THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum They're crushing my car!

08-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #23
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
Glad it is working out for you, zero miles all over again, nice. Did you get the exact same color and options?

I would not mind getting that phone call and trying to negotiate one of the first M2's to come off the production line.
I will try to see if I can get a M235i instead haha
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #24
dcpower
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive Estoril Blue

Exact car, save for Hexagonal trim instead of brushed.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #25
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Got the call this morning...
      08-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #26
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

That makes 3 of us!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 06:16 PM   #27
dcpower
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive Estoril Blue

Update: The dealer just called and offered me a 435 until my replacement is ready. Just picked it up, a 2016 435 xDrive. White, no options, but a 6-Speed. Taking the car to BC for the weekend. Should be fun.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 11:08 PM   #28
uberspeed
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpower View Post
Update: The dealer just called and offered me a 435 until my replacement is ready. Just picked it up, a 2016 435 xDrive. White, no options, but a 6-Speed. Taking the car to BC for the weekend. Should be fun.
Glad to hear it's being handled well. What's the turnaround time for your new 235ix?

Last edited by uberspeed; 08-21-2015 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: Phone error
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #29
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I have an update too.
I spoke with my BMW sales person today and ordered a new M235i to replace my car.
I just have to wait until late fall for it to be built and arrive.
In the meantime I continue to drive my 228i.

All payments I have made to my 228i will carry over to the M235i

I am very happy with BMW and the dealer's service.

Last edited by Merc for hire; 08-22-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #30
Xiaoxi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpower View Post
Exact car, save for Hexagonal trim instead of brushed.
I think you'll like the hex trim. It looks bad ass!! I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc for hire View Post
I have an update too.
I spoke with my BMW sales person today and ordered a new M235i to replace my car.
In the mean, time I continue to drive my 228i.

Wow!!!! Congrats! Talk about a silver lining...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 08:41 PM   #31
Pistole-Peteski
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

I got a call from my sales guy yesterday as well... Says I'll be getting a formal call from the dealership's GM next week about this, but he wanted to give me a heads-up in advance. He made no guarantees, but said I would very likely be ordered a brand new car... Incredible. He did say that they'd need to perform an inspection on it first. That's sounds a bit inconsistent with some of the other posts in this thread. Have any of you guys been asked to bring your cars in for an inspection? Or was the new car confirmed during your call with the dealer?

If this actually shakes out next week, I wonder if they'd be open to upselling me into an M2 allocation for next year...?

I'll keep you guys posted once I hear from the GM.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 09:14 PM   #32
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistole-Peteski View Post
I got a call from my sales guy yesterday as well... Says I'll be getting a formal call from the dealership's GM next week about this, but he wanted to give me a heads-up in advance. He made no guarantees, but said I would very likely be ordered a brand new car... Incredible. He did say that they'd need to perform an inspection on it first. That's sounds a bit inconsistent with some of the other posts in this thread. Have any of you guys been asked to bring your cars in for an inspection? Or was the new car confirmed during your call with the dealer?

If this actually shakes out next week, I wonder if they'd be open to upselling me into an M2 allocation for next year...?

You have to bring it for inspection first. If it fails the inspection, they will take the car from you immediately and you will have to get a rental/loaner until you get your new car.
If it passes the inspection, they will still likely request to take it back. But you will be able to drive the car until you get your new car.

I don't think waiting for an unreleased car is an option, that's more like asking for a refund.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #33
G-Mann
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
I will try to see if I can get a M235i instead haha
Quote:
I have an update too.
In the meantime I continue to drive my 228i.

Lemons into lemonade, that worked out pretty damn good. The payment carry over does help compensate for the inconvenience.

2022 M4 Comp X
2021 M440ix - Sold
2015 M235 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #34
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistole-Peteski View Post

My call from BMW indicated that there would first be an inspection and if it failed, my car would not be returned and I'd be ordering a replacement while at the dealership at the same time.
I dropped by the dealership yesterday to see how likely it was that my car would be pulled as I have a lot of sheit on and in the car and if it was going to be pulled then I would take off the goodies (lic plate frames, exhaust tips, etc) and clean the car out before I came in for the "inspection" tomorrow (Monday). I was told that it is 99.9% likely that it would be pulled so that I should clean her out. My car was built in mid-Jan and sat it Halifax from early Feb thru mid-April so it's unlikely it's gonna pass.
So now I'm debating whether to order the exact copy of vehicle I'm losing as I really like everything about the 228i xDrive ragtop (colour combo, pkges, options) and it handles and performs perfectly - so I don't really need or want anything more. OTOH, I toying with the idea of getting the same configuration in the M235i xDrive ragtop - only because of the incremental cool factor - but there'll be a price to pay for that..
Probably gonna regret whatever decision I make.
      08-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #35
Ninerdawg
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Keep in mind, you hold all the cards here, not BMW or the dealership. You own the car, so you don't have to do anything. If they demand you turn in the car you can tell them to go pound sand if you want to.

Here is the deal - at a minimum they should replace your car with one that is exactly the same, including your mods in such a way that you are not financially worse off than you are now. If they say "hey, we can only replace you with a stock BMW." Just use the most important word in the English language, "No." Literally, just tell them that you don't agree to the deal.

Again, they cannot force you to give the car back. Even after the "inspection", if you want the car back you get it back or else its called "grand theft auto."

They want this car back for safety reasons. You bought the car in good faith and are being seriously inconvenienced by their screwup. They should make you whole at the minimum. Frankly, before i took the car in i would talk to a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #36
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninerdawg
Keep in mind, you hold all the cards here, not BMW or the dealership. You own the car, so you don't have to do anything. If they demand you turn in the car you can tell them to go pound sand if you want to.

Here is the deal - at a minimum they should replace your car with one that is exactly the same, including your mods in such a way that you are not financially worse off than you are now. If they say "hey, we can only replace you with a stock BMW." Just use the most important word in the English language, "No." Literally, just tell them that you don't agree to the deal.

Again, they cannot force you to give the car back. Even after the "inspection", if you want the car back you get it back or else its called "grand theft auto."

They want this car back for safety reasons. You bought the car in good faith and are being seriously inconvenienced by their screwup. They should make you whole at the minimum. Frankly, before i took the car in i would talk to a lawyer.
That's not exactly true...

Once BMW can demonstrate it made a "good faith effort" (a decent lawyer could tell you what that means) to remedy the situation, it's off the hook if the owner refuses. Once that occurs, the recall (or lack thereof) follows the vehicle, severely impacting it's resale potential.

BMW can't force any deal on the owner... It must be an equitable arrangement. They can't legitimately screw the owner, but at the same time, there are limits to what demands the owner can make.

Legally, all any company has to do is make the owner "whole" (another legal term). Sometimes that trail leads to the courts, but the owner should take note that BMW can, and will, "out lawyer" him if it gets to that point.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 05:04 PM   #37
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep

Had my inspection today.
My 228i Msport xDrive cabrio is being pulled..
I submitted an order for a 2016 M235i xDrive cabrio.
The good news is they're letting me continue to drive the 228i ragtop until the earlier of either the arrival of my 2016 M235i ragtop or until BMW Munich advises otherwise.
      08-24-2015, 05:10 PM   #38
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfile
Had my inspection today.
My 228i Msport xDrive cabrio is being pulled..
I submitted an order for a 2016 M235i xDrive cabrio.
The good news is they're letting me continue to drive the 228i ragtop until the earlier of either the arrival of my 2016 M235i ragtop or BMW Munich advises otherwise.
Based on the others with the same issue that have posted previously, that's about what I expected.

I haven't seen much (if any) evidence that BMW was trying to be "hard-nosed" or difficult about resolving the issue.

I hope it continues to go smooth in your experience as it progresses towards a resolution...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #39
artinz
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: m235i

Well, I guess mine is one of the 5 affected ones, because I just got this call today from the owner of my dealership. Car is being returned on Wednesday.

I told them I had a full front film protection put and paid $2K for it, so I'm getting a big credit for that (apparently $3500). I had also replaced the kidney grills (which I'm getting back) and painted front reflectors which I'm going to take a loss on (no biggie).

Also asked about upgrading to a M2 prior to production starting on my 2016. They said it's totally fine except the problem is there's no order guide even available in Canada yet so I can't really order without knowing what it's going to cost me.

If I can't get the M2, I'll probably add on the executive package that I decided to forego initially which includes adaptive headlights, collision warning, HK system, & integrated garage door opener
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #40
uberspeed
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninerdawg View Post

Sounds like they're really doing right by the customer, why make it more litigious?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 06:35 AM   #41
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Got the call late yesterday. Going in Tuesday for the inspection. Good news is I can keep my car until the new one arrives probably late October, first week of November. Funny thing is, as soon as I get the new one, it goes in the garage for the winter...with basically 0 miles on the odo! When I take it out again at the end of March I'll be starting all over again! Oh well, new '16, no miles and the dealer is covering all mods put on the vehicle after I took delivery (i.e. all my Dinan stuff, re-wire my dashcam for me, my IND markers etc).

Kind of sad though that the car will literally be sent to the crusher...what a waste of a fine automobile

Dave
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #42
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Got the call late yesterday. Going in Tuesday for the inspection. Good news is I can keep my car until the new one arrives probably late October, first week of November. Funny thing is, as soon as I get the new one, it goes in the garage for the winter...with basically 0 miles on the odo! When I take it out again at the end of March I'll be starting all over again! Oh well, new '16, no miles and the dealer is covering all mods put on the vehicle after I took delivery (i.e. all my Dinan stuff, re-wire my dashcam for me, my IND markers etc).

Kind of sad though that the car will literally be sent to the crusher...what a waste of a fine automobile

Dave
Ummm, if you haven't yet gone in for the inspection, how can you possibly know if they'll let you keep it 'til your new one gets in?
My understanding is that if your car fails visual inspection, they yank your car immediately and give you a loaner 'til your new one arrives.. If it passes, then the results of a secondary test will determine (by the folks in Munich) if you get to keep yours 'til the new one arrives..
      08-26-2015, 12:19 PM   #43
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Ok, I'm 99.9% certain I'll be keeping my car because my SA advised that they've already inspected 6 of the 9 she had to contact and they've been fine and have kept their vehicle.

So...I guess I should've said, statistically speaking...I should be ok. Either way, I get new wheels
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #44
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Perhaps we can save the floor matts at least before surrendering the car to the crusher?
Appreciate 0