THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Speeding Ticket

08-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #23
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeezy View Post
Not sure if you're familiar with NYC but I was crossing the Manhattan bridge which is basically a highway, there were also no cars anywhere on the entire road loll

But I definitely agree for residential areas. It was a bit tongue in cheek.
Know it blindfolded....born and raised in Brooklyn, near Flatbush Avenue, but further up, closer to Prospect Park. Anyway, there is a good reason for that limit and it again relates to stopping distance. Even on most NYC roads leading to and from the bridges, there is some space to push a car off to the side after an accident. A hit on the bridge can tie up a major artery in/out of Manhattan and cause quite a mess. So, while some are being distracted by the view, The City is asking us to be extra-careful on the bridge. Everyone is supposed to back it down to maximize the chances of everyone getting across all the time. I suppose varying speed limits on electronic signs relating to the time of day/amount of traffic might make sense, but until then, it's their bridge and their roads to control, so we have to play by their rules or keep paying the penalty! Besides, coming off the Manhattan you should be going slow enough to stop in time to pick up a Junior's Cheesecake on the way!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 09:31 AM   #24
yeezy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228ix, 2018 x1

Lol juniors isn't even that special but that argument is for another day lol
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #25
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Lol juniors isn't even that special but that argument is for another day lol
Not really...we can debate cars and driving but there is no finer cheesecake in the world...and I've looked!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 10:38 AM   #26
yeezy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Not really...we can debate cars and driving but there is no finer cheesecake in the world...and I've looked!
Eileens in Soho is definitely preferred by myself if you never had it you should give it a try loll
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 05:28 PM   #27
5plus2
Rep
Drives: M235i + 528i xdrive

Notify the court based on the information on the back of your ticket that you will attend. There are three possibilities:

1) The officer will not show up. Most likely the judge will dismiss the ticket. You win.
2) The officer will show up. You have two strategies: a) to play hardball by questioning the officer about the device he/she used to measure your speed. For example, you can ask when the officer calibrate the device and insist that you were driving at a lower speed. However, you are accused to drive 60 in 35 zone. The 25 miles is a large difference to argue . You may want to insist that you were driving 50 mph if that means a much lesser penalty.
b) simply show remorse to the judge and the officer and offer to pay the full amount of fine and take online defensive driving course and at the same time ask for no points on record.
3) The officer will show up and your strategy in 2) does not work. You simply waste your time.

I would take the "remorse" strategy if the officer shows up. It is really hard to argue the 25 mph difference. I do not think you need an attorney who will cost you at least 300 to 400 bucks and your time. You should simply go to court to try your luck. The worst thing can happen is to waste your time going to court. I am confidence there will be some kind of "reward" if you go.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 06:58 PM   #28
drakensoul
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5plus2 View Post
...offer to pay the full amount of fine and take online defensive driving course and at the same time ask for no points on record....
If you take the driving course there are no points assessed. So why waste time going to court? Again.. pay the fee, take the class.

Every day on the way to work I hit 85 on the interstate knowing full well that if there's a cop around the bend, I'm screwed. Choices we make.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 07:07 PM   #29
yeezy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
If you take the driving course there are no points assessed. So why waste time going to court? Again.. pay the fee, take the class.

Every day on the way to work I hit 85 on the interstate knowing full well that if there's a cop around the bend, I'm screwed. Choices we make.
For the insurance hit. The driver's course has no bearing on insurance premiums increasing but rather for points until suspension.

I also believe the driver's course would only potentially help take 4 points off when counting towards a license suspension.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #30
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Eileens in Soho is definitely preferred by myself if you never had it you should give it a try loll
You have plenty of advice on the ticket, so back to the digression....

Found this on Google:

Eileen's Special Cheesecake
Zagat rated
QUALITY
APPEAL
SERVICE
Zagat ratings are out of 30
A "must for any cheesecake-lover", this "exceptional" NoLita bakery has "been around forever" (well, since the 1970s) turning out "light", "fluffy" versions in varieties from Key lime to dulce de leche – good thing the individual-size ones allow you to sample different flavors "without feeling too guilty"; though it does a big web-order business, locals claim it as one of their own "hidden gems" that happily "isn't priced for tourists."

"Light, fluffy"????......FAIL!! Dense and heavy is authentic...black hole in space made of cheesecake is the real thing!! Two hands to lift the fork! There is no point in speeding to SoHo! Back across the Manhattan Bridge with all possible haste to Flatbush Avenue! Go pay your ticket and ship each of us one from Junior's!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 11:45 PM   #31
5plus2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
You still need to go to court and try to be nice so that the judge will need to change the violation to a different one that will incur no points on your record whatsoever and let you take the online driving course. That was what happened in my case. You still need to pay the full amount of the original ticket so the township will collect your revenue

Last edited by 5plus2; 08-30-2015 at 11:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 11:48 PM   #32
5plus2
Rep

Some arguments you can make in line of your defense: 1) clean record with no points whatsoever; 2) heavy record with lots of points so that you may lose your job or cause a license suspension after this ticket. Either one, you can ask for leniency. But 1) is obviously better.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 02:25 AM   #33
drakensoul
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5plus2 View Post
You still need to go to court and try to be nice so that the judge will need to change the violation to a different one that will incur no points on your record whatsoever and let you take the online driving course. That was what happened in my case. You still need to pay the full amount of the original ticket so the township will collect your revenue
I've taken the driving course 3 times for 3 different tickets, I've never gone to court, and I've never gotten any points. You just go to the court house and file a nolo contendere and you have 30 days to take the class.

And yes, you do pay the full amount.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:52 AM   #34
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Just go to court and explain to the judge you were texting you boss, telling him you would be late because you had been drinking with some buds at the local strip club, and you let the time get away from you... And because of that, you weren't paying attention to your speedo.

I'm sure the judge will be understanding...
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #35
5plus2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewacket69 View Post
Just go to court and explain to the judge you were texting you boss, telling him you would be late because you had been drinking with some buds at the local strip club, and you let the time get away from you... And because of that, you weren't paying attention to your speedo.

Good humor. But let's not rub more salt into OP's wounds.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #36
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Just reading through the thread and I always liked juniors lol , I now I'm hungry and want cheese cake, Im going to try your suggestion... I know this is hardly cheese cake but on Houston right next to katz's deli there is a gelato place they has the best cheese cake gelato, I go there pretty regularly if you like gelato you won't be disappointed

OP hope you get a favorable out come on your ticket
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 06:23 PM   #37
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5plus2
Quote:

Good humor. But let's not rub more salt into OP's wounds.
Not trying to cause the OP any more pain... Just trying to lighten things up a bit, especially suitable (IMO) on a thread that started out with a speeding ticket that somehow morphed into one on who has the best cheesecake...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #38
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Not trying to cause the OP any more pain... Just trying to lighten things up a bit, especially suitable (IMO) on a thread that started out with a speeding ticket that somehow morphed into one on who has the best cheesecake...
Darn right!! This is worth "hurrying up" for!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 06:57 PM   #39
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I could do with a dose of that cake!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #40
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, 991 C2

So moral of the thread: Cheesecake good; doing almost double the speed limit bad?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #41
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatisntnow View Post
So moral of the thread: Cheesecake good; doing almost double the speed limit bad?
Unless you are on your way to Junior's!

(JK, of course! Drive safely and sanely at all times!)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #42
yeezy
Private First Class
Rep

I think I'm more upset over everyone's love for juniors than my ticket..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #43
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Darn right!! This is worth "hurrying up" for!
Damn you. Trying to lose some of the 6 lbs I gained when I went on vacation
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #44
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I think I'm more upset over everyone's love for juniors than my ticket..
Appreciate 0