THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Leith BMW

12-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #89
tnk210
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
My black kidney grilles arrived today. Aren't they MPerformance parts? Still hoping the spoiler makes it.
Yea, I don't get how some have still gotten M performance items. My order is still pending, but I'm expecting the cancellation. No big deal honestly.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #90
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post
Here's my take on this. Yes, a mistake was made, but most times in life you have to live with your mistakes. I think most, if not all of us, ordered in good faith. I had no idea that it was supposed to be Lifestyles items only when I ordered. Was it a great deal? Yes, but that weekend there were great deals all over the place. Their discount code was accepted and I checked the box agreeing to their terms. They put the charges through on my credit card. They should honor the orders.

It would be fine except that if they honored all orders then they would have to honor all the M3/M4 folks who purchased the $4000 MPE half price at a 1200 dollar loss each. And believe me they all jumped at that deal.

You don't run a business by selling items at huge losses to folks from out of town who would never purchase from them again.

If I were them. I would fulfill all local orders and cancel the rest. Mistakes happen. You don't bend over backwards for folks who would have never bought from you and will never buy from you again. We drive BMWs. I think we will survive not getting these orders fulfilled.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #91
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnk210 View Post
Yea, I don't get how some have still gotten M performance items. My order is still pending, but I'm expecting the cancellation. No big deal honestly.
The next odd thing is that Marty said to me the spoilers would be part of the discount sale?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #92
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235guy View Post
Kind of how I felt too. I didn't think it was only for lifestyle stuff. Otherwise I wouldn't have ordered
I for one was shopping around and saw this deal. It was better then the 35% I had elsewhere. It was so good, that I called to confirm. I called in case it was an error, as I didn't want to miss out on the 35% I had. I was told that this deal was real.

With the money I saved on the Diff, and the other parts I had budgeted to buy, I extended the list of things I was getting. If they pull the deal after the fact, I will need them to match the deal I lost or I'm out hard cash.

So in this case, I'm was not capricious in the purchase nor am I being unrealistic/unsympathetic in my expectation after the fact.

edit - I wasn't one of the ones who thought they "found a mistake and got one over on the dealer." We've seen the notes on the M3/M4 MPE and the loss it would be to the dealer. There were people who ordered multiple of those to sell for profit later.

Last edited by tke743; 12-05-2014 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 12:05 AM   #93
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Valencia Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke743 View Post
I for one was shopping around and saw this deal. It was better then the 35% I had elsewhere. It was so good, that I called to confirm. I called in case it was an error, as I didn't want to miss out on the 35% I had. I was told that this deal was real.

With the money I saved on the Diff, and the other parts I had budgeted to buy, I extended the list of things I was getting. If they pull the deal after the fact, I will need them to match the deal I lost or I'm out hard cash.

So in this case, I'm was not capricious in the purchase nor am I being unrealistic/unsympathetic in my expectation after the fact.

edit - I wasn't one of the ones who thought they "found a mistake and got one over on the dealer." We've seen the notes on the M3/M4 MPE and the loss it would be to the dealer. There were people who ordered multiple of those to sell for profit later.
Like I said, most of us acted in good faith, didn't know there was a mistake made, and ordered parts just for ourselves for our own cars. I wasn't trying to "put one over on the dealer" and I'm sure most people here weren't either. A good faith purchase transaction deserves a good faith response from the seller, not just canceling the orders without explanation like they never happened. And, yes, Sportstick, black kidneys are performance items, not Lifestyle.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #94
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

All my pending charges disappeared today. I will e-mail John and inquire about my 2 confirmations that the parts were ordered and will be advised when shipped. So based on this thread and all the feedback it seems different people contacted them directly and got different answers from on order, bear with us, order overload, does not qualify, etc. That is not good....which one of those was the correct answer? If it was not a authorized sale/deal why would they have not communicated that right away instead of leading people on. I even called at 10:15 in the morning and discussed shipping with John and at not time did he inform of this.
I understand mistakes but sumpin smells funny....just say'n
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #95
smitty16s
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 and X3

Well my credit charges were cancelled with no email. Anyone know a good place to get these parts I ordered? I still want them.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #96
akuan99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M-Sport Track 6MT

If you got order acceptance confirmation email like the one below.
Your order has been received and accepted.

Dealer Comments: The item(s) are on order. You will be notified when your order has shipped.

Then your order will be fullfilled.
My CC pending charge dissapeared but it was charged again once order was shipped.
I was going to cancel everything but once I saw all pending CC charges were gone I didn't bother to call.
The one that got accepted was not a big order so I was ok with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #97
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuan99 View Post
If you got order acceptance confirmation email like the one below.

Dealer Comments: The item(s) are on order. You will be notified when your order has shipped.

Then your order will be fullfilled.
My CC pending charge dissapeared but it was charged again once order was shipped.
I was going to cancel everything but once I saw all pending CC charges were gone I didn't bother to call.
The one that got accepted was not a big order so I was ok with it.
Ya that is what I got for two of the 5 orders....

Dear Eric xxxxxxx,

Thank you for shopping at Leith BMW.

Order Summary:
Transaction Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

================================================== =================================
Billing Information:
Eric xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shipping Information:
Eric xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
================================================== =================================

Order Information
BMW Front Splitter
Part#: 51192343367
Quantity: 1
SubTotal: $300.00
Tax: $20.25
Estimated Shipping Fee: N/A
=========================================
Total: $320.25

Your contact at Leith BMW is
John Bailey
Phone: (919) 876-5444 Ext. 220 Fax: (919) 878-6753
boutique@leithbmw.com

Sincerely,
Leith BMW
5603 Capital Blvd Raleigh, NC 27616-2933
www.leithbmw.com
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #98
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

I think that those of us that acted in good faith will be taken care of if we are willing to be patient. Give them a call and explain the situation and as long as we are not talking about exhaust, wheels, LSD I'm pretty sure they will honor the sale for you. I"m still holding out hope on my performance diffuser.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #99
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

But I ordered diffuser, splitter, grills, exhaust & tips.
I am being patience....have not even contacted him since the morning of or sent any e-mails inquiring. I think that is super patient. I just would like to know if something is or is not going to happen or should I source the parts else ware....I wanted to install them over the holiday break
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #100
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
But I ordered diffuser, splitter, grills, exhaust & tips.
I am being patience....have not even contacted him since the morning of or sent any e-mails inquiring. I think that is super patient. I just would like to know if something is or is not going to happen or should I source the parts else ware....I wanted to install them over the holiday break
If I were you I would try to get the grills and one other part for the sale price and call it a day. I think the more that you try to get, the more patient you will have to be. My car is in the shop for another couple weeks so I'm just hoping to get my order before it is done. They are really sticking to their guns on the whole idea that m parts were not supposed to be on the sale even though we all know there was a mistake somewhere. I plan on calling monday to get a better idea of when they will ship my order. I think if you havn't received any info from them other than cancelling the order, you should try to get in touch with them.

RETIRED:
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #101
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep

I got confirmation of supposedly the order accepted and put in on the splitter and exhaust. The others I only got a confirmation that the order was received....not put in. Problem is the pending charges went away and so did my hopes....
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #102
RDKing2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2004 M3

I emailed about my orders, one for a diffuser and spoiler and one for tips and adapters. The tips and adapters was approved and heard nothing about the other order (except for confirmation) which was made first. Explained that if the diffuser and spoiler was to be cancelled I would like the tips and adapters cancelled as well. I received an email that both my orders are now cancelled and thanks for understanding. Whatever happened, total mistake, new person not anticipating how much the sale would be taken advantage of, etc, it does not matter to me. It is just car parts and do not really need them. If forgoing the mistake makes someones life easier i am ok with it. Will purchase another time or maybe different parts.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #103
tnk210
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Any new updates from anyone? I've still yet to hear from them.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #104
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

I got an email saying my floor matts are ready to ship. I went ahead and cancelled the diffuser and lip because I was told they will not be honored but was put on a list that if somehow BMWNA decides to honor the prices I will still be eligible.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #105
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnk210 View Post
Any new updates from anyone? I've still yet to hear from them.
Not a big deal, but a "lifestyle item" keycase arrived today. The PayPal charge for my spoiler has not been canceled from "Pending" status.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #106
abirmaher
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Just called to check my status of my order which said on order and basically turns out they are canceling all M perf parts orders. The offer was supposed be the lifestyle accessories only. So if you have not been canceled yet its probably a matter of time.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #107
M235guy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirmaher
Just called to check my status of my order which said on order and basically turns out they are canceling all M perf parts orders. The offer was supposed be the lifestyle accessories only. So if you have not been canceled yet its probably a matter of time.
Yep just called and canceled my order
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #108
akuan99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M-Sport Track 6MT

I received my M performance shift knob and M tire valve caps today.
My diffuser and PE was cancelled but I have not heard from my third order which were mostly lifestyle accessories
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #109
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDKing2 View Post
I emailed about my orders, one for a diffuser and spoiler and one for tips and adapters. The tips and adapters was approved and heard nothing about the other order (except for confirmation) which was made first. Explained that if the diffuser and spoiler was to be cancelled I would like the tips and adapters cancelled as well. I received an email that both my orders are now cancelled and thanks for understanding. Whatever happened, total mistake, new person not anticipating how much the sale would be taken advantage of, etc, it does not matter to me. It is just car parts and do not really need them. If forgoing the mistake makes someones life easier i am ok with it. Will purchase another time or maybe different parts.
This is pretty much exactly what happened with me except that they went ahead and sent the adapter kit after I requested that it be cancelled if my other order would not be honored. I was told that they would honor the price on the difuser when they could order the part. I figured it was fair to give them a week to recover from this, so I sent an email this morning to see what the status of the order will be. I will let you know when I hear from them, while I don't understand the different responses, I think these guys are trying to fix the situation as much as possible without selling parts at a loss. I just hope it can happen some time soon.

RETIRED:
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #110
smitty16s
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 and X3

I was told today they could give me 25-30% off of the stuff I ordered after I said I would cancel the lsd. I was told he would send me a quote today, and I never got a call or email back.
Appreciate 0