THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Bluetooth Connection Issue

02-04-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
Glamdring
Rep
Drives: M235i Vert

Bluetooth Connection Issue

Hi all. I'm having a new issue I'm hoping someone else has encountered before and can help me solve.

2015 m235i with tech package
Galaxy Note 5

For a year, the bluetooth has worked fine. In the last few weeks, it receives calls fine. However when I place calls the audio/mic aren't connecting to the car. I can see that the call is being placed on the iDrive screen, but the audio is coming out of the phone.

I can manually click the bluetooth off/on during the call and the audio will work fine via the car speakers/mic for a bit, then it drops back to the phone again.

I've deleted and re-paired the phone, cleared the phone caches, and reset all wireless connections. Before I do a factory reset of phone, any ideas?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
Glamdring
Rep
Drives: M235i Vert

Posting this to help someone else later. I found the issue.

A new fitbit was creating conflicts with the bluetooth connection. Solution was to turn off the "always syncing" option on the fitbit and just sync when needed. Not sure why they made that the default setting.
Appreciate 0