THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications M Style Mirror Caps

08-19-2018, 09:57 PM   #111
MRMIAGI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i THP M-Sport Tech Lig

Garage List
2015 BMW 228I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJaw View Post
I bought abs plastic ones off ebay and painted them gloss black. The shape is similar to the ones KPT2 posted. I don't hear wind noise with them. Yet, I recently purchased ones that match my mineral white body color from Autoid in the UK. The body style is different though. There are two types of these m style caps for the 2 series out there. If you look on autoid you can see them. There are the m style ones and ones call "tre". The tre style has a more defined like and a straight edge for the wing. The other m style one is curved on the wing a bit and the line is much less defined.

My black original ones from ebay were the tray style. Going to install the autoid normal m style ones later this week I will report on wind noise if I hear it. Supposedly the autoid ones are pretty solid.

It's probably a good idea to decide on which style you want before even searching for the m style caps. Personally I don't like the straight edge of the tre caps. I think the curved wing looks more like the m style.
Hey thanks for the write up! I actually kind of prefer the angular look of the TRE style wings and I was going to purchase some from DCR Tuning on Aliexpress. But I might just go with the more subtler curved style if it's better for less wind noise. Do you have an opinion on which one makes the least amount of wind noise now? Thanks!
Appreciate 1
GrimJaw105.50
      08-19-2018, 10:02 PM   #112
GrimJaw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMIAGI View Post
Quote:
I bought abs plastic ones off ebay and painted them gloss black. The shape is similar to the ones KPT2 posted. I don't hear wind noise with them. Yet, I recently purchased ones that match my mineral white body color from Autoid in the UK. The body style is different though. There are two types of these m style caps for the 2 series out there. If you look on autoid you can see them. There are the m style ones and ones call "tre". The tre style has a more defined like and a straight edge for the wing. The other m style one is curved on the wing a bit and the line is much less defined.

My black original ones from ebay were the tray style. Going to install the autoid normal m style ones later this week I will report on wind noise if I hear it. Supposedly the autoid ones are pretty solid.

It's probably a good idea to decide on which style you want before even searching for the m style caps. Personally I don't like the straight edge of the tre caps. I think the curved wing looks more like the m style.
Hey thanks for the write up! I actually kind of prefer the angular look of the TRE style wings and I was going to purchase some from DCR Tuning on Aliexpress. But I might just go with the more subtler curved style if it's better for less wind noise. Do you have an opinion on which one makes the least amount of wind noise now? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMIAGI View Post
Quote:

I honestly got no wind noise with either one. Here are some pictures for comparison first one is tre style from eBay gloss black. Second is the autoid from uk mineral white.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 08:59 AM   #113
MRMIAGI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i THP M-Sport Tech Lig

Garage List
2015 BMW 228I  [0.00]
Awesome! Thank you so much! Hopefully I'll get them in a month or so if I order today haha.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 02:16 PM   #114
Azn Ninja
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

Mine just came in, going to install these in a few hours.
Attached Images

Scadam245.50