THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Orders/Allocations

03-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #397
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbby View Post
I'm basically sitting on my hands trying not to call the SA every day. The Cdn phone line can't give much info and I keep getting error when I did the vin search.

Just wished I knew about the black grills and the non run flats when I negotiated.
Black grills are a dealer-installed part, so you're paying extra anyway. No deadline on the M Perf stuff.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2017, 11:20 PM   #398
Gabbykat
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 230ix

I entered the vin again but on a different website and my car started production Feb 27. It also says "tyres with run flat properties" so since run flats cost more anyways, would I be able to get the dealership to switch to non run flats without having to pay more? I am sure I said I wanted non run flats but that was noted down. Which ones are good? I have 230i X drive. Thanks!

Also the parts dept quoted me a price for the black grills and said it would take about an hour (even though all the YouTube videos showed it didn't take Long). He did mention the sales guy may be able to omit the labour.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #399
winter.zed
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Boxster 718/982

Quote:
I entered the vin again but on a different website
What websites did you use to check VIN?
I ordered grills from one of the board sponsors jbspeed.com but since my build is delayed by at least 2 months, I'm just looking at the box yet
Grills look like they are good quality.
Install seems to be super-easy and straight-forward, from the youtube videos.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #400
Gabbykat
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter.zed View Post
What websites did you use to check VIN?
I ordered grills from one of the board sponsors jbspeed.com but since my build is delayed by at least 2 months, I'm just looking at the box yet
Grills look like they are good quality.
Install seems to be super-easy and straight-forward, from the youtube videos.
I used www.etkbmw.com. That one worked.

The one that kept showing error was from a thread.
Someone was able to buy the grills from the dealer at a discount so I'm hoping to get a discount as well. Ordering online from the US is cheaper and easier.

Is jpspeed based in Canada? Or ship from Canada?

Last edited by Gabbykat; 03-12-2017 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Add question
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #401
winter.zed
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Is jpspeed based in Canada? Or ship from Canada?
No. They are in Taiwan, I believe. They shipped regular parcel that I picked-up at CanadaPost. No brokerage fees.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 12:59 AM   #402
Gabbykat
Private
Canada
Rep

Car delayed

It was supposed to get here this week and found out it may be another two weeks. Since we shook hands a few months ago, I have been disappointed with the post sale service. The SA has been a bit dismissive.

This is worrisome because I have 4 years of maintenance/relationship with this dealership, albeit another department but still.

I am tempted to go elsewhere and just walk out with a stock vehicle...and not care about the Colours.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #403
winter.zed
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It was supposed to get here this week and found out it may be another two weeks. Since we shook hands a few months ago, I have been disappointed with the post sale service. The SA has been a bit dismissive.

This is worrisome because I have 4 years of maintenance/relationship with this dealership, albeit another department but still.

I am tempted to go elsewhere and just walk out with a stock vehicle...and not care about the Colours.
It's strange that it takes that long to get there. Even to the west coast. But hey - technically it's still winter here (just snowed 15 cm North of Toronto today) - so weather may be a factor.

Dealer can really do (almost) nothing after the car hits the "transportation channels" (ship, train, truck).

Patience is a virtue - in these situations.
I ordered mine on December 29, and it was only built yesterday (completed).
it's one of those delayed convertibles - due to the supplier fire...

It was supposed to be here this week. It would've really sucked in 15 cm of snow with the Pilot SuperSports summer tires. I'm actually lucky - I guess
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #404
Gabbykat
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter.zed View Post
It's strange that it takes that long to get there. Even to the west coast. But hey - technically it's still winter here (just snowed 15 cm North of Toronto today) - so weather may be a factor.

Dealer can really do (almost) nothing after the car hits the "transportation channels" (ship, train, truck).

Patience is a virtue - in these situations.
I ordered mine on December 29, and it was only built yesterday (completed).
it's one of those delayed convertibles - due to the supplier fire...

It was supposed to be here this week. It would've really sucked in 15 cm of snow with the Pilot SuperSports summer tires. I'm actually lucky - I guess
I dropped by the dealership and the manager helped me out. He gave it to me straight that it would most likely be May 1 st. He said they actually send it out to get detailed so no swirls. I will let them know that the expel film guy will charge me hourly to get the swirls out...I will also check when I pick up. Unfortunately they are Low on loaner cars so he can give me a car for two weeks which is fine as I had anticipated one week delay. I just don't want to be out of pocket for a rental.

The convertibles factory had a fire so that cannot be helped. I was told the car was in queue for Feb 15, not Feb 27. That made the difference.

My stress level is back to normal now.

Good luck with your car!
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #405
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The convertibles factory had a fire so that cannot be helped. I was told the car was in queue for Feb 15, not Feb 27. That made the difference.

My stress level is back to normal now.

Good luck with your car!
Still on track?

Finally picking up my Dec order tomorrow. It arrived late last week, extra MPerf bits and paint protection applied this week.

Not too long until May, Gabbby

FWIW, I've been driving on my summer tires in the STI since Apr 1st with no issue. It has been at the lower range for the rubber compound, but no problems with the rain and standing water. Not expecting problems with the 2er xdrive, despite Subaru AWD > all other AWD.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 09:32 PM   #406
Gabbykat
Private
Canada
Rep

Back on track

In fact, I called my SA who checked the system and my car will be here April 21st! He scheduled me in for April 22 nd. I'm now scrambling to get an appointment for Xpel installed. Full front, rockers, luggage and maybe splurge for doors as well.

Anyone getting tire insurance? My SA actually suggested I invest in tire insurance and not bother with the film since I don't live in Alberta and rarely drive on highways....but it takes that one road trip to get blasted, right?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #407
Gabbykat
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Still on track?

Finally picking up my Dec order tomorrow. It arrived late last week, extra MPerf bits and paint protection applied this week.

Not too long until May, Gabbby

FWIW, I've been driving on my summer tires in the STI since Apr 1st with no issue. It has been at the lower range for the rubber compound, but no problems with the rain and standing water. Not expecting problems with the 2er xdrive, despite Subaru AWD > all other AWD.
Yay!

Oh btw, the parts department quoted me 2 different prices for the black grills with the second price increasing by $20 in one month to $138 each. I mentioned that and the guy said he would give them to me for $95 each and free install. Wondering if they will try and get rid of them in case the 2018 front end is different.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 11:21 PM   #408
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
In fact, I called my SA who checked the system and my car will be here April 21st! He scheduled me in for April 22 nd. I'm now scrambling to get an appointment for Xpel installed. Full front, rockers, luggage and maybe splurge for doors as well.

Anyone getting tire insurance? My SA actually suggested I invest in tire insurance and not bother with the film since I don't live in Alberta and rarely drive on highways....but it takes that one road trip to get blasted, right?
Thinking about tire insurance. It was recommended to me as well.

That said, I've had more damage to my windshield in the lower mainland in 1.5 years than twice that drive in AB. Yes, more gravel there, and the point about highway driving applies... however, the 1 is highway. High speed, big vehicles, stuff goes flying.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 12:11 AM   #409
Gabbykat
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Thinking about tire insurance. It was recommended to me as well.

That said, I've had more damage to my windshield in the lower mainland in 1.5 years than twice that drive in AB. Yes, more gravel there, and the point about highway driving applies... however, the 1 is highway. High speed, big vehicles, stuff goes flying.
Can you post whether you got the tire insurance and whether the price was negotiable? I was quoted $1500 for 4 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 11:20 PM   #410
luvmyone
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240 RWD 6 speed

Finally

Dealer called and advised the car had arrived!!!
What a long 3 months of borrowing cars that entire time...
Wow I owe my friends big time....
My RWD M240 Coral on Glacier Silver with all the boxes ticked..
I truly feel like a kid....
Only car guys would understand.
Can't wait for Monday.
      04-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #411
Sypher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 228i xdrive

Congrats! We all know how bad the wait is! It'll be worth it the moment you start the engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 05:06 PM   #412
Gabbykat
Private
Canada
Rep

Delayed once more

Supposed to be ready for pick up yesterday but rail delayed to next week.

At least I got to try out a couple of loaner cars and can say I am happy I got the rear view camera.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #413
samej
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F22 M240i xDrive MG

Car's finally on a Hansen truck after sitting in Halifax for 2 weeks!
2007 335i Premium
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 05:12 PM   #414
Gabbykat
Private
Canada
Rep

Picked up today, no add ons but did replacement insurance. Had to drop her off right away to get the clear bra install so we will have to get to know each other tomorrow!

I still have time to consider the extra year or two maintenance and tire insurance. Not sure if the extra year or two is worth it because a lot of things aren't covered. Did anyone go for extended warranty/maintenance? Are those the same things?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 01:57 AM   #415
luvmyone
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyone View Post
Dealer called and advised the car had arrived!!!
What a long 3 months of borrowing cars that entire time...
Wow I owe my friends big time....
My RWD M240 Coral on Glacier Silver with all the boxes ticked..
I truly feel like a kid....
Only car guys would understand.
Can't wait for Monday.
Hey guy's
Just a heads up that my car came delivered with the ferric grey 461 's which M 240's are now standard on the post April 1 delivered cars...I was a little disappointed....but otherwise it's been fantastic!!!
      04-30-2017, 02:52 AM   #416
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Hey guy's
Just a heads up that my car came delivered with the ferric grey 461 's which M 240's are now standard on the post April 1 delivered cars...I was a little disappointed....but otherwise it's been fantastic!!!
It sounds as though that was the option selected by your SA when your order was placed, there are still 3 no-cost wheel options that all can be selected in the build:
2TR - 18" 436M with all-season runflat tyres
21L - 18" 461M (Ferric Grey) with non-runflat performance tyres
2PG - 18" 436M with runflat performance tyres.

Your quote will list the wheel option you selected when ordering the car, either 2TR, 21L or 2PG, which you should compare with the options on the bill of sale to confirm it was delivered as ordered.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 03:30 AM   #417
luvmyone
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
It sounds as though that was the option selected by your SA when your order was placed, there are still 3 no-cost wheel options that all can be selected in the build:
2TR - 18" 436M with all-season runflat tyres
21L - 18" 461M (Ferric Grey) with non-runflat performance tyres
2PG - 18" 436M with runflat performance tyres.

Your quote will list the wheel option you selected when ordering the car, either 2TR, 21L or 2PG, which you should compare with the options on the bill of sale to confirm it was delivered as ordered.
You Sir know more than my SA...that clears it all up for me!
Cheers
      05-13-2017, 11:10 PM   #418
Amiliaus
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW m240i

Quote:
Hey guy's
I had the same disappointment actually but the opposite way. I ordered my 240ix with the 461m wheels specifically because I did not want the runflats and I liked the design better. It arrived End of March with the 436m and runflats. I was not a happy camper.

I would gladly trade.
Appreciate 0