THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Help me understand wheel offsets for our cars/whether a certain wheel would fit

03-22-2018, 11:50 PM   #1
lazymman345
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M235i

Help me understand wheel offsets for our cars/whether a certain wheel would fit

Hey guys,

From my understanding the wheels on the standard square setups on the M235i's are 18x7.5 w/ an offset of 45? I recently came across a craigslist add with a really good deal on a wheel/tire combo. The seller does not have an invoice for the wheels and does not know what the measured offset for the wheels are. I was wondering if I went to look at the wheels in person, and put one on my car, would I be able to immediately tell whether i'll have any issues with the offsets being off? The link for the ad is below.

Thanks!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/wto...534355392.html

edit: should also mention that my car is on some sort of springs (i believe dinan) and is lower than stock

Last edited by lazymman345; 03-22-2018 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 03:24 AM   #2
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Based on Beyern’s website, they are the Mesh chrome lip series, 5x120 bolt pattern. The 225 looks stretched and the 255 looks square so it has to be the 18x8.5 wheel. I don’t see why they wouldn’t fit. Like you said, best bet is to mount them to find out. 255 on 8.5 in the back should be fine, the question is the 8.5 up front being lowered. Since it’s a 225 mounted with stretch, should be fine.

If going to mount only one, I’d recommend the front tire. If mounting 2 then obviously one front and one back on the same side. Either way, after mounting it, put the car on the ground with it and turn the front wheels full lock both ways and feel inside for rub on the shocks
Appreciate 0