THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Review of BM3/Enzo Tune And Fabspeed Muffler Bypass

10-24-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Cool Review of BM3/Enzo Tune And Fabspeed Muffler Bypass

Hi everyone,

EDIT: Unfortunately, I can no longer recommend Enzo for tuning. Great guy and tune wasn't bad at all except minor issue that's being worked on. But for me, his customer service after purchasing the tune was not there and most likely due to him being extremely busy. In any case I'm moving on.

For BM3 this is more of a convenience option for the future with all its bells and whistles and plays no part in my custom tune at the moment other then being able to flash it back. The biggest selling point for me was the ability to flash my DME on the fly with ease when I will need to, like I said in the future, IE stock flash or different tunes for dyno logging. I have dabbled with the Data logging via my laptop just to see but right now logging with my JB4 app is just as good since I don't own the BM3 wifi agent yet (wifi is a must when using BM3, but dose have limited features in offline mode). BTW I can also use my Jb4 maps in conjunction with flash tune with better fueling (ie. Map 1 or 2 with some E85)!

Fabspeed Muffler Bypass: I Got my stock muffler cut off and Fabspeeds Y Pipe clamped on. This mod is not for everyone but if you do not daily this car and want a very aggressive exhaust this sounds amazing ESPECIALLY paired with Enzos GTS burble map which I have as well. Went to a euro car meet and it was very well received from many of my car friends. Sound is insane. I'm very happy. I was able to get the y pipe off forum member for a deal. Install was 110. A custom y pipe will probably cost 300-400 bucks at a muffler shop.

Okay so here's some videos of the exhaust, enjoy even know its so much better in person!

https://youtu.be/VnWE0uLuC4Q

https://youtu.be/89SY475o4Aw

Last edited by SerenVoX; 11-26-2017 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Enzo Tuning- Change of heart
Appreciate 3
FSociety3810.00
bryan_G011164.50
Dylan861330.00
      10-24-2017, 09:22 PM   #2
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
EnzoRacing

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Thanks for the detailed review, Adam!

I plan on this route as well, post track prep. Will also use in conjunction with JB4 for meth and boost control. Glad to see how stoked you are!

Now for the painful winter storage waiting game, time starts ticking after Halloween
      10-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #4
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

https://www.facebook.com/tunedbyenzo/

7 Madison Ave
Bay Shore, New York 11706

(631) 920-6699

tunedbyenzo.com
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 01:19 AM   #5
Shayan55
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
2105 BMW M235I  [0.00]
Glad you like it bud!
(Sold) M235I Dinan intake, Active Autowerke FMIC, meisterschaft, TCKline coilovers, NT01's, BMS Oil cooler valve, VRSF DP&CP, BM3,StopTech Trophy BBK, Corbeau FX1 Pro seats, AP bar, Bimmerworld V3 Wing, APR Front splitter, Seibon Vented CF Hood
399.8whp on 91oct
Hmu on Ig: @n55_shayan
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 07:30 AM   #6
amw896
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [10.00]
Nice!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 11:27 PM   #7
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

So you're saying the exhaust is too loud for daily driving!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #8
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imalazeeass View Post
So you're saying the exhaust is too loud for daily driving!
Absolutely, unless you arnt bothered by it
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2017, 07:54 AM   #9
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Thanks for the detailed review, Adam!

I plan on this route as well, post track prep. Will also use in conjunction with JB4 for meth and boost control. Glad to see how stoked you are!

Now for the painful winter storage waiting game, time starts ticking after Halloween
I get really bummed if I cant drive my car for more then a week.. can't imagine storing it for winter
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #10
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX View Post
I get really bummed if I cant drive my car for more then a week.. can't imagine storing it for winter
Yea, well.. I'm fortunate to have a world class ski hill in my backyard, so between that and my racing simulator I stay busy. I have a Colorado 4x4 and driving that for 5 months and getting back into the Bimmer is such a treat, it's like a brand new car each spring

Can't wait for next year, though, gonna be a ton of fun with the new mods and race wheel setup. Did you plan on a dyno run now that you've got the flash tune?
      10-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #11
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Nice! I see that you've TX plates. Where are you located? If you don't mind, I'd love to check this out in person if you're local to DFW.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 12:29 PM   #12
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
Nice! I see that you've TX plates. Where are you located? If you don't mind, I'd love to check this out in person if you're local to DFW.
I live pretty far, I just moved to San Antonio but I have driven to Austin for their cars and coffee once a month if you can make that a long cruise
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #13
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yea, well.. I'm fortunate to have a world class ski hill in my backyard, so between that and my racing simulator I stay busy. I have a Colorado 4x4 and driving that for 5 months and getting back into the Bimmer is such a treat, it's like a brand new car each spring

Can't wait for next year, though, gonna be a ton of fun with the new mods and race wheel setup. Did you plan on a dyno run now that you've got the flash tune?
What mods you planning for?

Yes, I def want to dyno it but Ill have to wait for the holidays (December) because the AWD dynojet in my area is only open on the weekdays and Im currently in school all day every week..

I certainly will post the results here. My plan is to do 1 pull with the flash and JB4 on Map2, then 2nd pull Flash to the PTF OTS map, and last pull with stock flash.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      10-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #14
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
I live pretty far, I just moved to San Antonio but I have driven to Austin for their cars and coffee once a month if you can make that a long cruise
Lol, never mind. I only travel for track events and rarely attend shows, unfortunately.

I guess I'll just continue to keep my eye out for someone in my area with BM3. Looking forward to some dyno comparisons!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #15
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What mods you planning for?

Yes, I def want to dyno it but Ill have to wait for the holidays (December) because the AWD dynojet in my area is only open on the weekdays and Im currently in school all day every week..

I certainly will post the results here. My plan is to do 1 pull with the flash and JB4 on Map2, then 2nd pull Flash to the PTF OTS map, and last pull with stock flash.
Ahh you're an AWD car, missed that, that thing should launch like a bat out of hell, lol. Based on the other members, you should be making some nice power.

For me, I'm already FBO (vrsf dp, cp, race HD intercooler, jb4/meth), so it's all down to suspension work, now. Clubsport coilovers (3 way), megan racing 4-link setup, superpro and powerflex bushings for the rear subframe and rear LCA's. Deriln solid rear diff bushings, Hotchkis sway bars and end links, and the existing M4 LCA/TS's that were installed this year. The dinan oem damper combo is great for the street, but I want this car to be sharper and more track focused, for the long term. I wasn't going to do this for a couple more years, however iND was selling the coilovers for a steal, so I said screw it and went ahead a bit early.

Last edited by Dylan86; 10-26-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
SerenVoX145.00
      10-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #16
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

That sounds amazing! Glad to hear you are happy with the setup.
Appreciate 1
SerenVoX145.00
      10-26-2017, 06:00 PM   #17
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
Lol, never mind. I only travel for track events and rarely attend shows, unfortunately.

I guess I'll just continue to keep my eye out for someone in my area with BM3. Looking forward to some dyno comparisons!
Let me know if you ever go to COTA, I hear that's an amazing track!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 06:06 PM   #18
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ahh you're an AWD car, missed that, that thing should launch like a bat out of hell, lol. Based on the other members, you should be making some nice power.

For me, I'm already FBO (vrsf dp, cp, race HD intercooler, jb4/meth), so it's all down to suspension work, now. Clubsport coilovers (3 way), megan racing 4-link setup, superpro and powerflex bushings for the rear subframe and rear LCA's. Deriln solid rear diff bushings, Hotchkis sway bars and end links, and the existing M4 LCA/TS's that were installed this year. The dinan oem damper combo is great for the street, but I want this car to be sharper and more track focused, for the long term. I wasn't going to do this for a couple more years, however iND was selling the coilovers for a steal, so I said screw it and went ahead a bit early.
So ill be in the same boat, I want to begin focusing on making the car more stiff or grounded. I know very little about suspension. But seems the Kw V3 EDC would be my first choice. What is difference in the clubsports? I think the KW would be overkill for me, but I really would like to keep the EDC if possible. With all the things you mentioned, how would a setup like yours compare to an M2 in terms of "track handling" upgrades?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #19
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So ill be in the same boat, I want to begin focusing on making the car more stiff or grounded. I know very little about suspension. But seems the Kw V3 EDC would be my first choice. What is difference in the clubsports? I think the KW would be overkill for me, but I really would like to keep the EDC if possible. With all the things you mentioned, how would a setup like yours compare to an M2 in terms of "track handling" upgrades?
I know the xDrive cars have fewer options, but I would go for the KW DDC's or Ohlins Road and Track, if available. The CS's are 3 way adjustable with built in camber plates, external reservoirs, etc. basically the most adjustable and tune-able out of the KW range. I would not have bought them if I didn't get such a good deal, new they are well over $5k CDN, I paid a fraction of that, fortunately.

The car should be far more capable than a stock M2 at that point. Much more grip with R comps 255's square, proper damping, and better bushings than a stock m2. All of that combined with a corner balance, will be hard to beat, imo. M2 owners are already looking into CS coilovers, bushings, brakes as it is, so I'm not all that convinced it was worth it for me to pull the plug on this car and grab an M2 now that the hype is gone. Aside from track width, the geometry is very close between these cars, they all drive very well. I seriously contemplated stopping where I'm at and trading up earlier this year, but I think being "at home" in this car now, and my confidence at the track this summer (where I lapped several secs faster than an M4 cab and Stock M2), I'm gonna continue my journey with the car and be the underdog
      10-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #20
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I know the xDrive cars have fewer options, but I would go for the KW DDC's or Ohlins Road and Track, if available. The CS's are 3 way adjustable with built in camber plates, external reservoirs, etc. basically the most adjustable and tune-able out of the KW range. I would not have bought them if I didn't get such a good deal, new they are well over $5k CDN, I paid a fraction of that, fortunately.

The car should be far more capable than a stock M2 at that point. Much more grip with R comps 255's square, proper damping, and better bushings than a stock m2. All of that combined with a corner balance, will be hard to beat, imo. M2 owners are already looking into CS coilovers, bushings, brakes as it is, so I'm not all that convinced it was worth it for me to pull the plug on this car and grab an M2 now that the hype is gone. Aside from track width, the geometry is very close between these cars, they all drive very well. I seriously contemplated stopping where I'm at and trading up earlier this year, but I think being "at home" in this car now, and my confidence at the track this summer (where I lapped several secs faster than an M4 cab and Stock M2), I'm gonna continue my journey with the car and be the underdog
That's great to hear! I love how there is so much ability to mod our cars to rival even its big brother. I was looking at both options you suggested and Ohlins is not TUV approved, not sure how critical that is? Also they only listed M2 coilovers. The KW DDC's would be a premium choice though.

Your car is beast already, will be even more so as you check through your future mods!
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00