THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Pay off early, title

04-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Pay off early, title

Why does BMW require you to mail in certified funds with their payoff statement to get your title?

Every company (minus bmw) I've dealt with, once you pay off your vehicle they will mail you the title.

Is it possible that I could've just paid off my vehicle and not have to mail in the form for the title?

On the up and up, I mailed it Friday night and my check has already been deposited today. Check should clear in 2-3 days and they should mail out my title and have it in my hands sometime next week.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
Zooks527
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi / 2005 Tacoma 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post
Why does BMW require you to mail in certified funds with their payoff statement to get your title?
Really? With my 335, I just sent in a bit more than what the system said I owed them, and they sent me the title and a rebate check.

Prior 40 years: 67 BelAir wagon / 68 LeMans Tempest / 70 Mustang Mach 1 / 72 El Dorado / 78 Corvette / 81 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 83 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 85 Bronco 4x4 / 96 Bronco 4x4 / 04 Passat 4mo / 09 BMW 335xi
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
Msmall143
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW S1000RR

mailing a certified check with statment just makes the process quicker. if you would have just mailed a regular check with nothing else the title would have been sent within a couple weeks
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 07:17 AM   #4
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

We are selling our mini countryman (same company as BMW) that was financed through BMW financial services.

We sent them a non-certified payoff check more than one month ago, and we still don't have the title, and in the meantime we lost our buyer who got tired of waiting.

When we first called to get the pay off amount, they wanted to extort fees from us to expedite the process.

We have called them repeatedly, and every time we call we get a different excuse. The last word from them was that they claim they mailed the title to us on Monday. Obviously they are lying to us given that their offices are only about 30 miles from where we live.

We will never used BMW financial services to finance a vehicle again.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 08:17 AM   #5
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post
When we first called to get the pay off amount, they wanted to extort fees from us to expedite the process.

We have called them repeatedly, and every time we call we get a different excuse. The last word from them was that they claim they mailed the title to us on Monday. Obviously they are lying to us given that their offices are only about 30 miles from where we live.
They want $15 to expedite mines too, I guess it's standard operating procedure for them. I haven't received my title either, although they deposited my check and it went through at the beginning of the month.

I actually called them yesterday and they told me the same thing, they mailed it out Monday. I'm sort of doubting they did, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

Every other lender I dealt with, I received the title in a timely manner after the loan was paid off. I don't know what the deal with BMFS is with this excruciating wait. Perhaps they're not happy they aren't able to get more interest profit off of us?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #6
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

They are just saving cost by being understaffed and working the living stuffing out of the few poor schlubs who have to work there.
Appreciate 1