THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Order arriving but have not negotiated price?

04-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #45
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjosh View Post
I agree. I think $1,000 off MSRP is not good as well.

I'm currently exchanging emails now with the dealer and I requested 49,500 (not including tax). That should be near 1k above invoice give or take..

I'll definitely take this as a learning for future orders.

Thanks
$1000 off MSRP is not good enough. They're trying to hold it over your head that it's here and you can take it now. I recommend waiting and custom ordering from somewhere else after you have negotiated in advance. With TAXES INCLUDED, you should be around the $52-53k mark for a decent to good deal. I got below invoice on my car, but I have a 228i xdrive, not an m235i. I also live on the east coast where deals on these cars are apparently more common. If the dealer refuses to budge from 1k under MSRP, walk and order from somewhere else. I understand it's a business and they need to make money, but we all know that the dealers make money from other things besides the final sale price (manufacturer kickbacks, warranty repair work, etc). NOT A GOOD ENOUGH DEAL. STAY VIGILANT AND KEEP US UPDATED
port install accessories have even lower invoice prices, it varies from 20-35% off msrp, which parts did you get?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #46
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjk View Post
Max 1k over invoice. Socal there's lkke 10 dealers within an hours drive.

Even 1k over is too high, IMO.

And there's no "special premium" for ordering it built. Maybe they get end of year incentives for what they have on the lot, but don't let yourself rationalize for them.

You can have an order built from anywhere including the east coast. A sale for your dealer is a sale.
Quote:
Btw it is possible that your CA's hands are tied, but I doubt it for an M235.

Mine wouldn't give me more than 1,000 off msrp for an F80, but was willing to do 500 above invoice for an F30 (several thousand below msrp. Just what the owner was willing to allow the sales manager with their allotments.
You're telling him to go for $1k over invoice, but you yourself couldn't get anything more than $1k off msrp on a F80. On top of that, the best you could do is $500 over invoice on a F30, which is their bread and butter.

Apples and oranges. F30's are mass produced, F20's and F80's, not so much.

Everyone here is trying to one up each other on their sale price, but truth is we don't know what everyone's drive out price is. Maybe you got a deal on the vehicle, but you got ripped off on your trade or you purchased some warranty packages that made up the differences.

For every member here that thinks they got a deal, there's 10x the people who paid near msrp for their Bmw.

Don't get me wrong OP, go for the best deal attainable. Just don't get caught up in trying to out do what everyone here claims they got. Different markets, different situations, different deals.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #47
Rus.K
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW ZCP M3

100% This ^
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #48
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

99.999999999% This ^
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #49
Mjosh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma
Quote:
Max 1k over invoice. Socal there's lkke 10 dealers within an hours drive.

Even 1k over is too high, IMO.

And there's no "special premium" for ordering it built. Maybe they get end of year incentives for what they have on the lot, but don't let yourself rationalize for them.

You can have an order built from anywhere including the east coast. A sale for your dealer is a sale.
Quote:
Btw it is possible that your CA's hands are tied, but I doubt it for an M235.

Mine wouldn't give me more than 1,000 off msrp for an F80, but was willing to do 500 above invoice for an F30 (several thousand below msrp. Just what the owner was willing to allow the sales manager with their allotments.
You're telling him to go for $1k over invoice, but you yourself couldn't get anything more than $1k off msrp on a F80. On top of that, the best you could do is $500 over invoice on a F30, which is their bread and butter.

Apples and oranges. F30's are mass produced, F20's and F80's, not so much.

Everyone here is trying to one up each other on their sale price, but truth is we don't know what everyone's drive out price is. Maybe you got a deal on the vehicle, but you got ripped off on your trade or you purchased some warranty packages that made up the differences.

For every member here that thinks they got a deal, there's 10x the people who paid near msrp for their Bmw.

Don't get me wrong OP, go for the best deal attainable. Just don't get caught up in trying to out do what everyone here claims they got. Different markets, different situations, different deals.
Great info! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #50
Mjosh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant601
Quote:
I agree. I think $1,000 off MSRP is not good as well.

I'm currently exchanging emails now with the dealer and I requested 49,500 (not including tax). That should be near 1k above invoice give or take..

I'll definitely take this as a learning for future orders.

Thanks
$1000 off MSRP is not good enough. They're trying to hold it over your head that it's here and you can take it now. I recommend waiting and custom ordering from somewhere else after you have negotiated in advance. With TAXES INCLUDED, you should be around the $52-53k mark for a decent to good deal. I got below invoice on my car, but I have a 228i xdrive, not an m235i. I also live on the east coast where deals on these cars are apparently more common. If the dealer refuses to budge from 1k under MSRP, walk and order from somewhere else. I understand it's a business and they need to make money, but we all know that the dealers make money from other things besides the final sale price (manufacturer kickbacks, warranty repair work, etc). NOT A GOOD ENOUGH DEAL. STAY VIGILANT AND KEEP US UPDATED
port install accessories have even lower invoice prices, it varies from 20-35% off msrp, which parts did you get?
Only got MPE w/Diffuser and blk kidney grills
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #51
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Only got MPE w/Diffuser and blk kidney grills
MPE w/Diffuser, i would say invoice is about 75% of MSRP

blk kidney grills: MSRP, $230, invoice $155
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #52
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Are MP parts negotiable when port installed?
      04-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #53
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Are MP parts negotiable when port installed?
US MSRP *.93 = US Invoice

This applies to base cost of car and options.

But for port installed accessories, for the invoice price vs MSRP, the invoice price is a lot lower than 93% of MSRP:

I was just trying to show a more accurate calculation of invoice price when port installed accessories are factored into build:

For example:

US Port Installed Prices:
Blk Kidney Grilles, MSRP 230, INVOICE 155
CF Alcantara Interior Trim, MSRP 1105, INVOICE 790
CF Selector Lever (Auto), MSRP 260, INVOICE 180
CF Break Handle, MSRP 240, INVOICE 180
Carbon Center Console Cover, MSRP 245, INVOICE 175
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #54
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

thanks for the lesson. Typically options are actually 91% of MSRP, with base price being around the 92% mark, though that is sometimes slightly more or less. These are different for MP parts.

I did euro delivery, so I was not able to purchase MP parts. While I know there is a large difference between cost of MP parts and their suggested retail price, I wasn't aware that you could negotiate the price on a port installed accessory.
      04-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #55
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks for the lesson. Typically options are actually 91% of MSRP, with base price being around the 92% mark, though that is sometimes slightly more or less. These are different for MP parts.

I did euro delivery, so I was not able to purchase MP parts. While I know there is a large difference between cost of MP parts and their suggested retail price, I wasn't aware that you could negotiate the price on a port installed accessory.
Yes. A more accurate and detailed invoice price is:

92% of Base, rounded to nearest 5 dollars. plus
91% of options, rounded to nearest 5 dollars. plus
$950 destination,
plus MACO Fee & plus Training fee, roughly say $500

So usually 93% is a good ballpark calculation.

Well regarding negotiating price on port installed accessory, based on what I know, these port installed parts are added into the total MSRP build of the car and the invoice price is lower for these parts, you can negotiate the total selling price like they were options added into the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #56
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

because of the much lower invoice price for m perf accessories, a dealer offered me about $4k off MSRP, due more than $2k worth of m perf accessories
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #57
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So then it's hard to say what the final outlay was... When I ordered my car, my dealer gave me each item in the order with a price tag associated with it. These were all marked as invoice price with a final price of invoice + dealer profit. You were working down from MSRP, but nonetheless good data to have when negotiating, but it seems to leave the question a bit vaguely answered - yes you get a discount, but how much seems to be up to the dealer.
      04-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #58
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
So then it's hard to say what the final outlay was... When I ordered my car, my dealer gave me each item in the order with a price tag associated with it. These were all marked as invoice price with a final price of invoice + dealer profit. You were working down from MSRP, but nonetheless good data to have when negotiating, but it seems to leave the question a bit vaguely answered - yes you get a discount, but how much seems to be up to the dealer.
well i actually had a breakdown on each option and m perf part, the invoice and the msrp price on each
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #59
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

But it seems you didn't negotiate UP from invoice price unless I missed something. It sounds like the MP parts gave you more room to work down the price, rather than the dealer simply adding his profit to the invoice price of everything.
      04-10-2015, 05:56 PM   #60
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But it seems you didn't negotiate UP from invoice price unless I missed something. It sounds like the MP parts gave you more room to work down the price, rather than the dealer simply adding his profit to the invoice price of everything.
i didn't buy from that dealer, even though the price the dealer offered was about invoice plus $700, it was an order than another customer canceled. I rather order a car that had exactly the options i wanted rather than save a few hundred bucks not the color and options i wanted
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #61
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
but the dealer did show the exact breakdown on invoice and msrp on each of the car options, PIA m perf parts etc etc, so i had a real invoice price
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 08:20 PM   #62
Mjosh
Private First Class
Rep

Hi again everyone!

I wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU for everyone that replied to this thread!! I finally took delivery of my M235 Friday night. Everyone's input really helped me negotiate a deal I was comfortable with paying.

I know that I did not get the best deal as others had but I was able to get the vehicle $2,250 below MSRP and I felt it was a fair deal to me. If it wasn't for all the help in the forums I'm sure I would of done a lot worse on my own (Haven't purchased a vehicle for 7 years..)

Thanks again everyone!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #63
Rus.K
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW ZCP M3

Congrats on the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #64
Mjosh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus.K View Post
Congrats on the new ride!
Thank you!! Now time to learn how to use the functions...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 06:47 AM   #65
2yo
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 228i xDrive

CONGRATS

Enjoy it. If you're happy, then it was a good deal in my opinion. Enjoy it and I am positive it will be worth every penny.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #66
WhollySmokes
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6MT

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Congratulations!
Appreciate 0