THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos My supercar dilemma! Help Me.

05-22-2016, 04:40 PM   #23
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
I don't see why anyone would go to an M3 forum and ask or talk about buying anything but an M3!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 05:02 PM   #24
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
I don't see why anyone would go to an M3 forum and ask or talk about buying anything but an M3!!!
Because there is a "General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos" forum.
Appreciate 3
      05-24-2016, 04:43 AM   #25
scoobysaurus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
The new AMG GTR is going to have about 600hp and might as well be the fastest among those cars except 0-60 because of RWD. I personally would've gone with that. Anything with 2 seats, killer looks and over 600hp is very much a supercar as far as I'm concerned. Second choice would be the R8 although it still looks like its 9 year old predecessor.

911 turbo is probably the best all rounder though and I love the colour. Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Yeah what's the cutoff between super car and hyper car? None of these strike me as super exotic. I think these are all very high end of normal cars. Super to me is like Ferrari, Lambo then hyper is all the really crazy stuff like Pagani. Nice for sure but not sure I'd say "super cars"
So the badge decides what's a supercar and what's not? Let me guess, a Ferrari California and Lamborghini Urus count as surpercars to you but world beaters such as 911 GT3 RS, Viper ACR, R8 Plus and GTR Nismo are just "nice" cars. Maybe nobody should consider a pedestrian M3 either despite better performance because Porsche sells a Macan with a more prestigious and hence "super" badge. Give me a break.

Last edited by scoobysaurus; 05-24-2016 at 04:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2016, 04:59 AM   #26
M3ZING
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6 C7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus
The new AMG GTR is going to have about 600hp and might as well be the fastest among those cars except 0-60 because of RWD. I personally would've gone with that. Anything with 2 seats, killer looks and over 600hp is very much a supercar as far as I'm concerned. Second choice would be the R8 although it still looks like its 9 year old predecessor.

911 turbo is probably the best all rounder though and I love the colour. Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Yeah what's the cutoff between super car and hyper car? None of these strike me as super exotic. I think these are all very high end of normal cars. Super to me is like Ferrari, Lambo then hyper is all the really crazy stuff like Pagani. Nice for sure but not sure I'd say "super cars"
So the badge decides what's a supercar and what's not? Let me guess, a Ferrari California and Lamborghini Urus count as surpercars to you but world beaters such as 911 GT3 RS, Viper ACR, R8 Plus and GTR Nismo are just "nice" cars. Maybe nobody should consider a pedestrian M3 either despite better performance because Porsche sells a Macan with a more prestigious and hence "super" badge. Give me a break.
Well Said!
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2016, 05:09 AM   #27
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

OP, you didn't respond to my question / statement. Here it is again. This is the Western internet in all its glory so feel free to speak your mind.

(this was WRT your use of "inshallah")
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
I know Arabic references pretty much everything in terms of the almighty, but really, how many people over there are ACTUALLY religious? I know your culture forces you to pretend--my trading partner in China told me that his Muslim clients (he has a lot, from several middle east countries) are extremely devout when they visit him as a pair or group, but when they are by themselves, they almost UNIVERSALLY forget about all that bullshit .
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 05:32 AM   #28
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

GT3/RS what else(on this list)

A real supercar when it comes to tracking.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 07:08 AM   #29
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
you mad bro?

not sure why you 're so butthurt.

"supercar" is a term thrown around automotive forums alot. this is what it means to me:

1)price--around 200k and up. notice the italics...i said around. not a firm number but typically a big contributor to my next point.

2) rarity--a function related to 3 characteristics, the vehicle price, the limited production, and relative "high" demand.

3) coupe or spyder -- a two seater...duh! (exception is the mclaren F1)

4) engine placement -- rear or mid engine. ('tho the ferrari F12 TDF is making me reconsider this requirement...maybe)

5) high hp to weight ratio -- i emphasize ratio rather than absolute horsepower. a sub 2800lb car with 400hp is still a darn fast rocket.

6) engineering/artistic appeal -- cool/innovative construction and/or design aesthetic (ie pagani huyra)

7) badge/manufacturer history -- this is a much softer requirement. but it takes into account a manufacturer's past cars and current production focus.
      05-24-2016, 08:14 AM   #30
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

That would be tough call buy me one of each and I will research for you
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #31
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
Almost a year later and you still believe this is just an M3 forum. For future reference there are several forums integrated with the "BIMMERPOST Universal Forums" section.

For example, I'm currently posting this thread from http://f10.5post.com/.

Your world just got bigger.
      05-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #32
klrgoten
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///

still need a year or two before I can afford one, but the '12 Audi R8 GT is still one of my favorites. Not sure if they are planning any more GT runs.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 12:58 PM   #33
M3ZING
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrgoten
still need a year or two before I can afford one, but the '12 Audi R8 GT is still one of my favorites. Not sure if they are planning any more GT runs.
I read on the R8 Fourms that their is a GT model going to made in 2018
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #34
klrgoten
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZING View Post
I read on the R8 Fourms that their is a GT model going to made in 2018
Can't wait to see them when they come out... thx for letting me know
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #35
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

They're all nice cars but if you're concerned with resale buy the GT3.
The Turbo and R8 will tank in price.
BTW, the GT3 is pretty fast and is liveable as a DD, if you don't need the space.
How on earth did you get a PTS Porsche?

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #36
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

I dont see any super cars on that list. But if I had to pick one it'd be the GT3
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #37
M3ZING
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991GT3
They're all nice cars but if you're concerned with resale buy the GT3.
The Turbo and R8 will tank in price.
BTW, the GT3 is pretty fast and is liveable as a DD, if you don't need the space.
How on earth did you get a PTS Porsche?
Next gen R8 Will be turbocharged if so its not going to depreciate.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #38
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZING View Post
Next gen R8 Will be turbocharged if so its not going to depreciate.
Yeah it will, trust me. R8s don't(and won't) hold their value because they aren't limited production cars. Plus the car already exists with a Lambo badge.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 01:18 PM   #39
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Then a Corvette Z06 is not a supercar because it does not cost enough or rare enough to qualify Edit: And, the engine is in the wrong place? Performance doesn't count? Just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
you mad bro?

not sure why you 're so butthurt.

"supercar" is a term thrown around automotive forums alot. this is what it means to me:

1)price--around 200k and up. notice the italics...i said around. not a firm number but typically a big contributor to my next point.

2) rarity--a function related to 3 characteristics, the vehicle price, the limited production, and relative "high" demand.

3) coupe or spyder -- a two seater...duh! (exception is the mclaren F1)

4) engine placement -- rear or mid engine. ('tho the ferrari F12 TDF is making me reconsider this requirement...maybe)

5) high hp to weight ratio -- i emphasize ratio rather than absolute horsepower. a sub 2800lb car with 400hp is still a darn fast rocket.

6) engineering/artistic appeal -- cool/innovative construction and/or design aesthetic (ie pagani huyra)

7) badge/manufacturer history -- this is a much softer requirement. but it takes into account a manufacturer's past cars and current production focus.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 05:34 PM   #40
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Then a Corvette Z06 is not a supercar because it does not cost enough or rare enough to qualify Edit: And, the engine is in the wrong place? Performance doesn't count? Just wondering.
You would be correct. Not bash on its performance, but no, I don't consider a Z06 a supercar.
      05-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #41
E30toF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 528i Executive Edition

Garage List
We definitely appear to have some haters in here. Yeow!
I'm not gonna judge you, but I'm going to lecture you like a child with a multi paragraph response. Come on now....Then again, I have no idea how old the OP is so maybe he is a child haha.!

I would have gone with the gt3 myself... But that's just me. The new R8 would be a close 2nd.

Last edited by E30toF30; 05-25-2016 at 09:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 02:33 AM   #42
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Supercar thread and buys a Porsche 911 Turbo? Misleading title for sure.

I know Arabic references pretty much everything in terms of the almighty, but really, how many people over there are ACTUALLY religious? I know your culture forces you to pretend--my trading partner in China told me that his Muslim clients (he has a lot, from several middle east countries) are extremely devout when they visit him as a pair or group, but when they are by themselves, they almost UNIVERSALLY forget about all that bullshit .
Its all relative. Depends on the person, which country theyre from, what part of the country they grew up in, what religion they believe in, and the environment they were raised in.

Inshallah is the Arabic equivalent of hopefully. Its used in the Arabic culture in order to avoid jinxing yourself.

Most Arabs (regardless of religion) are not as religious as perceived. They are also selective with what is permitted and what isnt.

It also depends on the country. In certain parts of the Levant, many Arabs drink, do drugs, fornicate, etc. In other countries such as the Gulf, sex is permitted if youre discreet and alcohol is allowed.

Not certain if that answers your question, but hopfully it helps.
      05-26-2016, 03:41 AM   #43
mremg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TT RS, NC MX5

Quote:
OP, you didn't respond to my question / statement. Here it is again. This is the Western internet in all its glory so feel free to speak your mind.

(this was WRT your use of "inshallah")
Honestly, this isn't really the place to ask such questions...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #44
krisnetaji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991GT3 View Post
Yeah it will, trust me. R8s don't(and won't) hold their value because they aren't limited production cars. Plus the car already exists with a Lambo badge.
The R8 holds it value much better than the Turbo/Turbo s

Go and look at 2009 R8 and see what they go for.
Appreciate 1