THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Pictures of my modded M235i and M3

07-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #23
JBird..
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Let's hear that muffler delete on the M3!
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #24
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Great cars!

I miss the S65 in my E90 M3 soooo much, but high revving RWD just doesn't work for my driving needs where I live. Looking forward to getting my M235i xdrive in early August!
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #25
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranckF1 View Post
What a garage ! It must be hard to choose every morning !

The VMR wheels are just perfect on your car.
Thank you very much! I couldn't be any more happy with the wheels!

The M235i is my wife's DD. I either drive my M3, or more often the truck that is featured in the background of a few of the pictures. I manage/own/do repairs on rental property for a living so unfortunately the truck is what I usually have to drive. That's not to say I don't drive the other cars, though. Since march I have put 8000 miles on the M3 and another 3000 on the M235i, and most of those miles are just fun miles with nowhere to go. Any free time I have is spent driving and enjoying the cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczeffer View Post
Let's hear that muffler delete on the M3!
Here are a few videos I uploaded to YouTube a few weeks back. You can see I have a massive following so please be patient when viewing my videos as it may crash the server. Just kidding of course, but please do ignore the title of the revving video. I put the words "hot blonde" in the title to see if more people would view it. So far I am not sure it has helped lol! Anyway, it's just my wife revving the car for me (which I had to beg her to do) in a parking garage in Gatlinburg. Neither are great representations of how it sounds, but they are all I have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Great cars!

I miss the S65 in my E90 M3 soooo much, but high revving RWD just doesn't work for my driving needs where I live. Looking forward to getting my M235i xdrive in early August!
Thank you! The S65 is a fantastic engine. I believe anyone that can should experience it as well as the S85 (I previously had a V10 M6) as these two engines are IMO entry level exotic. The power delivery, feel, and other characteristics are found in very few cars that are not Italian, and apparently high revving NA engines such as these are becoming day by day even more rare.

I do understand, and also agree with your sentiments regarding the M235i being a better DD. It really does a great job of being a comfortable cruiser, and then with the push of the button it becomes a wild beast! I am truly blown away by how fun this little car is, and I am very thankful that BMW made a car like this that is still relatively affordable as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #26
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Well guys, the bad luck with this car getting damaged has continued. Friday the wife parked the car in the garage, but didn't get it all the way in. She ended up closing the garage door 100% onto the RW Carbon Fiber spoiler, but surprisingly it did absolutely no damage to the spoiler at all. It actually broke the bond of the 3m tape to the trunk on the passenger side end to about the middle of the trunk, so I went ahead and removed the rest of the way so that it doesn't fly off while driving. Huge to RW Carbon for making a product that can withstand that kind of abuse! Really surprised at how strong that thing is, and look forward to getting it back on as it really makes the dull rear end of the M235i look much, much better!

Then the next day (this saturday) she actually got rear ended at a dead stop from a guy in a truck going approximately 40 MPH. Thankfully she is ok other than some back pain, but the car is pretty messed up. We will go to the doctor tomorrow as her pain level has been increasing throughout the day, but it is not very severe thus far. I'll post a picture below of the damage done to our car as well as the truck that hit her. Once again huge to BMW for engineering a car that is as safe as it is fun to drive!

I posted a separate thread if anyone wants to see more pictures and details of the accident.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1152347
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 12:20 AM   #27
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Previous: F22 M235i ; F80 M3 ;

Damn, sorry to hear, I had been looking forward to more pictures and then I see this...sucks. However, good to hear that no one was hurt.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2015, 04:47 AM   #28
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 (G80,Euro)

Oh no
The important thing is that your wife is fine. I hope the pain will decrease soon.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2015, 02:14 PM   #29
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hey guys wanted to updated this thread with a few pictures of the new mods now that the car has been repaired. I have added the M-performance exhaust with ///M etched chrome tips, M-performance diffuser painted alpine white and shadow line gloss black, and have also debadged the car.

The M-performance exhaust I will say is somewhat of a comprimise for me as I like a louder exhaust, but this is the wife's car so she would not put up with anything that is noticably louder than stock which this is not in comfort mode with the windows up. In sport mode under throttle it sounds fantastic and lets off a nice, less than subtle roar. It also makes the "burps" during upshifts louder. My favorite part is the crackles that it makes during down shifts or when you let off throttle.

I will say that I am much more happy with the exhaust than I thought I would be. It is not just a louder version of the stock sport exhaust. While it does add to some of the qualities I loved from the stock exhuast such as the crackle noise, it actually changes the tone completely of the car on start up or under load. It is now more of a higher pitch sound and slightly more exotic, multidimensional sound. This exhaust is really a great choice for anyone who wants a fantastic sounding car with absolutely no drone and no bad or off sounds anywhere in the rev range while still enjoying stock like comfort while cruising.

As for the M-performance diffuser I think that it is a great addition to the car. The rear of the 2 series is IMO the least attractive angle of the car. The stock diffuser is very large and is painted in grey which does not match the rest of the car. This piece helps to clean up the rear adding a bit more dimension and also makes it more sporty. The combination of this diffuser painted in matching alpine white and gloss black to match the front grill and window trim, the chrome exhaust tips, and the carbon fiber spoiler make the rear end look 100% better IMO. The debadge also looks much cleaner, however I am still a bit on the fence on this mod. This is the first debadge I have done (I do have the black IND M3 badge on that car that is barely visable) so I am going back and fourth on it, but as of now I am leaning towards keeping it!

Now for the pictures! First a few from todays bath after our long trip to Hilton Head Island followed by a few I took while on our vacation. I will say that IMO the pictures do no justice to how good this car looks in person. I really want to find the time to get a friend to take some more professional shots than I am able to do with my Galaxy.

Edit: Also wanted to add a big thanks for my friendUKBasketball for helping me reattach the CF spoiler after my wife didn't pull all the way into the garage and closed the door on the trunk of the car breaking the spoiler off!

Last edited by Db750; 09-20-2015 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 2
      09-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #30
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Looks much better. Congrats.

Do you have wheel spacers?
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #31
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharo1 View Post
Looks much better. Congrats.

Do you have wheel spacers?
Thank you!

No spacers on these wheels, and they sit as perfect as possible with regards to the fenders IMO. Thanks to VMRWheels for the help with the specs.

I would love to drop the car a bit, but that is just not possible with the wife's driving habits lol!

Just realized I didn't post the full wheels specs with offset in the OP so here it is:

Front: V710 18x8.5 ET35 5x120 72.6 Hyper Silver
Rear: V710 18x9.5 ET45 5x120 72.6 Hyper Silver
Tires: 225/40/18 | 245/35/18 Continental Sport Contact 5
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 10:48 PM   #32
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep

Perfect flush with the wheel set up! ?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 10:19 PM   #33
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

Car looks great!

Did your performance spoiler come pre-prepped with the 3m adhesive tape ready for install? How easy was install?

On my old 135i the performance spoiler was never fully applied on the edges and it drove me insane
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 11:48 PM   #34
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Glad you got everything all fixed up! Keep the updates coming!
      10-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #35
trill m235i
Banned
Rep
Drives: M235i

Glad you're safe from the accident. At least the car looks even more awesome from behind now hahahahahaha. Were you ever thinking of upgrading your M3 to an F-Chassis M to match generations with your F22?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 10:25 PM   #36
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

congrats and I have to say great M3 as well!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #37
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 (G80,Euro)

Perfect like this !
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #38
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharo1 View Post
Perfect flush with the wheel set up! ?
I would say with what bmw gave us to work with it is a good as it gets for simply a set of wheels mounted with no other modifications. To be perfect imo you would need a drop and maybe just the slightest camber adjustment, but the drop would solve 99% imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
Car looks great!

Did your performance spoiler come pre-prepped with the 3m adhesive tape ready for install? How easy was install?

On my old 135i the performance spoiler was never fully applied on the edges and it drove me insane
I bought this spoiler from RW Carbon along with the mirror caps. Very happy with both considering the much cheaper price over the OEM. Also very good service/communication with RW.

The spoiler did not have tape on it, so I picked up a roll of 3m double sided auto tape at my nearest autozone. I simply applied the tape to both inner and outer edge of the spoiler in one long strip per side. I then peeled off just 1/2 inch of the tape backing on front and back of spoiler and placed that corner on the trunk where I wanted it. From there having one person hold it in place I pulled the backing off the tape with the spoiler sitting on the trunk. This way you could adjust slightly for any imperfections.

Hopefully that makes sense as this method suggested by UKBasketball makes it a very simple job. After doing it twice now I could easily do it in less than ten minutes not including prep time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Glad you got everything all fixed up! Keep the updates coming!
Thank you, Mitch! Still loving my VMR Wheels! They beautiful hypersilver finish really makes them pop and stand out on the car. The finish is so much better than the OEM finish on my M3 Competition Package wheels which is more flat and boring. Wish they were the same hypersilver color as my VMR's!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trill m235i View Post
Glad you're safe from the accident. At least the car looks even more awesome from behind now hahahahahaha. Were you ever thinking of upgrading your M3 to an F-Chassis M to match generations with your F22?
I actually got the M3 last march on a lease takeover after coming very close to getting an F8x. For me the e92 was just a more special car, and one I wanted to experience for a longer time, so I am basically paying the same amount on my e92 lease as many are paying for their f8x. I have absolutely no regrets with that decision, and the e92 m3 is actually my favorite car I have ever owned, and probably my favorite I have ever driven (This is over many many amg, ///M, RS, and 997/991 models). It is just such a tremendous value even fully loaded to be able to have an exotic powertrain in the S65 and ///M DCT.

Now, once my lease is over on my e92 most likely I will move on to the f8x as I love the car and think it is the probably the best looking coupe bmw has ever made! The only thing I am really unhappy with, like many others, is the damn sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert@velosdesignwerks View Post
congrats and I have to say great M3 as well!
Thank you, Albert! I really appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranckF1 View Post
Perfect like this !
Thank you, Franck! I appreciate the compliment!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #39
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hey guys, wanted to give (possibly a final) update on the car! I have decided to put the car up for lease assumption! This is an excellent opportunity for someone to get into a shorter term M235i lease at a fantastic price! The car is almost fully loaded (no drivers assistance 2) and all of the mods are included for free! Please check out my listing and let me know if you have any questions!

Here is the car up for transfer:

GoPro video of exhaust:

Cell phone video:

And here is the thread:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1211483

Thank you guys for everything!
Appreciate 0