THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Dinan CF CAI install

06-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #23
s1uma1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Awesome. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #24
stroids88
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Black ///M3

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #25
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroids88
Awesome....thx for the review so far. 2 tenths in 0-60 is significant IMO. How is the smoothness of the power delivery and shifts? As good as stock? Better? I have the stage 1 and the power delivery is smooth and shifts are better than before. Getting stage 2 (w/intake) very soon.

On another note...I don't have Nav (smaller iDrive screen) and didn't pay for "BMW Apps"....so I'm assuming I won't be able to use the BMW timer function? Haven't tried it yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #26
stroids88
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroids88
Awesome....thx for the review so far. 2 tenths in 0-60 is significant IMO. How is the smoothness of the power delivery and shifts? As good as stock? Better? I have the stage 1 and the power delivery is smooth and shifts are better than before. Getting stage 2 (w/intake) very soon.

On another note...I don't have Nav (smaller iDrive screen) and didn't pay for "BMW Apps"....so I'm assuming I won't be able to use the BMW timer function? Haven't tried it yet.
Yes 2/10 is awesome. It is a lot of gain for the small expense of the stage 2 comparatively, in my opinion as well. The car drives better than stock it's definitely quicker although I don't have all the Numbers yet. The sound of the exhaust on acceleration and deceleration as well as the sound of the intake is a vast improvement. I like the way the car sounds feels and drives. It's been very crowded and the weather has been off hey bit so it has been difficult to get the amount of runs in that I would like to do. June 19 I have the drags so I will be able to develop a lot more data at that point. I have had a few incidents where the vehicle hiccuped between first and second gear with wide-open throttle but I'm not at all able to say that it is an issue with the tune at this point. So far it is really very smooth and aggressive in all modes. It is great and throws you back in your seat.

Regarding the lap timer, if you do not have the tech package I do not believe lap timer will function the way I use it in my car. But I am not positive although I'm pretty sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #27
G-Mann
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroids88 View Post
No, once LapTimer is up on your I drive and you're ready to do a 0 to 60 run make sure you hit record prior to coming to a complete stop then you can do your 0 to 60. If you have come to a complete stop start rolling slightly hit record and then come to a complete stop and you're ready to go.
Nice results heck of a trap speed increase. Did you use launch control?

2022 M4 Comp X
2021 M440ix - Sold
2015 M235 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #28
stroids88
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann
Quote:
No, once LapTimer is up on your I drive and you're ready to do a 0 to 60 run make sure you hit record prior to coming to a complete stop then you can do your 0 to 60. If you have come to a complete stop start rolling slightly hit record and then come to a complete stop and you're ready to go.
Nice results heck of a trap speed increase. Did you use launch control?
No I do not often use launch control. It may be my driving style or whatever but I find there is a noticeable lag or delay when using launch control versus just taking off in first gear. But, I am still very much in the learning curve.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #29
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

Hopefully we get so additional dyno data soon. Without me scrolling back through this thread ... do we have any baseline numbers pre stage 2 and CAI fitment ? I really want to see the numbers.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #30
stroids88
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74
Hopefully we get so additional dyno data soon. Without me scrolling back through this thread ... do we have any baseline numbers pre stage 2 and CAI fitment ? I really want to see the numbers.
Unfortunately no Dyno numbers on this vehicle yet at all. I kind of went at this thing without a plan figuring I would leave it stock. And that just didn't happen. The only numbers I've got to work with is a graph and chart I've created with my drag times and my lap timer 0 - 60s. So very limited and basic. I did just run a 3.8 seconds 0 to 60 but I'm not really buying it so I'll try again later tonight. 8.082 1/8 mi and 4.2 0 - 60 Stage 1.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 06:32 PM   #31
s1uma1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Unfortunately no Dyno numbers on this vehicle yet at all. I kind of went at this thing without a plan figuring I would leave it stock. And that just didn't happen. The only numbers I've got to work with is a graph and chart I've created with my drag times and my lap timer 0 - 60s. So very limited and basic. I did just run a 3.8 seconds 0 to 60 but I'm not really buying it so I'll try again later tonight. 8.082 1/8 mi and 4.2 0 - 60 Stage 1.
I did a before and after stage 2 dyno but it's garbage. Loss 10lbft torque compared to stock, but my stock torque read 370ftlb... Which i seriously doubt... Hp went from 280 -> 330... Not sure what went wrong with dyno ... But kinda don't care at this point
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #32
stroids88
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So, I've been trying to upload a video or two showing the sound of the intake and engine without success. .mov is an invalid file type for the forum.

Anyway, I've had a few days to shakedown the car and have done multiple LapTimer runs as well as some highway and mountain passes, in all modes and speeds/rpm.

The Stage 2 from Dinan and the CAI has improved the performance of my M235xi.

LapTimer 0-60 has pretty consistantly been 4.0 to 4.2 so I have bested my best time prior to Stage 2 by at least 2/10 seconds. I have had a couple passes sub 4 second but not enough to say the car can pull this at will.

All in all pretty good to hit a 4 second 0-60mph with a 235.

The hiccup noticed on a few occasions between 1st and 2nd gear at WOT has not been a consistent occurrence and I'll be on the lookout for it and will address if I feel it's a regular occurrence.

If I had to do it again I would spend the money for Stage 2 download and CAI. I know there are more aggressive tunes out there but for now, I'm stoked.

I'll be lowering the car in the next week or so by 1" with H&R Sport Springs and then will work on dialing in the suspension and understeer for hopefully a better showing at AutoX or the Track. Drag races on June 19.

Also I'm looking into an OBD2 module to stream info to a tablet or phone in the car so I can gain more data for future mods.

These cars rock!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #33
J-Sud
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

This is Awesome! I wonder what a RWD 235 will do?

Quote:
So, I've been trying to upload a video or two showing the sound of the intake and engine without success. .mov is an invalid file type for the forum.

Anyway, I've had a few days to shakedown the car and have done multiple LapTimer runs as well as some highway and mountain passes, in all modes and speeds/rpm.

LapTimer 0-60 has pretty consistantly been 4.0 to 4.2 so I have bested my best time prior to Stage 2 by at least 2/10 seconds. I have had a couple passes sub 4 second but not enough to say the car can pull this at will.

The hiccup noticed on a few occasions between 1st and 2nd gear at WOT has not been a consistent occurrence and I'll be on the lookout for it and will address if I feel it's a regular occurrence.

If I had to do it again I would spend the money for Stage 2 download and CAI. I know there are more aggressive tunes out there but for now, I'm stoked.

I'll be lowering the car in the next week or so by 1" with H&R Sport Springs and then will work on dialing in the suspension and understeer for hopefully a better showing at AutoX or the Track. Drag races on June 19.

Also I'm looking into an OBD2 module to stream info to a tablet or phone in the car so I can gain more data for future mods.

These cars rock!
      06-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #34
stroids88
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sud
This is Awesome! I wonder what a RWD 235 will do?

Quote:

These cars rock!
My son has a RWD. He hasn't yet done CAI or St2. I'll see soon though. If you can reduce wheel spin at launch maybe a tic quicker with the reduced weight. But the AWD really launches well.

It has occurred to me today, I did a mod between S1 and S2. I added MPE. So the gains I'm experiencing include that as well.

Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #35
isthar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xDrive

Quote:
My son has a RWD. He hasn't yet done CAI or St2. I'll see soon though. If you can reduce wheel spin at launch maybe a tic quicker with the reduced weight. But the AWD really launches well.

It has occurred to me today, I did a mod between S1 and S2. I added MPE. So the gains I'm experiencing include that as well.

Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

Recall that all literature indicates that the AWD will post faster 0-60 than a RWD...