to order the perfect combo. I'm about 1 year 6 months away from building my next new BMW. I'm already trying to figure out the perfect build.

I was lucky when building my first new bmw over 4 years ago when I had an easy build. I've been an owner of a pristine 1988 325i sedan in cirrus blue/silber grey leather, so Building my 2011 128i convertible was easy. I had the personal advantage of a lifetime (my personal opinion). I was 29 years old and came away with Blue Water/Grey leather interior with FULL grey everything, door cards, carpet, trims, etc. Personally In my belief nothing gets better than an all-light grey colored interior. The leather was light in color which reminded me of dove grey a color used in the E36 M3's.
I added grey poplar wood trim (brownish/grey wood) and a moonlight metallic top.

I recently purchased a 2013 320i july 13' and had no choice but to get Sapphire Black/Black since I didn't to wait or build such a car. It's just a common 3 series after all. I did get leather, Non-xdrive, and lighting pkg.
The car taught me to be a better detailer with even more OCD tendencies that's all I can say about it. Can't wait to jump to a 2 series convertible which wasn't even revealed as a coupe yet to the public at the time during which I got the F30. Sucked to buy a car when I did (No 4 series yet, No 2 series, & just the left-over parts bin 1 series cars which were probably the only convertible I'd see myself buying). Didn't want another one of those which had horrible interior color choices at the end production run time

Now it's 2014 and I'm starting to plan the 2 series ideas. Just turned 34 about 2 weeks ago...and it does seen like I've changed my color choice ideas(They don't have an awesome color like blue water and light all grey interior). Very much so still hating the 2-tone interiors and don't ever want a bland all black interior again...so I'm basically screwed. No monotone color interiors. Wish I could atleast get full monotone oyster interior. Wouldn't have to think so hard into the build/order.
As of now I've been thinking heavily about Sparkling Brown 228i Xdrive SportLine, Track pkg, with Oyster, Gloss black interior trim with Silver trim and a black top. Essentially it will have every option except concierge services and auto high beams.
I like the brown due to rare unique colorway and being fully loaded I'd find myself able to live with the ugly black door cards, carpet and other interior bits.
I like Valencia Orange but will NOT get it simply because my father owns a 11' 1 series M coupe in that color.

Tough choices lie ahead - sure. I guess it's all about being able to live with the things you don't like about the car.
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #33
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptempo80
I agree that these 2 series cars (& most new BMWS) are tougher to order the perfect combo. I'm about 1 year 6 months away from building my next new BMW. I'm already trying to figure out the perfect build.

I was lucky when building my first new bmw over 4 years ago when I had an easy build. I've been an owner of a pristine 1988 325i sedan in cirrus blue/silber grey leather, so Building my 2011 128i convertible was easy. I had the personal advantage of a lifetime (my personal opinion). I was 29 years old and came away with Blue Water/Grey leather interior with FULL grey everything, door cards, carpet, trims, etc. Personally In my belief nothing gets better than an all-light grey colored interior. The leather was light in color which reminded me of dove grey a color used in the E36 M3's.
I added grey poplar wood trim (brownish/grey wood) and a moonlight metallic top.

I recently purchased a 2013 320i july 13' and had no choice but to get Sapphire Black/Black since I didn't to wait or build such a car. It's just a common 3 series after all. I did get leather, Non-xdrive, and lighting pkg.
The car taught me to be a better detailer with even more OCD tendencies that's all I can say about it. Can't wait to jump to a 2 series convertible which wasn't even revealed as a coupe yet to the public at the time during which I got the F30. Sucked to buy a car when I did (No 4 series yet, No 2 series, & just the left-over parts bin 1 series cars which were probably the only convertible I'd see myself buying). Didn't want another one of those which had horrible interior color choices at the end production run time

Now it's 2014 and I'm starting to plan the 2 series ideas. Just turned 34 about 2 weeks ago...and it does seen like I've changed my color choice ideas(They don't have an awesome color like blue water and light all grey interior). Very much so still hating the 2-tone interiors and don't ever want a bland all black interior again...so I'm basically screwed. No monotone color interiors. Wish I could atleast get full monotone oyster interior. Wouldn't have to think so hard into the build/order.
As of now I've been thinking heavily about Sparkling Brown 228i Xdrive SportLine, Track pkg, with Oyster, Gloss black interior trim with Silver trim and a black top. Essentially it will have every option except concierge services and auto high beams.
I like the brown due to rare unique colorway and being fully loaded I'd find myself able to live with the ugly black door cards, carpet and other interior bits.
I like Valencia Orange but will NOT get it simply because my father owns a 11' 1 series M coupe in that color.

Tough choices lie ahead - sure. I guess it's all about being able to live with the things you don't like about the car.
Sparkling brown on oyster would be a stunning combo. I don't think you could really go wrong with that, and like you said the rarity and uniqueness of that car will be nice. I too was in the same boat as you I've always had black/black vehicles so this time around I opted for superman combo.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #34
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Sparkling brown on oyster would be a stunning combo. I don't think you could really go wrong with that, and like you said the rarity and uniqueness of that car will be nice. I too was in the same boat as you I've always had black/black vehicles so this time around I opted for superman combo.
Nice! I can appreciate a superman combo 2 series.
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #35
RobTaylor
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428; 228 Sport/TracPack

I am pushing 71, changed my mind on DS Blue and am going with the Superman Combo. So what does that say about age and color choices?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #36
nelsonzac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 330 CSI

Garage List
color

What is superman combo?

What about silver red?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #37
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonzac View Post
What is superman combo?
Estoril Blue / Coral Red
      10-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #38
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Xdrive MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTaylor
I am pushing 71, changed my mind on DS Blue and am going with the Superman Combo. So what does that say about age and color choices?
When I bought my 328 GT EB was the only choice for me. That color is awesome, and now that I am back looking for a new car my choice is the M235i xDrive in EB w/black leather and brushed aluminum. Trying to locate one nearby and get it by Saturday or early next week at the latest.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #39
BlackonBlack74
Private
Rep
Drives: 235i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhon View Post
When I bought my 328 GT EB was the only choice for me. That color is awesome, and now that I am back looking for a new car my choice is the M235i xDrive in EB w/black leather and brushed aluminum. Trying to locate one nearby and get it by Saturday or early next week at the latest.
What about silver with oyster interior? I like black on black, just wondering if having a black rag-top with black interior is too much black.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #40
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack74 View Post
What about silver with oyster interior? I like black on black, just wondering if having a black rag-top with black interior is too much black.
It looks really nice, i also thought about oyster with EB, and the Terra w/Mineral White. The two I am trying to get here to Michigan is an EB w/black, and the Mineral White w/Terra. My GT was lost in the flood we had in August, been driving a Truck that I was originally going to sell but had to hang on to it. If I had the time to order/build I would order in early 15, and plan ED for pickup or maybe even Performance Center-that would be cool I couldn't swing a Europe trip. The contract with Terra and black carpet looks great, but not all would see it that way.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #41
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhon View Post
It looks really nice, i also thought about oyster with EB, and the Terra w/Mineral White. The two I am trying to get here to Michigan is an EB w/black, and the Mineral White w/Terra. My GT was lost in the flood we had in August, been driving a Truck that I was originally going to sell but had to hang on to it. If I had the time to order/build I would order in early 15, and plan ED for pickup or maybe even Performance Center-that would be cool I couldn't swing a Europe trip. The contract with Terra and black carpet looks great, but not all would see it that way.
Not sure what part of town you are in, but another forum member and I have had good sales experiences with John Moyer at Erhard BMW/Farmington Hills.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #42
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Not sure what part of town you are in, but another forum member and I have had good sales experiences with John Moyer at Erhard BMW/Farmington Hills.
I live in Northern Macomb, and work in downtown Rochester. I drove by their place last Sunday, they have a couple M235 on the lot, Silver w/black pretty nice. I bought my GT from Rochester Hills, will not be headed back there-service issues. I bought my wife's x5 from Scott Appleford in Grand Blanc-they have gone out of their way to service her car-they have picked it up several times. Grand Blanc has an Alpine White test drove that one-seems like there are so many white cars around here it doesn't excite me. The Mineral White has enough sparkle that its nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #43
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack74 View Post
Hmm silver with oysetr...the oyster for sure lightens up the interior
Appreciate 0