THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M235i vs EB Mustang ...?

Closed Thread

07-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #45
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon K View Post
'15 Mustang: 188" l X 75" w X 54" h

M235i: 175" l X 70" w X 56" h

The Stang is humungous compared to the 2 series. That is a big disadvantage right out of the gate IMO, and it's going to have to hugely impressive to overcome that negative.
That things the size of a 60's Buick.
1995 325i, 1996 328ci, 1997 528i, 1997 Z3 2.8, 2000 528i, 2001 X5 3.0, 2001 330i Convertible, 2002 M3 Convertible, 2003 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Coupe, 2004 Z4 3.0, 2004 X3 3.0, 2007 X3 3.0, 2007 335i Convertible, 2013 X1 28 sdrive, 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #46
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
That things the size of a 60's Buick.
It's in boat space, almost a battleship!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #47
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i,13MustangGT,84C10,99A8

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Honestly... are you trying to compare an s197 Mustang, (w/live rear axle), to a BMW..? ... LOL

There is just no comparison! NONE>
Many people would never..EVER own a Mustang. EVER!
I am one of them, until I caught wind of Alan Mulally's s550 pet project..

Once again, the s550 is an all new design, from the ground up, meant to go head to head with the M4. So any previous thoughts about the word "Mustang", just don't apply..

Hey buy the mustang ---- fyi this is not the first year they put an IRS on the car (I owned the one that had the irs). I don't see the IRS making that big of a difference on the street.

Most of the audience for the mustang are big horsepower focused so your little IRS is going to be the weak link. Reason they are asking for the SRA as an option.

Additionally the MT82 in the car is made in china. Nothing against china but the mt82 was a POS.

How many fords have you owned? I currently have a 13 SHO, 13 Mustang, had 03 SVT IRS (IMO best car made by them), 1992 5.0 LX, 1985 Mustang GT, 1993 Ford Lighting....

Have you pre-ordered it? I would you seem convinced.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #48
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:

It's a land yacht.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #49
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK235iNJ View Post
Hey buy the mustang ---- fyi this is not the first year they put an IRS on the car (I owned the one that had the irs). I don't see the IRS making that big of a difference on the street.
There is no comparison to be made between the mediocre, heavy trailing blade setup that the Cobra used compared to the integral link design in the S550. No difference or benefits? Aside from the basic obvious advantages of independent wheel control and driving on real-world, imperfect roads, here's a quick snip of the latest PR info:

"With a stronger yet lighter structure to build on, the hardware was added to meet aggressive performance targets. Every new Mustang features an all-new integral-link independent rear suspension. The suspension architecture is based on a lower control arm, integral link, upper camber link and a toe link. The geometry, springs, dampers and bushings have all been specifically modified and tuned to deliver improved mechanical grip for this high-performance application.

The new suspension geometry of Mustang now generates twice as much anti-squat and anti-lift force for better pitch control to keep the body level under hard acceleration and braking. New aluminum alloy rear knuckles help reduce unsprung mass to enable the tires to follow the road for better ride and handling.

At the front, a new non-isolated perimeter subframe replaces several individual crossmembers to help stiffen the structure while reducing mass, contributing to a better foundation for more predictable wheel control that benefits handling, steering and ride quality.

The new double-ball-joint front MacPherson strut system enables the use of larger, more powerful brakes without resorting to excessive wheel offsets that would hurt steering feel. Like the rear, the front end contributes to improved pitch stability with additional anti-dive in the geometry."

To sum it up, the notorious pitch and roll issues that burdened every prior Mustang should be taken care of. Handling will be more predictable and natural. Weight has been shifted rearward for a new distribution of 52/48 (I4 or V6) or 53/47 (V8). That's down from a whoppingly bad 57/43 in the outgoing S197. Unsprung mass has been reduced significantly despite overall weight going up a mere ~85lbs for the GT. Chassis stiffness has improved by more than 25%. All of these things add up significantly.

Quote:
Most of the audience for the mustang are big horsepower focused so your little IRS is going to be the weak link. Reason they are asking for the SRA as an option.
Nobody has been asking for the SRA except for the traditionalists and die-hards. In fact, on the most populated forum dedicated to this car, I've hardly seen so much as maybe one or two posts bringing up the idea of it. Handling has been the main topic of discussion. The fact that the Mustang's chief engineer, David Pericak, has made claim that the regular S550 GT will consistently outrun the former Boss 302 on a circuit is a huge point of focus for us right now.

Speaking of horsepower, Ford just released numbers within the past week - mild improvements year-over-year. It's a large point of consideration, but not the main point.

Relevant link: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...2015-2505.html

Quote:
Additionally the MT82 in the car is made in china. Nothing against china but the mt82 was a POS.
German designed, manufactured in China - just like many popular products including the stuff that Apple pumps out. Knocking the Getrag MT82 because it's built in China is a cop-out move. There were faults that mainly plagued early adopters after the MY11 powertrain/drivetrain revisions and it sounds like Ford has focused on beefing up both the MT82 and the rear end too (so the IRS shouldn't be a weak link for the drag crowd).

MT-82 improvements: http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=3125#more-3125

Rear end improvements: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...-8-8-2536.html
Quote:
How many fords have you owned? I currently have a 13 SHO, 13 Mustang, had 03 SVT IRS (IMO best car made by them), 1992 5.0 LX, 1985 Mustang GT, 1993 Ford Lighting....
Nice!

Last edited by Year's_End; 07-20-2014 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #50
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

Sounds good and good luck to the folks buying the new mustang.

As for me, I was expecting better quality materials and that was not the case when I saw it in person and this is coming from someone that was on mustang6g every day reading the same crap you quoted. I even called my dealer prior to seeing it trying to pre-order.

Hopefully the production car is as good as they are saying.

btw- I did not enjoy driving the Boss 302 on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
There is no comparison to be made between the mediocre, heavy trailing blade setup that the Cobra used compared to the integral link design in the S550. No difference or benefits? Aside from the basic obvious advantages of independent wheel control and driving on real-world, imperfect roads, here's a quick snip of the latest PR info:

"With a stronger yet lighter structure to build on, the hardware was added to meet aggressive performance targets. Every new Mustang features an all-new integral-link independent rear suspension. The suspension architecture is based on a lower control arm, integral link, upper camber link and a toe link. The geometry, springs, dampers and bushings have all been specifically modified and tuned to deliver improved mechanical grip for this high-performance application.

The new suspension geometry of Mustang now generates twice as much anti-squat and anti-lift force for better pitch control to keep the body level under hard acceleration and braking. New aluminum alloy rear knuckles help reduce unsprung mass to enable the tires to follow the road for better ride and handling.

At the front, a new non-isolated perimeter subframe replaces several individual crossmembers to help stiffen the structure while reducing mass, contributing to a better foundation for more predictable wheel control that benefits handling, steering and ride quality.

The new double-ball-joint front MacPherson strut system enables the use of larger, more powerful brakes without resorting to excessive wheel offsets that would hurt steering feel. Like the rear, the front end contributes to improved pitch stability with additional anti-dive in the geometry."

To sum it up, the notorious pitch and roll issues that burdened every prior Mustang should be taken care of. Handling will be more predictable and natural. Weight has been shifted rearward for a new distribution of 52/48 (I4 or V6) or 53/47 (V8). That's down from a whoppingly bad 57/43 in the outgoing S197. Unsprung mass has been reduced significantly despite overall weight going up a mere ~85lbs for the GT. Chassis stiffness has improved by more than 25%. All of these things add up significantly.

Nobody has been asking for the SRA except for the traditionalists and die-hards. In fact, on the most populated forum dedicated to this car, I've hardly seen so much as maybe one or two posts bringing up the idea of it. Handling has been the main topic of discussion. The fact that the Mustang's chief engineer, David Pericak, has made claim that the regular S550 GT will consistently outrun the former Boss 302 on a circuit is a huge point of focus for us right now.

Speaking of horsepower, Ford just released numbers within the past week - mild improvements year-over-year. It's a large point of consideration, but not the main point.

Relevant link: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...2015-2505.html

German designed, manufactured in China - just like many popular products including the stuff that Apple pumps out. Knocking the Getrag MT82 because it's built in China is a cop-out move. There were faults that mainly plagued early adopters after the MY11 powertrain/drivetrain revisions and it sounds like Ford has focused on beefing up both the MT82 and the rear end too (so the IRS shouldn't be a weak link for the drag crowd).

MT-82 improvements: http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=3125#more-3125

Rear end improvements: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...-8-8-2536.html

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #51
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK235iNJ
Sounds good and good luck to the folks buying the new mustang.

As for me, I was expecting better quality materials and that was not the case when I saw it in person and this is coming from someone that was on mustang6g every day reading the same crap you quoted. I even called my dealer prior to seeing it trying to pre-order.

Hopefully the production car is as good as they are saying.

btw- I did not enjoy driving the Boss 302 on the street.

Quote:

Relevant link: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...2015-2505.html" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.mustang6g...-2505.html</a>

MT-82 improvements: http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=3125#more-3125" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.svtperfor...#more-3125</a>

Rear end improvements: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...-8-8-2536.html" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.mustang6g...-2536.html</a>

Nice!
Those are definitely valid points. I'm not expecting a great interior, but if the driving experience is as good as I can expect based on the material we've been given thus far, I think I'll be a happy camper.

The '12 GT I test drove felt nice but lacked a lot of polish and definitely didn't feel smaller the more I pushed it. The driving position needs to be fixed this time around (thank god they finally included a telescoping steering wheel). I can only imagine how the Boss felt; they must've done of a lot of compensating in the springs and shocks to make up for the pitch and roll issues, plus the Roadrunner is even peakier than the already high string Coyote. It sounds like they're making a big attempt at improving the engine's low-end tractability.

The good news is that we'll have impressions very soon. Journalists have had access to first drives so we're waiting for the embargo to be lifted. I only wish I knew what that date is.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #52
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

Off topic but I'm tempted to buy a used FR-S build the block, turbo and supporting drivetrain mods and call it a day. Now that's a bad little car.

Mine is blue:
IMAG0176 by MarioS75, on Flickr

Quote:
Those are definitely valid points. I'm not expecting a great interior, but if the driving experience is as good as I can expect based on the material we've been given thus far, I think I'll be a happy camper.

The '12 GT I test drove felt nice but lacked a lot of polish and definitely didn't feel smaller the more I pushed it. The driving position needs to be fixed this time around (thank god they finally included a telescoping steering wheel). I can only imagine how the Boss felt; they must've done of a lot of compensating in the springs and shocks to make up for the pitch and roll issues, plus the Roadrunner is even peakier than the already high string Coyote. It sounds like they're making a big attempt at improving the engine's low-end tractability.

The good news is that we'll have impressions very soon. Journalists have had access to first drives so we're waiting for the embargo to be lifted. I only wish I knew what that date is.

Last edited by BLK235iNJ; 07-20-2014 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #53
Glamisfan
Registered
Rep
Drives: Super Duty

I've been cross shopping the two series BMW, new Mustang, and a couple of Lexus cars for my wife's next vehicle. I took a drive in the 228 a few months ago and absolutely loved the car. I wanted to drive a 235, but of course they did not have any in stock. The car gave me a feeling of complete control on the street. While we were going downhill around a corner with a K rail in the middle, the salesman told me to floor it. I looked at him, thought about it for a second, and then floored it! My jaw dropped from shock because there was no sensation of being out-of-control or like I was doing something dangerous. The car just handles great! So I came home and told my wife how much I love the car and that I think I would like that to be her next car. I have a very large super duty pick up, so I'm trying to get her to get a sporty car so that I can have something to have a little fun in. Well we live in a Southern California desert, where the high is 100° or more for four months out of the year. She wants leather seats, and of course she insists that the car has air-conditioned seats. Well guess what! BMW doesn't offer them in the 2, 3, or 4 series! So that's a dealbreaker for both of us. But I still love the car, so we went to look at one today. She sat in the front seat and looked around, and said meh, it doesn't do anything for me. Then she told me to sit in the backseat. At six-foot tall, I'm about 3 inches too tall to sit back there. Honestly, for almost $50,000, a car that has both front and back seats should seat 4 adults, unless it's a Porsche 911. Lol! So the two series is definitely out because of no AC for the seats and it's just too damn small! So now I'm left looking at the Mustang Eco boost, and the Lexus IS 200T and RC 200t when they come out next year. We did go look at a IS350 right after looking at the BMW today, and she liked the interior of that, and I did fit in the rear seat! And it also has air-conditioning available with leather seats!
Also, while researching the mustang, I saw a post about Ford performance parts sells an upgrade kit for the focus ST. It takes that car from the stock 252 hp/270 torque, to 300 hp/380 torque! And that's with Ford's blessing! So the 2.3 Eco Boost should easily go from 310hp/320 torque to 350/400, which Should make it one hell of a fun car!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #54
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:

Have you pre-ordered it? I would you seem convinced.
I am sorry you didn't read the thread...

I own a BMW... with less than 8k miles on it, my 3rd..! and am waiting on the M2, before I decide.

Secondly, I already stated I would never own a Mustang, due to the fact it was never refined enough for my taste. That has changed, as we are now seeing a refined Mustang.

Again... I am glad you are happy with your first BMW..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #55
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

I read the thread... you wrote the following:

Before this year, I would NEVER own a Mustang, EVER. The s550 changed all of that, & from the looks of it, Mulally kept his word and built a BMW competitor. Sorry that the word "Mustang" conjures up images of the old.. that will soon change. Get over it.

If you are waiting for the M2 was the point of this just to start a pointless thread? Also, It seemed like the only opinion you were taking was your own based on your research so again not sure if you were just looking for people to agree with you.

lastly, i didn't know the 135 was quicker than the 235??? I learned something new. So i guess BMW went backwards with the 235 (odd)

Now back to the title of the thread 235 vs EB. The 235 crushes it. No comparison.

Complete performance analysis and accelerations review for Ford Mustang Fastback 2.3L EcoBoost automatic in 2015, the model with 2-door fastback coupe body and Line-4 2264 cm3 / 138.4 cui, 227.4 kW / 309 PS / 305 hp (SAE net) engine offered since mid-year 2014 for North America . According to ProfessCars™ estimation this Ford is capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph in 5.6 sec, from 0-100 km/h in 5.9 sec and 1/4 mile in 13.9 sec.. Below we present more detailed data of the official factory claim and the ProfessCars™ estimation, including acceleration times 0-100 mph, 0-160 km/h, 0-200 km/h, with comprehensive graphic illustration, top speed, accelerations on gears and overtaking times:

Here are the numbers for the GT: (this is pretty close to the 235 and it sucks on gas)

Data for Ford Mustang Fastback GT automatic, model year 2015, version for North America with 2-door coupe body type, RWD (rear-wheel drive) and automatic 6-speed gearbox (with paddle shifters manual shift mode). Basic www.automobile-catalog.com specs and characteristics: petrol (gasoline) engine of 4951 cm3 / 302.2 cui displacement with advertised power 313 kW / 420 hp / 426 PS ( SAE net ) / 6500 and 529 Nm / 390 lb-ft / 4250 of torque (see horsepower and torque curve...). Dimensions: this model outside length is 4783 mm / 188.3 in, it’s 1915 mm / 75.4 in wide and has wheelbase of 2720 mm / 107.1 in. The value of a drag coefficient, estimated by a-c, is Cd = 0.32 . Standard wheels were fitted with the tires size: (see standard and alternative tire sizes). Reference vehicle weights are: estimated curb weight 1650 kg / 3640 lbs . How fast is that car ? Performance: top speed 291 km/h (181 mph) (theoretical); accelerations 0- 60 mph 4.5 s; 0- 100 km/h 4.7 s (a-c simulation); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 12.9 s (a-c simulation) (see detailed performance data review...). Fuel consumption and mileage: official: , average estimated by a-c: 16.1 l/100km / 17.5 mpg (imp.) / 14.6 mpg (U.S.) / 6.2 km/l, average estimated combined driving range (km / miles on tank) of this car is 372 km / 230 miles (see detailed fuel economy review). To view table with this car full photo gallery and complete technical specifications (including final drive and gear ratios, powertrain description, inside and outside dimensions etc.), or to compare up to 5 cars side-by-side - click one of the the buttons below:

M235i Specs:
Specs of BMW M235i Coupe, manufactured or sold in 2014, version for Europe (since March) with 2-door coupe body type, RWD (rear-wheel drive) and manual 6-speed gearbox. Basic www.automobile-catalog.com specs and characteristics: petrol (gasoline) engine of 2979 cm3 / 182.3 cui displacement with advertised power 240 kW / 322 hp / 326 PS ( ECE ) / 6000 and 450 Nm / 332 lb-ft / 1300 of torque (see horsepower and torque curve...). Dimensions: this model outside length is 4454 mm / 175.4 in, it’s 1774 mm / 69.8 in wide and has wheelbase of 2690 mm / 105.9 in. The officially claimed value of a drag coefficient Cd = 0.33 . Standard wheels were fitted with the tires size: (see standard and alternative tire sizes). Reference vehicle weights are: official base curb weight 1455 kg / 3208 lbs, gross weight GVWR 1965 kg / 4332 lbs. How fast is that car ? Performance: top speed 250 km/h (155 mph) electronically governed (declared by factory); accelerations 0- 60 mph 4.7 s, 0- 100 km/h 5 s (declared by factory), 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 12.9 s (a-c simulation) (see detailed performance data review...). Fuel consumption and mileage: official: 8.1 l/100km / 34.9 mpg (imp.) / 29 mpg (U.S.) / 12.3 km/l with emission of 189 gCO2/km, average estimated by a-c: 10 l/100km / 28.3 mpg (imp.) / 23.6 mpg (U.S.) / 10 km/l, average estimated combined driving range (km / miles on tank) of this car is 522 km / 324 miles (see detailed fuel economy review). To view table with this car full photo gallery and complete technical specifications (including final drive and gear ratios, powertrain description, inside and outside dimensions etc.), or to compare up to 5 cars side-by-side - click one of the the buttons below:

either way good luck with whatever you purchase.

Quote:
I am sorry you didn't read the thread...

I own a BMW... with less than 8k miles on it, my 3rd..! and am waiting on the M2, before I decide.

Secondly, I already stated I would never own a Mustang, due to the fact it was never refined enough for my taste. That has changed, as we are now seeing a refined Mustang.

Again... I am glad you are happy with your first BMW..

Last edited by BLK235iNJ; 07-21-2014 at 12:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 12:44 AM   #56
w3rkn
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I read the thread... you wrote the following:

Before this year, I would NEVER own a Mustang, EVER. The s550 changed all of that, & from the looks of it, Mulally kept his word and built a BMW competitor. Sorry that the word "Mustang" conjures up images of the old.. that will soon change. Get over it.

If you are waiting for the M2 was the point of this just to start a pointless thread? Also, It seemed like the only opinion you were taking was your own based on your research so again not sure if you were just looking for people to agree with you.

lastly, i didn't know the 135 was quicker than the 235??? I learned something new. So i guess BMW went backwards with the 235 (odd)

either way good luck with whatever you purchase.
Pointless thread..?

I can easily start a MB A45 vs Audi RS3 thread, without owning, or intent on purchasing.. right..? I am not looking for people to agree with me, but debate the specs and performance.. (re-read the OP)

Secondly, the Mustang will have 5 different models, all aimed at different categories... the EB Mustang is not the only Mustang..
But the EB is EXTEMELY close in performance & specs to the 2-series. So..

Thirdly, the s550 Mustang comes in at several different price points (& 5 engines?).. the SVT will be $20k more than the EB...
Understand..? (M4 territory..!)

Lastly, I did not say the 135i.. , I said 135is.. and I have less than 8k miles on it... an am waiting until MY2017 for my next purchase.. (Vette, M2, SVT..).

Again, this thread is not about me, but these two cars.
And we will know more soon about actual 0~60 times, etc.. but I am more interested in HANDLING. Also, to be fair, lets not forget that for the price of a 235i.. you can get a GT w/PP.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 12:55 AM   #57
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

EB is NOT close in performance not sure where you are pulling this from. The GT yes the EB no. I don't see Ford making the EB faster than the GT.

There are 3 engines with 5 trims in which the GT is the closest in performance specs. Once you get into the SVT the price is pretty high. And again that high price is on a heavily modified $23,000 shell.

I hope Ford nails it with the production car. I will say that seeing the car in person was not impressive at all.

Can post references to see where you are pulling your info from (EB vs 235)?

thanks

Quote:
Pointless thread..?

I can easily start a MB A45 vs Audi RS3 thread, without owning, or intent on purchasing.. right..? I am not looking for people to agree with me, but debate the specs and performance.. (re-read the OP)

Secondly, the Mustang will have 5 different models, all aimed at different categories... the EB Mustang is not the only Mustang..
But the EB is EXTEMELY close in performance & specs to the 2-series. So..

Thirdly, the s550 Mustang comes in at several different price points (& 5 engines?).. the SVT will be $20k more than the EB...
Understand..? (M4 territory..!)

Lastly, I did not say the 135i.. , I said 135is.. and I have less than 8k miles on it... an am waiting until MY2017 for my next purchase.. (Vette, M2, SVT..).

This thread is not about me, but these two cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #58
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
@W3rkn give yourself a pat on the back. You are one of Bimmerpost's foremost authorities on the new S550. In addition you are clearly a supremely well read, thoughtful, and skilled debater with the ability to grasp concepts that escape most of us Neanderthals. Unfortunately, you have failed to convince any of us cavemen of the obvious similarities between the 235 and EB. Maybe if you post this subject on a MENSA forum you'll have better luck with those intellectuals.

@BLK235iNJ ...you should know better than to get sucked into this kind of debate. It's a no-win situation. I went through the same thing with my kids a few years ago...when they were know-it-all 13 year olds.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #59
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

I just can't believe this guy is looking at the M2 while considering a POS EB.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #60
ManCityFan
Banned
Rep
Drives: Evo IX MR

Quote:

M235i: 175" l X 70" w X 56" h

The Stang is humungous compared to the 2 series. That is a big disadvantage right out of the gate IMO, and it's going to have to hugely impressive to overcome that negative.
bigger than an M4! and with less interior room. crazy.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #61
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep

You are correct... thanks for pulling me out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium View Post
@W3rkn give yourself a pat on the back. You are one of Bimmerpost's foremost authorities on the new S550. In addition you are clearly a supremely well read, thoughtful, and skilled debater with the ability to grasp concepts that escape most of us Neanderthals. Unfortunately, you have failed to convince any of us cavemen of the obvious similarities between the 235 and EB. Maybe if you post this subject on a MENSA forum you'll have better luck with those intellectuals.

@BLK235iNJ ...you should know better than to get sucked into this kind of debate. It's a no-win situation. I went through the same thing with my kids a few years ago...when they were know-it-all 13 year olds.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #62
w3rkn
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium View Post

You, along with a few others are just here to troll this thread..

None of you have any intention of knowing the difference & virtues of each car, just want to feel good about your purchase... right..? That is NOT what this thread is about... nor is it about me... another tact, you keep trying to get this thread closed.

Many seem butthurt, or even vehement over the idea of a Mustang GT being a better purchase.. but if you were 100% comfortable with that purchase, you wouldn't even respond here, instead to have to uphold your decision to buy, by coming here and bashing anything that makes your decision look bad...

People's actions, speak louder than you words. So it is funny to watch you newbies derail a thread, that is based on specs. Because you psychologically you don't want to know the answer.. & have buyers remorse.. lol (So you defend/attack.. personally.)

Upset that your BMW is looking weak against a cheap American car... right? Unable to put your FEELINGS & EMOTION aside, for a little paper war.., right?

Where are all of you in the 235i vs Cayman R.. type discussions..? lol..

Want to race BMW's ..? ( The 2-series weighs the same as a Mustang)... dOH! <---- Fact

Wait whaaa ... ^^

Personally, My take is this:

After driving many miles, the PPK2 N55 needs a LSD, to be the car it was meant to be. It just isn't consistent around the corners. At this price range, a LSD should be standard. If I were to keep my 135is, I would def need to get a LSD, period.

That^ same sentiment is already being murmered in the 2-series threads. So as a whole and looking forward, the purchase of a M235i.. must include a $3,300 lsd.. bringing it's real price to nearly $48,000 !!!! (M2 starting price @ $52k'ish)

Secondly, the 135i(s) is lighter than your 235i.. So before I step up to something heavier.. and larger.. like the 2-series, 3-series & 4-series.. I will easily look at and test drive the s550 Mustang. Why not..?

Additionally, if the M2 isn't lighter than a 1-series, whats the point, I can just get a DINAN tune (409ft-lbs) and build out from there, right? (But a Tune+LSD = $4.5k on top of my $52 price tag = $56k) .. and the M4 is the size of a 7 series from 20 years ago.. why not look at the something equally as large, like SVT Mustang... ?

Lastly, .. for any of those who are unable to follow LOGIC, & want to bash the EcoBoost.. it is too funny that you can't make the leap of logic, to understand that the GT w/pp is still $5k less than the 235i.. ... the EB with a Ford tune will have nearly the same HP/TQ as a 235i.. and you will still save $12,000 for helmets, tires and other track necessities.
And again... lets not forget to mention.. that a LSD for the 235i is another $3,300.. Which is a farce.

So who here is really laughing... the people who bought a 235i that's heavier than a 1-series.. or the people who want a car as heavy as a 2-series, but 435HP and Recaros..?

Plz, post more butthurt... this is getting funny. Most you of kids can't even be objective.

Last edited by w3rkn; 07-21-2014 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #63
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

You, along with a few others are just here to troll this thread..

None of you have any intention of knowing the difference & virtues of each car, just want to feel good about your purchase... right..? That is NOT what this thread is about... nor is it about me... another tact, you keep trying to get this thread closed.

Many seem butthurt, or even vehement over the idea of a Mustang GT being a better purchase.. but if you were 100% comfortable with that purchase, you wouldn't even respond here, instead to have to uphold your decision to buy, by coming here and bashing anything that makes your decision look bad...

People's actions, speak louder than you words. So it is funny to watch you newbies derail a thread, that is based on specs. Because you psychologically you don't want to know the answer.. & have buyers remorse.. lol (So you defend/attack.. personally.)

Upset that your BMW is looking weak against a cheap American car... right? Unable to put your FEELINGS & EMOTION aside, for a little paper war.., right?

Where are all of you in the 235i vs Cayman R.. type discussions..? lol..

Want to race BMW's ..? ( The 2-series weighs the same as a Mustang)... dOH! <---- Fact

Wait whaaa ... ^^

Personally, My take is this:

After driving many miles, the PPK2 N55 needs a LSD, to be the car it was meant to be. It just isn't consistent around the corners. At this price range, a LSD should be standard. If I were to keep my 135is, I would def need to get a LSD, period.

That^ same sentiment is already being murmered in the 2-series threads. So as a whole and looking forward, the purchase of a M235i.. must include a $3,300 lsd.. bringing it's real price to nearly $47,000 !!!! (M2 starting price @ $52k'ish)

Secondly, the 135i(s) is lighter than your 235i.. So before I step up to something heavier.. and larger.. like the 2-series, 3-series & 4-series.. I will easily look at and test drive the s550 Mustang. Why not..?

Additionally, if the M2 isn't lighter than a 1-series, whats the point, I can just get a DINAN tune (409ft-lbs) and build out from there, right? (But a Tune+LSD = $4.5k on top of my $52 price tag = $56k) .. and the M4 is the size of a 7 series from 20 years ago.. why not look at the something equally as large, like SVT Mustang... ?

Lastly, .. for any of those who are unable to follow LOGIC, & want to bash the EcoBoost.. it is too funny that you can't make the leap of logic, to understand that the GT w/pp is still $5k less than the 235i.. ... the EB with a Ford tune will have nearly the same HP/TQ as a 235i.. and you will still save $12,000 for helmets, tires and other track necessities.
And again... lets not forget to mention.. that a LSD for the 235i is another $3,300.. Which is a farce.

So who here is really laughing... the people who bought a 235i that's heavier than a 1-series.. or the people who want a car as heavy as a 2-series, but 435HP and Recaros..?

Plz, post more butthurt... this is getting funny. Most you of kids can't even be objective.
Judging from the pic you attached to your post you are the one who should be hurting. That car is butt ugly. Yuk.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #64
w3rkn
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsliver View Post
Judging from the pic you attached to your post you are the one who should be hurting. That car is butt ugly. Yuk.

Another troll..

Looks are subjective, they are not a spec..
Additionally, my 135is is butt ugly... doesn't matter to a real driver.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #65
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Another troll..

BTW, my 135is is butt ugly... doesn't matter to a real driver.
Yes, but compared to the GT it looks great. Look at it and be realistic. It oozes cheapness. It's a redneck car.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #66
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Another troll..

Additionally, my 135is is butt ugly... doesn't matter to a real driver.
Looks are subjective yet you bring up looks. What a joker you are.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread