THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum interior leather options

02-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

interior leather options

Gents,

I ordered my M235 blk/oyster but dislike the SOLID white. I don't think it looks as good as the oyster on the 228 which is oyster/blk like on euro models.

You guys think dealer can get BMW to build it with black door inserts to break up all the white? I would think this would be simple. Nothing like BMW individual. I've bought 6 Bmw's in the last 4 years. Maybe they would take that into consideration for a loyal customer.

Otherwise, perhaps have aftermarket shop do black leather in door inserts? My only issue with that is the "rough" texture BMW uses vs. a nappa smooth leather. Would they mismatch. The red/black has contrast, it look great, But My M6 is red/black. I want the cars to be different.

Thanks for reading.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post
Gents,

I ordered my M235 blk/oyster but dislike the SOLID white. I don't think it looks as good as the oyster on the 228 which is oyster/blk like on euro models.

You guys think dealer can get BMW to build it with black door inserts to break up all the white? I would think this would be simple. Nothing like BMW individual. I've bought 6 Bmw's in the last 4 years. Maybe they would take that into consideration for a loyal customer.

Otherwise, perhaps have aftermarket shop do black leather in door inserts? My only issue with that is the "rough" texture BMW uses vs. a nappa smooth leather. Would they mismatch. The red/black has contrast, it look great, But My M6 is red/black. I want the cars to be different.

Thanks for reading.
Read this. Answer is "no" unless you care to wait.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=951078