THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum How important is it to do a daily visual inspection?

05-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
Climate Changer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i xdrive convertible

Garage List
2018 230i xdrive co ...  [0.00]
2019 x3  [0.00]
Very important!! to me and others on the road.

This is what I found today.

TPS normal 35psi.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

I do a basic look/walk around almost every time I approach my cars.

Something about operating heavy equipment when I was younger taught me a great deal in value for pre-trip inspections and preventative maintenance.
      05-07-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
saxguy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

These tires are a nightmare. I'm sure you don't even remember hitting anything too bad.

When I took delivery of my car (factory car - 2018 M240i xdrive convertible w/4700 miles) there was a bad vibration which I told the dealer about right away and the dealer I purchased it from refused to come pick the car up to evaluate it because of distance. I had my local dealer evaluate it and it was determined that all the rims were bent and the right front was bent beyond repair. They took video showing the front right wheel was badly out of shape - AND THE TIRE WAS COMPLETELY FINE. After the orginal dealer heard this they came and flatbedded the car back to them for evaluation. They found the front passenger tire looking exactly like your photo. I don't remember hitting anything after getting the car back from my local dealer (only drove it about 10 miles between getting it back and having the original dealer pick it up). Obviously it happened sometime between the time the video was taken and them picking up the car.

Now I'm in a fight with the orginal dealer because they're saying I damaged the wheel and they shouldn't be responsible. The video from my local dealer clearly shows the wheel was bent and no tire damage was present - which means the original dealer sold me a car with bad rims. The original dealer has no understanding of physics or the time space continuum so all they see is a damaged tire and are blaming me.

Nonetheless, I'm a little concerned about these run flats in the tri state area. I keep hearing stories of members here splitting the walls of them multiple times in a short period of time.

Last edited by saxguy; 05-07-2019 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
paposalsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

I do the same before and after driving it ...... some people will look at me like I'm crazy at work. Learned during my years in the ARMY

BTW OP, I'm selling 2 Almost brand new RF tires ...
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00