THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning New bootmod3 N55 Burble Update is INSANE! vid inside

Closed Thread

06-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #23
genadyl
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayan1983 View Post
Has anybody in here run BM3 on M235i for an extended period (close to a year)? Considering it and would like to get your thoughts/opinions. Also, I've heard that running this tune causes some extra wear on the turbo due to the increased frequency of spooling...just a myth??

Appreciate any and all feedback!!
So it is my understanding - these guys are new, they just came up with no DME removal flash this February and latest maps versions are all few month old or less. So the answer is no - you will not find anyone who had it for a long period of time.
Nevertheless I had my installed by BM3 authorized dealer and these guys seem to be very knowledgeable and had nothing but very positive feedback on the tune.

Also use your common sense - the harder you drive the car the more wear and tear you going to see, regardless of any tune.
I am happy with power delivery after tune - very smooth (OTS 91 map, all stock HW), a lot less turbo lag that annoyed the heck out of me.
At the same time I do not drive like a maniac everywhere I go now, I can still chill out and have a relaxed drive if I want to that is not going to increase any wear over stock I am sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #24
frenchfry675
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by genadyl View Post
Quote:
Has anybody in here run BM3 on M235i for an extended period (close to a year)? Considering it and would like to get your thoughts/opinions. Also, I've heard that running this tune causes some extra wear on the turbo due to the increased frequency of spooling...just a myth??

So it is my understanding - these guys are new, they just came up with no DME removal flash this February and latest maps versions are all few month old or less. So the answer is no - you will not find anyone who had it for a long period of time.
Nevertheless I had my installed by BM3 authorized dealer and these guys seem to be very knowledgeable and had nothing but very positive feedback on the tune.

Also use your common sense - the harder you drive the car the more wear and tear you going to see, regardless of any tune.
I am happy with power delivery after tune - very smooth (OTS 91 map, all stock HW), a lot less turbo lag that annoyed the heck out of me.
At the same time I do not drive like a maniac everywhere I go now, I can still chill out and have a relaxed drive if I want to that is not going to increase any wear over stock I am sure.
You do realize this original post was made 2/17? There's definitely people that have had the tune over a year out there. They just came out with the obd flashing but not the flashing itself.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #25
frenchfry675
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

Quote:

I wouldn't worry about additional wear and tear because of the tune. You'll replace spark plugs sooner but as long as your not beating your car all the time it shouldn't be much different from stock. That being said It's pretty hard not getting on it all the time once you get the flash. It pulls hard all the way through the rpm range.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 11:40 PM   #26
M235SDCA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235 Vert

Quote:

I have had BM3 Stage 2 OTS since last April, so about 1 year 2 months. Haven't had any issues. Have to agree with everyone else that says it is hard to stay off the throttle. Did change the plugs to the PTF recommended NGK type and gap settings.
Closed Thread