THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos My love and an informal introduction

01-15-2016, 10:49 PM   #23
irondog168
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Convertible

I wonder why the European bumper look better than US version.
There is a small fin that's at the bottom of the opening and US doesn't.
also the bumber fit with the license plat, lol. our plate is too big and always over the bumper shape.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 10:22 PM   #24
Canada-M
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

M235i M-Performance Parts

Hey guys. I was interested in replacing the rear diffuser on my 2015 M235i with the M-Perf diffuser. The local dealer (Toronto, Canada) told me I'd have to get the M exhaust and the exhaust tips with it. Total cost is almost $2,500 CAD. I believe the M-Perf diffuser will fit the existing exhaust. They do not agree. Thoughts? The diffuser itself costs about $700.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 10:31 PM   #25
Canada-M
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Hey, does anyone know if you can get an M-Perf rear diffuser installed on an M235i without the M exhaust and exhaust tips the dealer tries to sell you a a whole package? That's what I have been told, and it does not seem right. The rear diffuser costs about CAD $700 and the whole package costs over $2K!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 02:48 PM   #26
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada-M View Post
Hey, does anyone know if you can get an M-Perf rear diffuser installed on an M235i without the M exhaust and exhaust tips the dealer tries to sell you a a whole package? That's what I have been told, and it does not seem right. The rear diffuser costs about CAD $700 and the whole package costs over $2K!
No, that's bullsheit.
The M Performance rear diffuser does not require the M exhaust or the M exhaust tips.
But you will need to get exhaust tip adapters (from BMW) for your current exhaust system and new tips - but that is relatively inexpensive unless you opt for the BMW carbon fiber tips. There are lots of after market tips including carbon fiber ones at very reasonable prices on eBay.
The total S/B LT $1K Cdn
The link below explains it.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=4462]
      01-26-2016, 01:26 PM   #27
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
UPDATE 26-Jan-2016:
Finally got the carbon parts installed today, looking really nice! Next mod will likely be the F80 M3 M Performance Steering wheel with the blue band (as opposed to the red band for the F22 M Performance Steering Wheel) to match my EBII exterior! Really loving this!

The only downside is that the camera's flash seems to overly accentuate the tiny bits of dirt It looks better in RL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today the carbon/alcantara parts finally arrived and I've already sent an e-mail to my dealer to make an appointment to install them! Unfortunately, I doubt it will be this week seeing as I seem to have caught the flu or some other messed up virus or bacteria. Not feeling to well

Here are some pictures:

Can't wait to have all this installed in my car! Just have to stay in bed for a few more days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondog168 View Post
I wonder why the European bumper look better than US version.
There is a small fin that's at the bottom of the opening and US doesn't.
also the bumber fit with the license plat, lol. our plate is too big and always over the bumper shape.
Yeah, I also find it strange that BMW decided not to put the fins on US model. I think it looks better with the fin.

As for the licence plate, ours roughly has the same dimensions (assuming they aren't the same, which is also a possibility) as the German plates so it fits really well. Same goes for the trunk one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfile View Post
No, that's bullsheit.
The M Performance rear diffuser does not require the M exhaust or the M exhaust tips.
But you will need to get exhaust tip adapters (from BMW) for your current exhaust system and new tips - but that is relatively inexpensive unless you opt for the BMW carbon fiber tips. There are lots of after market tips including carbon fiber ones at very reasonable prices on eBay.
The total S/B LT $1K Cdn
The link below explains it.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=4462]
This is correct. You don't need the whole exhaust set. You can just get the diffuser, adapters and tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw047 View Post
Congrats sir! Welcome and excellent choice in exterior color!
Thank you, sir

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #28
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Well done on the interior trim! Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 08:21 PM   #29
artztt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 EB 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjkoevoets View Post
UPDATE 26-Jan-2016:
Finally got the carbon parts installed today, looking really nice! Next mod will likely be the F80 M3 M Performance Steering wheel with the blue band (as opposed to the red band for the F22 M Performance Steering Wheel) to match my EBII exterior! Really loving this!

The only downside is that the camera's flash seems to overly accentuate the tiny bits of dirt It looks better in RL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today the carbon/alcantara parts finally arrived and I've already sent an e-mail to my dealer to make an appointment to install them! Unfortunately, I doubt it will be this week seeing as I seem to have caught the flu or some other messed up virus or bacteria. Not feeling to well

Here are some pictures:

Can't wait to have all this installed in my car! Just have to stay in bed for a few more days.

Yeah, I also find it strange that BMW decided not to put the fins on US model. I think it looks better with the fin.

As for the licence plate, ours roughly has the same dimensions (assuming they aren't the same, which is also a possibility) as the German plates so it fits really well. Same goes for the trunk one.

This is correct. You don't need the whole exhaust set. You can just get the diffuser, adapters and tips.

Thank you, sir

How hard was it to install the center armrest made out of Alcantara. I've held back due to not knowing how to install. Please share your experience.

Nice ride!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 08:46 PM   #30
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Well done on the interior trim! Looks great!
Thank you! Really happy with it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artztt View Post
How hard was it to install the center armrest made out of Alcantara. I've held back due to not knowing how to install. Please share your experience.

Nice ride!
I wish I could help you, but I actually had my dealer install all the parts. In terms of costs, it wasn't even too bad. I would just ask your dealer to install it, because the official installation time is only 24 minutes (i.e. you won't have to pay top dollar to have it installed). It's one of those parts that noone seems to have a DIY-guide on unfortunately. Sorry!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
Appreciate 0