THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Cooling System Upgrade [Question]

06-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #23
RafaVargas
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleb View Post
At 18psi on an E35 mix I ran into the drivetrain error also, fuel pressure to low. It was the HPFP not Being able supply enough fuel, it happened like clockwork in 5th gear at 5000rpm.

I had to lower my E mix to between e25-e30 to keep the HPFP happy, anything above that would cause the same issues.

If this is your problem then there's a few solutions:

1. Lower your E mix
2. Install meth (guys seem to be able to run the same or if not more Ethanol using it)
3. Throttle body injection may also be a solution.
Your description fits almost perfectly to my experience.

E25 mix only gives me this error when pulling for a very long time in 8th gear.

E34 mix gives me this error almost in the same case you described.

So I'm probably looking at a HPFP limitation then?

I'm ordering soon a Intercooler, and probably Pure Stage 2 also. This means I have to go with the meth kit and maybe a TBI to handle the stage 2?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #24
Daleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaVargas View Post
Your description fits almost perfectly to my experience.

E25 mix only gives me this error when pulling for a very long time in 8th gear.

E34 mix gives me this error almost in the same case you described.

So I'm probably looking at a HPFP limitation then?

I'm ordering soon a Intercooler, and probably Pure Stage 2 also. This means I have to go with the meth kit and maybe a TBI to handle the stage 2?
Yes most likely HPFP but it could be the LPFP, however we cannot monitor that via jb4 just now.

With a meth kit you won't have any issues on stock turbo. I need to do some more 5th gear testing on E25 to be sure my issue is resolved, if not I may look into meth also.

With stage 2 turbo you will hit 16/17psi on pump fuel and around 22psi (this differs from car to car) with a small E mix and meth. You will need the stage 2 LPFP upgrade if going TBI, a member is looking to test the TBI on a m135i soon so results on that will be interesting to see.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #25
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleb View Post
At 18psi on an E35 mix I ran into the drivetrain error also, fuel pressure to low. It was the HPFP not Being able supply enough fuel, it happened like clockwork in 5th gear at 5000rpm.

I had to lower my E mix to between e25-e30 to keep the HPFP happy, anything above that would cause the same issues.

If this is your problem then there's a few solutions:

1. Lower your E mix
2. Install meth (guys seem to be able to run the same or if not more Ethanol using it)
3. Throttle body injection may also be a solution.
Go with the meth!!, cant stress what a better car it is, plus there are really not that many downsides. I run 50/50, cools intake temps, cleans the combustion and exhaust and adds tons and tons of torque. The only time I ever got a drive train error was on track when I ran out of meth.
Appreciate 0