THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Looking for Part #'s - Interior wood trim

08-28-2016, 10:41 PM   #1
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

Post Looking for Part #'s - Interior wood trim

I'd like to purchase some new OEM interior trim.

My new car has the fineline wood trim with oxide silver accent. The car is brand new yet came with three pea-sized dings on the gloss wood trim above the glovebox. I've had the car for 2 weeks only and recently did a full interior detail of the car as I make my way around detailing everything in my take on "new car prep".
Nothing more to say - the emotion takes over, the feeling I get from seeing or knowing that this damage is there on a new car with 600 miles on it. Makes me wanna do this everytime I look at it. Maybe I can pretend the dings/divots whatever are not there.. Nope! After one day when the evening set in & reflections were more present.. I can't miss em' lol.

Anyways Sorry for the lil' rant. I'm in need of a replacement part. The main panel/wood trim piece above the glovebox is what I need. Anyone know the part # or where I can get the part #??
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 03:49 AM   #2
Zooks527
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi / 2005 Tacoma 4x4

realoem.com

Enter your vehicle information, go to "browse parts", select "Vehicle Trim", select "Mounting parts, I-panel, top"

As an example, here's the link for the page for mine: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_8368
Scrolling through the long list gives me part number 51459205376
Using Google to search for that part number gives me: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...m/51459205376/

Looks like $170 from that site. You may want to go through your dealer to confirm the part number you come up with.

Prior 40 years: 67 BelAir wagon / 68 LeMans Tempest / 70 Mustang Mach 1 / 72 El Dorado / 78 Corvette / 81 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 83 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 85 Bronco 4x4 / 96 Bronco 4x4 / 04 Passat 4mo / 09 BMW 335xi

Last edited by Zooks527; 08-29-2016 at 07:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 06:41 AM   #3
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

I replaced my 5 pieces of fineline with the carbon fiber. I'll sell you the 5 pieces then you'll have some spares as well! PM if interested!
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
I replaced my 5 pieces of fineline with the carbon fiber. I'll sell you the 5 pieces then you'll have some spares as well! PM if interested!
I thought of doing the carbon fiber but with or without my taste ...it doesn't seem like it will work too well on a luxury line convertible with oyster leather interior.
As long as you have it... I'd definitely consider buying the trim from you.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
realoem.com

Enter your vehicle information, go to "browse parts", select "Vehicle Trim", select "Mounting parts, I-panel, top"

As an example, here's the link for the page for mine: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_8368
Scrolling through the long list gives me part number 51459205376
Using Google to search for that part number gives me: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...m/51459205376/

Looks like $170 from that site. You may want to go through your dealer to confirm the part number you come up with.
Thank you! Will do!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 08:27 AM   #6
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

If I were you I'd see if the dealer would replace it free of charge. Seems like something was missed (by them and you) in pre delivery inspection.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #7
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
Trim

I also have Oyster interior and ordered the car with High Gloss Black trim:

which comes with the brushed metal highlight. You'll note that the shift gaiter is in grey, replacing the original slightly naff plastic metallic trim. I re-sprayed this myself.

I'd been thinking about the Carbon Fibre and did the gaiter removal /respray /replacement to see how adept I would be at DIY-ing this. On reflection, I'm going to leave it at that. But what I realised was that you could get a plain trim replacement and then respray, or do a hydrographics film at a lot less than the £500 the CF costs:

https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/cat...e-gallery/cars

The above is mainly CF films, but I also like the potential to use a completely different film pattern:

https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/cat...esign/illusion

I think what you'd have to do is get a replacement plain cheapest trim set and then send that off to someone like the above to apply the film, and then replace each piece at leisure. You could theoretically remove the existing trim and send it off, but the car wouldn't be usable in the meantime. What attracted me is that you don't have to have a pattern but could use a plain colour to match the uphostery. Or even a wood that better matches the oyster, for example

https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/wc-wd-si-001

Last edited by msej449; 08-29-2016 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 01:28 AM   #8
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
If I were you I'd see if the dealer would replace it free of charge. Seems like something was missed (by them and you) in pre delivery inspection.
You are probably right. I've had a fair share of troubles with the car and haven't been driving it as much as I would like due to issues to the car. It's drivable and all...It's just that I'm not pleased with the stuff that happened to it sitting on the lot in Charlotte all year. (It's a 7/15 production). Not sure how long it was on the lot (Probably since September or October 2015).
The car was advertised on the online ad with 9 miles on it. The first time I called I stated that I was looking at the white convertible with 9 miles on it. I didn't ask or confirm miles after that. They didn't say anything. I never asked how long the car was sitting on the lot or what the production date was.
-More than 1 month later I make the trip from PA to NC to get the car and it has 288 miles on it. Before making the trip I did get a decent % off the MSRP all negotiated by phone. My fault for not being thorough enough upon delivery time.
When I got there I was told that it was used as a display car for some kind of even that the dealership put on somewhere in the area and that was their explanation of why it had 288 miles on it. I was okay with it....this was my first new car I didn't order and first car I purchased out of state. (I picked the car up 8-13-16)

Well..things got worse a hour into the delivery day when my brother noticed a ding on the car. If he wasn't walking by in the right lighting he may have not seen it. I didn't see it upon first inspection. The dealership scrambled to find a PDR guy but it was Saturday at like 2:30pm. The PDR guys in the area call it a day on Saturdays at 1:00pm. I could't wait untill Monday to get the ding out because I was going back to PA on Sunday night.

Come Thursday Aug 18th at home in PA I get my ding out by a PDR guy who has worked on most of my cars...He got the ding out and then another slight one I spotted in garage lighting which was located on the top of the drivers door. All repair was paid for by the dealership. The next day I noticed the driver's door had glass scratching deep enough to catch my finger nail. I didn't tell the dealer about this because I was the one who had to be back in PA for Monday the 15th and couldn't wait for the PDR guy to come repair the ding at the dealership. So Fail there. I'm in talks with a glass place called GlassRENU that specializes in glass scratch repairs to get that fixed.

Also on this Thursday I had the rest of the day off for work so I did some cleaning of the car and felt a sandpaper like feel of the clear...no problem it came off with my most mild clay. I thought it was rail dust or something. Nope. Overspray. The pass side front corner below of headlight area was painted aka blended. Overspray on the underside of the headlight. The color didn't match upon close inspection...the texture was not poem looking and neither was the quality. Some splotching look in some areas. 3-stage mineral white is no joke.
I told my dealer & again they agreed to pay for it. >Now most currently the car was taken to the only BMW certified body shop in my area...1 hour drive away in Allentown PA. I had the inspection done on the 25th and they quoted me at $1400 for repairs. They have good experience matching mineral white now that it's been around for while now. Also he said it seems like they have to do body work on a Mineral White BMW SAV's every week.
The estimator said that there's definitely a paper trail of what was done to the car and that cars do get backed into on high volume lots every day. He said they have painters that just go up to the cars on lot and repair and refinish them right on the lot outside. That's why there's the micro size brown dust speck under the clear coat (which was the visual that got me going on noticing the problem). The estimator has entered in description of: "poor quality right side spot refinishing" on the estimate write up for the bumper.

Sorry for the extra long rant: Longest story variety of slight problems on an otherwise excellent cabriolet. I shouldn't have to experience/deal with all of this but I wanted specific options/colors luxury line cabriolet and this one had everything. Hence the trip to get it. My brother lives in Charlotte so I had a fun weekend hanging out with him and my parents who were also visiting him while picking up the car. That was a big plus.
All-in-all I've had a great experience also with this dealer and my salesman. He is a good guy and has been great along the way. He will probably be bummed to hear about another problem ugh - now the wood trim smh.

This weekend I noticed the trifecta of three dings on my finalize wood trim. I don't know how the heck this can happen (didn't happen on my 128i convertible with grey poplar wood trim). Last weekend (heading into Week 2 I polished out some odd scratches I noticed on the wood when doing the first interior dash n trim detailing (yes they were there too from new/delivery..hairline type looked like something was dragged down the dash and over the wood trim area). The scratches were hairline type but deeper than swirls.
Worth mentioning: Week one - first leather conditioning yielded some kind of residue from a sticker of some sort on the glovebox area...that was easily removed with some goo-gone gel. I should have went on with the wood trim detailing but didn't because I was treating my leather seats and detailing the other interior stuff: interior dash, pillars, door panels, weatherstrips, etc.

I'll call my dealer again and tell them about the trim and see what they will do for me on that. Seems like I've been taking with them for the past 2 months and almost have. It bothers me that now even the interior trim is a issue that needs replacing. Thats nothing to what worries me the most though: The bumper repaint/blend has me most worried...how the hell are they going the match the "hardest color" I have no comfort in this process. Being an avid detailer /enthusiast with OCD It's not fun times right now. I'm not even driving the car right now. Skipped a BMW CCA event too. Normally I'd be exited to show my friends my new car. Let's see what happens. Until then Ill just "cover my eyes" lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by Uptempo80; 08-30-2016 at 01:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 05:56 AM   #9
moke
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
I also replaced my woodline trim with CF. Not sure if your's is a convertible, but the vert has an extra hole for the button for the retractable top.

Mine is also availabe for sale. It was replaced right after purchase and was on the 235i convertible.

PM me if you're interested.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #10
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I Will buy it off you at some point anyways. Currently I'm waiting to see what the dealer will do for this damaged piece.
Appreciate 0