THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Horner in trouble at Red Bull

02-10-2024, 04:20 PM   #133
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

After all the negativity of the past couple of days, here's some positivity: the repeatedly praised Hannah Schmitz explaining her job as strategist at Red Bull Racing (recorded during the Azerbaijan 2022 race weekend following the Monaco 2022 race weekend):
"Q: Did you encounter any challenges along the way
HS: Yeah I think, because it's quite a male-dominated environment there's definitely challenges that come from that which I've like, well, hopefully I've overcome everything now. But, yeah, I would say I've never had any like particularly bad experiences but I think there's a lot of people that maybe don't have the confidence in you to do a job. As a strategist you've got to tell people what to do and they've got to listen to you. And so it's building up that trust and I think, unfortunately as a woman, that was harder. But now I'm there, I've got the respect and everything and I hope that other young women who want to get into the sport will see that you can do it and we'll embrace it and we'll see more diversity."
As she almost clocked 15 years at RBR, it could be worthwile for the powers that be at Red Bull HQ and their counsel to also hear her opinion on how Christian Horner operates as a team boss.

07:16 - 08:01:

02-11-2024, 09:09 AM   #134
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
After all the negativity of the past couple of days, here's some positivity: the repeatedly praised Hannah Schmitz explaining her job as strategist at Red Bull Racing (recorded during the Azerbaijan 2022 race weekend following the Monaco 2022 race weekend):
"Q: Did you encounter any challenges along the way
HS: Yeah I think, because it's quite a male-dominated environment there's definitely challenges that come from that which I've like, well, hopefully I've overcome everything now. But, yeah, I would say I've never had any like particularly bad experiences but I think there's a lot of people that maybe don't have the confidence in you to do a job. As a strategist you've got to tell people what to do and they've got to listen to you. And so it's building up that trust and I think, unfortunately as a woman, that was harder. But now I'm there, I've got the respect and everything and I hope that other young women who want to get into the sport will see that you can do it and we'll embrace it and we'll see more diversity."
As she almost clocked 15 years at RBR, it could be worthwile for the powers that be at Red Bull HQ and their counsel to also hear her opinion on how Christian Horner operates as a team boss.

07:16 - 08:01:

This should 'clear' Horner.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2024, 09:44 AM   #135
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
In his time of need, it's interesting that no employee from RBR has come forward publicly to defend Horner. Either RBR has put the clamps on its employees making comments...or they don't have his back...or they're in fear for their own position if things blow up.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 11:06 AM   #136
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
In his time of need, it's interesting that no employee from RBR has come forward publicly to defend Horner. Either RBR has put the clamps on its employees making comments...or they don't have his back...or they're in fear for their own position if things blow up.
3798j, imagine for a moment that right now you were an RBR employee who is not in charge of the internal investigation (no full access to the investigation) + RBR gave you no instructions whether you are allowed to publicly communicate on the Horner matter:
  • if you'd got some fact or opinion about that could be deemed relevant for the investigation: wouldn't you either reach out internally to those in charge of the investigation to inform them or keep that info for yourself, rather than making some public statement (social media, press) ?
  • imagine for a moment that right now you were Christian Horner or the employee who filed the Horner complaint: wouldn't you condider it appropriate that other employees refrain from publicly commenting on the matter, at least for the time being (ongoing investigation) ?
      02-11-2024, 11:25 AM   #137
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
I'm thinking the silence shows that more than a few employees were (or have become) aware of who's involved in the complaint and the silence is an indication of support for that individual. After all, even the people who sit with him on the pit wall haven't come to his aid.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 01:10 PM   #138
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
I'm thinking the silence shows that more than a few employees were (or have become) aware of who's involved in the complaint and the silence is an indication of support for that individual. After all, even the people who sit with him on the pit wall haven't come to his aid.
FWIW, the Dutch journalist who leaked the scoop (Erik van Haren) said that, based on what he has heard from different sources, the matter is taken "super serious" by Red Bull HQ and "has been going on for quite some time". But he decided, after consulting with his management (Dutch newspaper) and legal counsel, not to publish the peculiars of what he has heard as allegations. So it all remains vague for the time being.

Press reported the Horner meeting with the external counsel (barrister appointed by Red Bull HQ) last Friday lasted about 8 hours.
      02-11-2024, 02:18 PM   #139
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
FWIW, the Dutch journalist who leaked the scoop (Erik van Haren) said that, based on what he has heard from different sources, the matter is taken "super serious" by Red Bull HQ and "has been going on for quite some time". But he decided, after consulting with his management (Dutch newspaper) and legal counsel, not to publish the peculiars of what he has heard as allegations. So it all remains vague for the time being.

Press reported the Horner meeting with the external counsel (barrister appointed by Red Bull HQ) last Friday lasted about 8 hours.
There is no hard proof and it is just a case of "He said vs She said"

The whole siuation is actually like a F1 soap . Horner will be fine .
Case closed...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60840.50
dfox700.50
DrFerry6730.00
      02-11-2024, 03:01 PM   #140
atopa2002
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3M, 2013 e92 M3, F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

Case closed...
CH will not last , someone wants him out .
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 03:02 PM   #141
atopa2002
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its too early , F1 is a whole gossip soup
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2024, 04:16 PM   #142
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atopa2002 View Post
CH will not last , someone wants him out .
She has her trade union lawyers to back her up vs Horner and Red Bull . So , her severance pay will therefore be 10 times higher than it should be .

The more the drama queen weeps with her made up depression , the more money she gets (and she knows that)!
In court they call that money tears. Red Bull will pay her, and fire her with pleasure..

We'll see Horner back as usual ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60840.50
DrFerry6730.00
      02-11-2024, 04:23 PM   #143
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
We'll see Horner back as usual ...
But what will the masses gossip about next? How about Max is a alien from another planet.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2024, 04:35 PM   #144
Artemis
Rep

Quote:

Case closed...
No, that's mere speculation. Red Bull HQ is in the course of fact-finding and hearing respective points of view. Subsequently they will take a decision.

"F1 boss Christian Horner grilled for eight hours in crunch meeting over ‘controlling behaviour’ allegations"
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25844...r-allegations/

According to an F1 source: "Christian has been in there, and having his chat which has been ongoing for many hours. We are hoping for a swift resolution to this but that may be unlikely. This is not a trial and we are not going to have an answer and an outcome by the end of the day. This is not something that is going to be rectified that quickly. But Christian has not been sacked or asked to resign and he is not going to resign. We are in an investigation and we have to respect the integrity of the investigation, which means letting it run its course."

Even if Horner would be cleared (which remains to be seen), it's a reality-check for him that his work environment can be a snake pit instead of one happy family.

More speculation: maybe someday Horner's famous last words at Red Bull Racing could be: "Et tu, Helmut ?"
      02-11-2024, 04:39 PM   #145
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
But what will the masses gossip about next? How about Max is a alien from another planet.
The whole situation will be lost in time . Just like the Wolff/Suzie pillow talk .

I don't believe in Aliens . But Alien/s from Ridley Scott was great to watch .

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60840.50
DrFerry6730.00
      02-11-2024, 05:11 PM   #146
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
No, that's mere speculation. Red Bull HQ is in the course of fact-finding and hearing respective points of view. Subsequently they will take a decision.

"F1 boss Christian Horner grilled for eight hours in crunch meeting over ‘controlling behaviour’ allegations"
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25844...r-allegations/

According to an F1 source: "Christian has been in there, and having his chat which has been ongoing for many hours. We are hoping for a swift resolution to this but that may be unlikely. This is not a trial and we are not going to have an answer and an outcome by the end of the day. This is not something that is going to be rectified that quickly. But Christian has not been sacked or asked to resign and he is not going to resign. We are in an investigation and we have to respect the integrity of the investigation, which means letting it run its course."

Even if Horner would be cleared (which remains to be seen), it's a reality-check for him that his work environment can be a snake pit instead of one happy family.

More speculation: maybe someday Horner's famous last words at Red Bull Racing could be: "Et tu, Helmut ?"
It wasn't 'something like this ...So , Horner will be fine
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60840.50
DrFerry6730.00
      02-11-2024, 05:24 PM   #147
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The whole situation will be lost in time . Just like the Wolff/Suzie pillow talk .

I don't believe in Aliens . But Alien/s from Ridley Scott was great to watch .
It's probably advisable for Horner to wear a body camera for his own security in view of what this has been blown into.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2024, 07:13 PM   #148
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Name:  Mute.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  123.1 KB
      02-12-2024, 02:57 AM   #149
Sneaky Pete
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M car

Quote:

Woman in male dominated sport knows what she has to say to keep her job.

I suspect Horner will keep his job for a short while but retire early "to spend more time with his family"
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 05:27 AM   #150
M5Rick
General
Rep

^ Everyone has to leave their jobs eventually and having £40M in bank I wouldn't give it another thought, but why would he leave because of this if he has done nothing wrong and what if the complainant is telling a pack of lies.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 09:39 AM   #151
atopa2002
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
^ Everyone has to leave their jobs eventually and having £40M in bank I wouldn't give it another thought, but why would he leave because of this if he has done nothing wrong and what if the complainant is telling a pack of lies.
If he does not leave, others will, his close environs will be toxic. You never know who will tell on who.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 11:10 AM   #152
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

The producers for Netflix are shaking in their boots...

First Gunther, and now maybe Horner? Those were the two principals they could get decent interviews with.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 11:39 AM   #153
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Never seen so many victims of click bait in one place other than Twitter/X.
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2024, 12:55 PM   #154
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

According to mr. F1 Gossip on YT, there are now rumours that everyone hates CH. So Max, Marko and Newey
I guess this week when the new RB car is presented and whether or not CH is present will give a good indication on how serious this situation really is.

Remember the situation around Ben Sulayem 2 months ago? He was there at the Gala as if nothing happened.

Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60840.50