THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Things I HATE about my 2 series

05-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #287
kevinh211
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I can't figure out how to have the dual climate control temp be controlled with one knob. I keep having to adjust both knobs its so annoying. There must be a sync or lock temp button somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 09:06 AM   #288
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

I still don't have the hvac problem. :/ That's weird.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 09:58 AM   #289
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinh211 View Post
I can't figure out how to have the dual climate control temp be controlled with one knob. I keep having to adjust both knobs its so annoying. There must be a sync or lock temp button somewhere.
In at least the 4 BMW's that I have had over the last 20 years, the temperature controls have been the least-used of all the controls in the car. Set at 69º F and forget about it year in, year out.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #290
Tpeterson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSport/THP/MT/

Quote:
Seems like the point of duel climate control would be to have separate knobs. I doubt there is any syncing method.It wouldn't be duel anymore.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 10:29 AM   #291
MichaelL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i MSport

Quote:
There is no sync button on the 2 series... BMW cheapened out here, there should be and it is included on higher end BMW's and lower end competition by not on the 2 series.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 12:02 PM   #292
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
2 series doesn't support this. That was the first thing I asked the Genius that did my delivery. A bit surprising at first, but......

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
In at least the 4 BMW's that I have had over the last 20 years, the temperature controls have been the least-used of all the controls in the car. Set at 69º F and forget about it year in, year out.
........this lol. I set my to 69* and haven't touched it since. If I need it cooler or hotter I turn the little dial on the dash between the center vents.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 04:04 PM   #293
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

My '11 135i has got it.
      05-04-2016, 03:37 AM   #294
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

No sunglasses holder and my Nexus 6p doesn't fit in cup holder. 2 things I always carry with me and there is nowhere I can put them except passenger seat

I still haven't figured out why my climate control turns ON at start. I rarely use it in my cars
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 07:52 AM   #295
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
No sunglasses holder and my Nexus 6p doesn't fit in cup holder. 2 things I always carry with me and there is nowhere I can put them except passenger seat

I still haven't figured out why my climate control turns ON at start. I rarely use it in my cars
I feel your pain. I have a Nexus 6 as well. I put my sunglasses in the little compartment underneath the headlight switch. If you don't have the driver's assist package it won't be there. If you're not in the US you'll need the storage package as well.

I put my phone either parallel in the cup holder, in the door pocket or in the arm rest. Definitely not ideal. In my last car I would just throw it on the dash by the speedo.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #296
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I feel your pain. I have a Nexus 6 as well. I put my sunglasses in the little compartment underneath the headlight switch. If you don't have the driver's assist package it won't be there. If you're not in the US you'll need the storage package as well.

I put my phone either parallel in the cup holder, in the door pocket or in the arm rest. Definitely not ideal. In my last car I would just throw it on the dash by the speedo.
I had 6 too, it didn't fit anywhere )) 6p fits fine in my S2k and Lexus IS. I do have drivers assist package so there is no storage.

I wonder if one of those Brookstone phone holders work with M235i..the ones that clip in to the air vents
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #297
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k
Quote:

I had 6 too, it didn't fit anywhere )) 6p fits fine in my S2k and Lexus IS. I do have drivers assist package so there is no storage.

I wonder if one of those Brookstone phone holders work with M235i..the ones that clip in to the air vents
My spare galaxy s4 is on the air vent. i run toque on it. I'll try my 6 on it and let you know how it goes.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 07:31 AM   #298
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Kolyan2k I gave the magnetic mount a shot. It'll definitely work, but man it looks huge up there. Portrait would be the best orientation due to the weight.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #299
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Kolyan2k I gave the magnetic mount a shot. It'll definitely work, but man it looks huge up there. Portrait would be the best orientation due to the weight.
I was thinking about this one maybe

http://www.brookstone.com/airframe-portable-phone-mount/849794p.html
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #300
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking about this one maybe

http://www.brookstone.com/airframe-portable-phone-mount/849794p.html
looks legit as well. I like magnetic because I basically just hold the phone up to it and then I'm done. I'd imagine that the clamp style required messing with the mount to secure the phone.

This is the one I have.
Car Mount, Spigen® [Air Vent Magnetic] Car Mount Holder [Quad Neodymium Core] Car Mount Phone Holder for Galaxy S7 S6 Edge Note 5 4 LG G5 G4 iPhone 6 6S SE Plus Nexus 5x 6P More - Black (SGP11583) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0109JIQ0W..._jX3kxb9KB0WYV

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #301
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
looks legit as well. I like magnetic because I basically just hold the phone up to it and then I'm done. I'd imagine that the clamp style required messing with the mount to secure the phone.

This is the one I have.
Car Mount, Spigen® [Air Vent Magnetic] Car Mount Holder [Quad Neodymium Core] Car Mount Phone Holder for Galaxy S7 S6 Edge Note 5 4 LG G5 G4 iPhone 6 6S SE Plus Nexus 5x 6P More - Black (SGP11583) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0109JIQ0W..._jX3kxb9KB0WYV
Would that work with Google live case?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #302
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Would that work with Google live case?
Hmmm, it looks like there's some touch shortcut functionality on the back of that case? That sounds pretty cool. Do you use that? Which part of the case do you touch? I would guess that it might. The metal plate that you insert into the case is pretty thin. Maybe two or three sheets of paper thick. It's metal though, so there's a chance that it can interfere with the touch detection.

Okay, I looked up the functionality of that case and as I suspected you press the middle. If you look at the design of the case on the inside you'll see that the actual transmission of the touch is at the top left corner (when looking at the inside of the case). The metal plate would be behind the middle area, so my only concern would be whether or not it would interfere with or "short out" that sensor. I also just noticed that there's a circular cutout underneath the camera. I'm guessing that this is for finger print detection?

Based on these things I'd say that the magnetic holder is not the way to go. :/

Build thread

Last edited by BentZero; 05-05-2016 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 02:50 PM   #303
kdog26372
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi BSM

Quote:
Just go to Turner and get console storage box for sunglasses. This replaces ashtray, take the cover off and you have this rubber bin. $8, done.
      05-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #304
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm, it looks like there's some touch shortcut functionality on the back of that case? That sounds pretty cool. Do you use that? Which part of the case do you touch? I would guess that it might. The metal plate that you insert into the case is pretty thin. Maybe two or three sheets of paper thick. It's metal though, so there's a chance that it can interfere with the touch detection.

Okay, I looked up the functionality of that case and as I suspected you press the middle. If you look at the design of the case on the inside you'll see that the actual transmission of the touch is at the top left corner (when looking at the inside of the case). The metal plate would be behind the middle area, so my only concern would be whether or not it would interfere with or "short out" that sensor. I also just noticed that there's a circular cutout underneath the camera. I'm guessing that this is for finger print detection?

Based on these things I'd say that the magnetic holder is not the way to go. :/

Not sure if I have defective case but my shortcut button barely works u need to press it really hard to active which makes it useless for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #305
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog26372 View Post
Just go to Turner and get console storage box for sunglasses. This replaces ashtray, take the cover off and you have this rubber bin. $8, done.
Thanks. I will look into that
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #306
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog26372
Quote:
Sadly I use my cup holder to hold my shaker cup. Here's a link for those that are curious. So you pull the whole cup holder out and put this mat in the bottom?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...uine-bmw-part/

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #307
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Sadly I use my cup holder to hold my shaker cup. Here's a link for those that are curious. So you pull the whole cup holder out and put this mat in the bottom?

Yeah I am not sure where that goes. I don't even have an ashtray too. There is that small closed storage behind the power socket, I wonder if that can be changed since it's too small to fit anything there. I am new and away from car now, so maybe I am talking nonsense )))
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #308
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I am not sure where that goes. I don't even have an ashtray too. There is that small closed storage behind the power socket, I wonder if that can be changed since it's too small to fit anything there. I am new and away from car now, so maybe I am talking nonsense )))
Kolyan2k Figured it out. You pull the coin tray and it goes in there to replace it. I'm gonna do it and put my spare phone down there. That way I can run a USB cable to the phone from inside of the arm rest getting rid of the dangling cable that I have now.

Thanks kdog26372
Attached Images

Build thread
Appreciate 0