THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics HUS Firmware Update

12-14-2017, 12:55 AM   #1
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
HUS Firmware Update

I’m having an issue with the HUS app, last night it got an update from the App Store, this morning I went into the car and tried to updated the firmware of the device from within the app, when I went I the software tab, there was a button written “Update to Most-Integration”, when I press it a small window underneath it opens saying “Enter a standar code to update”. I have checked all the owners guide, manual for the HUS, contacted both the dealer, service partner and even the Hotnline from within the car, no one knows what it is and what the code for my car is and where to find it. They suggested I try 1111 or 0000 but no luck, I tried every combination that I use for my 4 digit passwords, no luck. Do you guys have any idea what it is or where can I find it?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Garage List
So, I got an answer from BMW HUS support department;

Dear Sir,

This update is only intended if the BMW Head-Up Screen is equipped with the expansion kit for factory navigation. BMW Service is installing a new control unit and connecting it to the factory navigation system. Upgraded in this way, it is possible for the BMW Head-Up Screen to display the navigation instructions from your BMW's factory navigation system. To do this, however, your BMW must meet certain basic requirements, which you can find out from your BMW dealer. It is also necessary to find out whether this retrofit product will be sold in Turkey.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards
HUS-Support Team

The only thing is my car does have factory nav option but this isn’t wired up, I asked the service and looked at ETK but couldn’t identify the part number so my guess would be it should be on the box of the original kit but I don’t have it in there.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Garage List
Ok, so after asking them about the kit and where to find it I got this reply;

Dear Mr. Akömer,

many thanks, we appreciate your toughts. I've checked your BMW for compatibility, at this moment our extension kit for factory navigation doesn't work on your car. The reason is, that the navigation system on your car has the new styled operating surface. We are working on it and we will be back in touch with you as soon as the system works properly.

The extention kit is selled separately and contains i.a. a new control unit and a new harness, both are meant to be connected on the instrument cluster with extended contents (SA 6WA), witch your car surly is equipped with. After the installation, the Head-Up Screen needs the update, which you tried to run through Head-Up Screen App. This is the reason why we put a code on this update, if you run the update on the Head-Up Screen without the extention kit, the Head-Up Screen would be seriously damaged.

HUS-Support Team
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #4
blongiye
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30

Hi,

I have a BMW Head-Up Screen and want to know if there's an expansion kit for factory navigation available for my BMW in Canada.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 01:23 AM   #5
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blongiye View Post
Hi,

I have a BMW Head-Up Screen and want to know if there's an expansion kit for factory navigation available for my BMW in Canada.

Thanks.
Hi,

I don’t think you can check it yourself. But you can contact the HUS support from here: HUS-Support@bmwgroup.com They are very friendly and open about the topic as you can see from my experience. Wishing you luck...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #6
blongiye
Canada
Rep

Here's the response I received from HUS-Support Team:

"Dear Sir,

the extension kit for factory navigation is basically retrofittable, unfortunately the kit is not available in your country.

HUS-Support Team"

They haven't informed me if the kit would be available in the future in Canada
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 07:11 PM   #7
blongiye
Canada
Rep

Here's the response I received from HUS-Support Team to my question of when the kit will be available in Canada:

"Dear Sir,

this kit will not be available in the north American countries.

HUS-Support Team"

I just don't understand why they can't make it available for Canada. Why would they roll out the HUS app update in Canada in the first place and then have me thinking about the "Update to Most-Integration" option is? App updates can be specified to roll out in select regions by the app developer.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 07:16 AM   #8
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Garage List
just too much work for them I guess😂 Anyway, sorry about your situation. I wonder which cars or head units are compatible with it as mine is still not supported as well...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 04:05 PM   #9
Darudis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by omera60 View Post
Ok, so after asking them about the kit and where to find it I got this reply;

Dear Mr. Akömer,

many thanks, we appreciate your toughts. I've checked your BMW for compatibility, at this moment our extension kit for factory navigation doesn't work on your car. The reason is, that the navigation system on your car has the new styled operating surface. We are working on it and we will be back in touch with you as soon as the system works properly.

The extention kit is selled separately and contains i.a. a new control unit and a new harness, both are meant to be connected on the instrument cluster with extended contents (SA 6WA), witch your car surly is equipped with. After the installation, the Head-Up Screen needs the update, which you tried to run through Head-Up Screen App. This is the reason why we put a code on this update, if you run the update on the Head-Up Screen without the extention kit, the Head-Up Screen would be seriously damaged.

HUS-Support Team
Hi have you got any news from HUS support team about this extended HUS kit that supports factory navigation? Maybe you already got it in Your car? Do you know the part number? I’ve got the 62302361627 that works with garmin app which is no longer supported, I’ve changed my phone recently and I can’t download Garmin HUD app any more. Contacted HUS support team about this app issue but they just ignored my emails. Did a research and found this 62302457872 HUS kit that works with factory navigation but there isn’t much information about it, how to connect it, does it uses most connection, which head unit CIC NBT or NBT EVO works with it etc. I hope that this kit will work with my NBT head unit (pronav 2016) which head unit have you got in your BMW?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 07:26 AM   #10
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darudis View Post
Hi have you got any news from HUS support team about this extended HUS kit that supports factory navigation? Maybe you already got it in Your car? Do you know the part number? I’ve got the 62302361627 that works with garmin app which is no longer supported, I’ve changed my phone recently and I can’t download Garmin HUD app any more. Contacted HUS support team about this app issue but they just ignored my emails. Did a research and found this 62302457872 HUS kit that works with factory navigation but there isn’t much information about it, how to connect it, does it uses most connection, which head unit CIC NBT or NBT EVO works with it etc. I hope that this kit will work with my NBT head unit (pronav 2016) which head unit have you got in your BMW?
Hi,

Unfortunately they still don’t offer it as a retrofit kit, they do offer it as a whole though. I talked to my dealer regarding this issue, they have spoken with Germany and it was decided that they would replace the whole unit with a brand new one that works with factory navigation. This is done because Garmin stopped their support for the App. If you wish they also supply you with on how to re-download the app both for iOS and Android. I would suggest you speak with your dealer first...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 08:29 AM   #11
Darudis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by omera60 View Post
Quote:
Hi,

Unfortunately they still don’t offer it as a retrofit kit, they do offer it as a whole though. I talked to my dealer regarding this issue, they have spoken with Germany and it was decided that they would replace the whole unit with a brand new one that works with factory navigation. This is done because Garmin stopped their support for the App. If you wish they also supply you with on how to re-download the app both for iOS and Android. I would suggest you speak with your dealer first...
Do you know what head unit you have? Here is how you can find it out https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...cic-nbt-nbtevo. Did bmw fitted HUS for you, because I did it my self so I don't think they going to offer replacement to me (I did contacted BMW waiting for reply from them) and I never had a garmin hud app on this phone so I don't think it's possible to install it now (no reply from HUS support team 4 days now) hopefully I'll get it sorted
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 12:35 PM   #12
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Do you know what head unit you have? Here is how you can find it out https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...cic-nbt-nbtevo. Did bmw fitted HUS for you, because I did it my self so I don't think they going to offer replacement to me (I did contacted BMW waiting for reply from them) and I never had a garmin hud app on this phone so I don't think it's possible to install it now (no reply from HUS support team 4 days now) hopefully I'll get it sorted
I have NBT EVO. Yes my service fitted the part. I’m not sure on the replacement. Did you find the part number yourself and then ordered with that number or did your BMW service find the part number? If they did, you can claim that they made a mistake and ordered the wrong part, then you have the chance to change it as it was their fault. I’m sure HUS support will reply to you, it might take up to a week sometimes. You can install the app if you have previously downloaded it from your account. It doesn’t matter if it was on this phone or another one...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #13
blongiye
Canada
Rep

So now that there’s no app support for the HUD screen with part number 62302361627, what is BMW doing to help support their customers? I got mine from a BMW dealership a little over 2 years ago (25 months) and had it installed by another BMW dealership. It’s currently out of the 2 year standard parts warranty.
Appreciate 0