THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Pickup and first impressions

03-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #23
davefromfla
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440ix

Can't believe this! Mine was delivered to Brunswick last Thursday, not yesterday. Because I had the MPE, diffuser, and grills port installed, it won't be here until tomorrow in Winter Park, FL.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #24
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX767 View Post
Attachment 1172911

Say hello to my leeetle friend!! Mine showed up. Wife is bouncing off the walls.
Very nice, I like !!!

Congrats dude !

03-13-2015, 05:06 PM   #25
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elincali View Post
You know you the overwhelming number of people are supportive/sympathetic/empathic of your plight. (Not to mention appreciative of all the support and advice you've given.) It's reassuring to hear that someone else at your dealership stepped up and did the right thing.

I could go on about the nerve of someone telling you not to post--a post that originated with you, no less--but no point. Now you can bask in the warmth of knowing you'll be behind the wheel in just a few short hours.

Yes, I just called. I almost had a heart attack when the automated system told me my car was at the port awaiting a vessel!! WTH?

Of course my mind went to the worst possible place--a vessel back to Germany because it was totaled at the port?? Of course that's ridiculous but I'm no longer rational. Once I talked to a real person (thanks to "Tess", a very helpful and enthusiastic CSR) she said my car checked into the VPC this morning. They're estimating delivery to the dealer Wednesday 3/18 so I'll have her by next weekend, hopefully.

I 'jacked the hubby's X3 (gave up my car last weekend), so at least I'm in comfort until the new car arrives--though I haven't told him yet it's going to be one more week.

Almost there!
The X3 is not a bad "loaner" car to have

Congrats on making it to the VPC ! You should get it just in time for the weekend (which, I know from today's experience, is AWESOME) ... I'm guessing you'll get it on Fri ... this car really gives TGIF a whole new meaning

So, it looks like PHX767 and I have some photographing duties today

BTW, your original estimate of me getting my car on Fri the 13th was spot on !!! Having to wait the whole weekend would have KILLED me !
      03-13-2015, 05:16 PM   #26
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

elincali: While I was at the dealership waiting to sign papers, I had a look around ... and found something(s) that might be right up your alley

Can you spot them in these pictures ?
Attached Images

03-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #27
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

"Hey (InlineSix), this is (sales manager) over at (dealership). I've got great news. Your car is ready. (distorted by a flood of positive emotions, something like the following) Porter will drive your VW back home for you. And (name) will go over the car with you. When can you be here ?"
      03-13-2015, 05:35 PM   #28
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
When can you be here ?"
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2015, 08:09 PM   #29
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135-dmc View Post
Can't believe this! Mine was delivered to Brunswick last Thursday, not yesterday. Because I had the MPE, diffuser, and grills port installed, it won't be here until tomorrow in Winter Park, FL.
You were probably on the Oregon Highway with us!

They should let you guys peel off the pasties from the new cars with sexy music playing in the background.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #30
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Oh my God, guys. This car is FUN FUN FUN

First impressions:
- Size of car ... PERFECT ! Like others have said, fits like a custom-tailored suit. Sounds cliche, but it really is true !
- Great visibility all around ... when changing lanes, easy to see out.
- Amazing steering response (when parking, it's like you're turning a wheel on one of those toy cars toddlers ride ... effortless). On the freeway, you gotta be careful not to turn the wheel too much.
- Throttle response (I've only tried Comfort mode so far, not changed it to Sport) is interesting ... don't want to misrepresent it, so I will hold my comment till I've had a chance to really review it.
- Brake feel is not as bad as YouTube reviewers say it is ... feels fine to me. I was concerned about this, but so far so good
- Very good quality of materials in interior (esp. steering wheel) ... very aesthetically pleasing
- iDrive is fairly easy to use (given I'm a software engineer)
- Harmon Kardon audio is sufficient but a bit disappointing even compared to my VW 400 watt Fender ... it will do, honestly. Again, not as bad as often portrayed, and I'm a hardcore audiophile who makes some electronic music, so I do pay attention to sound, and I think it's decent.
- NOTE: Due to relatively low ground clearance (i.e. sits low to the ground) or the low seat position (or both ?), you might have to adjust your side mirrors up a bit higher than normal for optimal visibility and safety. Depends on what car you're coming to this from. My VW sedan was a fair bit higher up

Summary - every maneuver you perform in this car will awaken your senses ... this is what driving should feel like ! It is so responsive and agile ... pure driving pleasure.

More pics here (sorry, can't attach here because resolution exceeds 2Addicts individual file upload constraints):

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/bm...20pickup%20day

Later (likely Sunday), I will put all pics up (and more high res pics) in the pics n videos forum.

Now, I gotta pack my clothes, figure out how to work the nav, and pilot this thing to OC for the wedding !

Have a great weekend, guys ! Will sign in from OC tonight (if hotel has wifi ... not sure).

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-13-2015 at 08:35 PM..
Appreciate 2
      03-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #31
Supernaut
Little Deuce Coupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Oh my God, guys. This car is FUN FUN FUN

More pics here (sorry, can't attach here because resolution exceeds 2Addicts individual file upload constraints):

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/bm...20pickup%20day

Later (likely Sunday), I will put all pics up (and more high res pics) in the pics n videos forum.

Now, I gotta pack my clothes, figure out how to work the nav, and pilot this thing to OC for the wedding !

Have a great weekend, guys ! Will sign in from OC tonight (if hotel has wifi ... not sure).
Look who got the sexiest date for the wedding!
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2015, 09:06 PM   #32
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
YES!!!!!!!!
Haha! I love the countdown!
So happy you're finally rolling! That means I'm getting closer to rolling!
Yup, you must be passing Mehico right now ? Acapulco ?
      03-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #33
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Yup, you must be passing Mehico right now ? Acapulco ?
Just north of Acapulco near Tecpan. 345,600 seconds away from Hueneme.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2015, 11:24 PM   #34
PHX767
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235i

I'm speechless about my wife's car. It is bad ass. BMW at it's finest. Fast little bitch.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2015, 02:57 AM   #35
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Wow, what a car this is. I got to OC a short while ago, and boy what a fun little trip it was.

I love iDrive and I love all the neat little features this car has - things the navigation system does, for instance. Radio/media options with HK audio are awesome too ! Kept me thoroughly entertained.

I did get to test the lane departure feature It's like (what I imagine) a stick shaker device on Boeing aircraft with control columns (PHX767 can comment further) which vibrates to warn pilots of imminent stalls. And the lane dep is pretty accurate ! As I neared OC, it started going off every 5 mins, vibrating the wheel, because I was departing my lane every few mins It works well ! I'm impressed.

Speed limit info (also a Drivers assist + feature) does not work all that well consistently. Shows wrong speed limit in some zones.

Ok, boys, I know what you're thinking - stop blabbering about all the interior tech features and focus on the performance. Well, fellas, this was more or less a highway cruise, not a canyon run So, ... I haven't even crossed 3k rpm yet.

Interior looks AWESOME at night ... every bit of it ... iDrive, instrument cluster, tiny lights on the doors ! Even better at night than in the day. Ambient lighting (228 + Premium or std. on M235i) is great ! I'll try to take pics one of these days. It lights up the door handles (outside), and a few places in the interior and is very soothing and welcoming ! You feel like a celebrity being welcomed into your car. And, I'm pretty close to Hollywood, so that helps

Plus, I'm trying to get acquainted with the steering response. On highways, I'm still not 100% familiar with its behavior.

Coming from that intoxicating new car smell to this ghetto cigarette smoky Motel 6 room is an anti-climax to the night !

Alright, that's it for now. I'm entirely pleased ... what a wonderful product !

Vielen dank, Bayerische Motoren Werke !

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-14-2015 at 03:06 AM..
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2015, 03:35 AM   #36
ABPReader
Deserter
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BM&W

Last edited by ABPReader; 10-14-2015 at 02:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #37
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Look who got the sexiest date for the wedding!
+1
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #38
Xiaoxi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a Miata

Inline6, congratulations on your delivery! Happy to see that you are enjoying it. It should get better and better.

Just my luck, I had to go without my 235 for 3 days earlier this week due to a blown tire. I was given an F30 loaner and couldn't believe difference. I was surprised how badly I missed the 2er immediately. This one is a keeper, for sure!!! I wish you many more (s)miles of happy driving in this car!
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #39
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible

Quote:
elincali: While I was at the dealership waiting to sign papers, I had a look around ... and found something(s) that might be right up your alley

Can you spot them in these pictures ?
One of each, please! Your dealer sells Porsches, too? I think I'd hyperventilate amongst all that beauty.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #40
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible

Quote:
The X3 is not a bad "loaner" car to have

Congrats on making it to the VPC ! You should get it just in time for the weekend (which, I know from today's experience, is AWESOME) ... I'm guessing you'll get it on Fri ... this car really gives TGIF a whole new meaning

So, it looks like PHX767 and I have some photographing duties today

BTW, your original estimate of me getting my car on Fri the 13th was spot on !!! Having to wait the whole weekend would have KILLED me !
I am SO happy for you that you got your car in time to take it down to the wedding. Did you outshine the bride?

Can't wait to see all the pics--hopefully you (and everyone else who got theirs) will keep posting and not forget about poor me, waiting, waiting...

I had a little reality check yesterday afternoon after getting a call that my Dad had taken a bad fall, slamming his head on the concrete on the way down. Because of the head trauma they took him all the way down to Stanford, so I spent the night at the hospital. Nothing like a life-and-death situation to put perspective on my obsession with this car. He seems to be okay but looks like someone beat him with a bat and threw him out of a moving car.

So it's actually better that it didn't make it up here for the weekend.

He was so sweet--there he is, bruised and battered, eye swollen shut, hooked up to all these machines and he's asking me about the car and when I'll get it. Like father, like daughter!

Last edited by ellincali; 03-14-2015 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #41
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
I had a little reality check yesterday afternoon after getting a call that my Dad had taken a bad fall, slamming his head on the concrete on the way down. Because of the head trauma they took him all the way down to Stanford, so I spend the night at the hospital. Nothing like a life-and-death situation to put perspective on my obsession with this car. He seems to be okay but looks like someone beat him with a bat and threw him out of a moving car.

So it's actually better that it didn't make it up here for the weekend.

He was so sweet--there he is, bruised and battered, eye swollen shut, hooked up to all these machines and he's asking me about the car and when I'll get it. Like father, like daughter!
So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he gets better soon. Hope you'll have car in time to drive him back from the hospital in it.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2015, 03:34 AM   #42
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_00 View Post
The car looks really good with this colour !
How many miles did the car have ? I saw 10 on a picture but I don't know if you drove it before ^^
Hey, thanks ! Yes, I'm very happy with my color choices ... all 3 of them ! Black leather interior does get smoking hot, esp. on 95+ deg F days like today in OC !!! But, I don't think that's going to stop me from getting Black, every ... single ... time. And the wood trim is awesome to say the least. Looks SO much better in the flesh than in pics.

Correct, 10 miles when handed over to me by dealer. I was pleased with the guy who filled up my tank, checked my tire PSIs and went over the features with me ... he was quite knowledgeable (more than most) and helpful ... genuinely nice guy. Full tank of 91 Octane gas (I asked).
      03-15-2015, 03:36 AM   #43
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi View Post
Inline6, congratulations on your delivery! Happy to see that you are enjoying it. It should get better and better.

Just my luck, I had to go without my 235 for 3 days earlier this week due to a blown tire. I was given an F30 loaner and couldn't believe difference. I was surprised how badly I missed the 2er immediately. This one is a keeper, for sure!!! I wish you many more (s)miles of happy driving in this car!
Thanks bud ! I am so pleased with my decision to get this car ... life changing, in fact.

Sucks about your tire. How ? Did you go over nails or glass ?

Same here - this one's a keeper ! None of my cars (ever) have made it past 3 years ... this will likely be the first.

Wish you the same - miles of smiles
      03-15-2015, 03:38 AM   #44
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
One of each, please! Your dealer sells Porsches, too? I think I'd hyperventilate amongst all that beauty.
Hehe

Yeah, SB auto group sells most German luxury brands. BMW is their biggest volume seller, acc. to my sales manager, and Land Rover (or Range Rover) is popular among the folks with lots of green.