THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Delivered! My AW M235i xDrive

10-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #23
Two11
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235xi '16 M4
Location: New York, Boston, Philly, Edgewater NJ, the DMV, The Triangle NC, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by adobeee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two11 View Post
Adobeee, there is a paragraph in the Opti-Coat link that may answer your question.
Hehe, it says years, but how many years exactly..?
Time will reveal. It seems heavily contingent upon how well the car is maintained post Opti Coat application.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #24
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Looks brilliant, congrats. Looking forward to your impressions on xDrive performance. Seems you didn't really need it considering your locale so I'm interested as to why you chose it over RWD.
      10-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #25
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Looks brilliant, congrats. Looking forward to your impressions on xDrive performance. Seems you didn't really need it considering your locale so I'm interested as to why you chose it over RWD.
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #26
Two11
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235xi '16 M4
Location: New York, Boston, Philly, Edgewater NJ, the DMV, The Triangle NC, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
I chose a M235i xDrive because I work in the Metro Boston area in the winter with very frequent commutes to the New York tri state area for work & family as that is home for me. In the past six years of living is the New England area the winters have been really bad & unlike the NY metro area there usually isn't a big rush to plow the streets here in the suburban Boston area, however, I have an on-call position with my firm that may have a critical emergency at any given time no matter what the weather is, so I always have to be ready to "GO" unless it's a terrible Snowmeggedon or Snowpacalypse. I also have a girlfriend in Cliffside Park, NJ and that area has steep inclines in which to travel to & from Edgewater where all the major shopping is.

"Why don't you but a truck?" you may ask - I have never been a truck kind'a guy & for the other eight or nine months of the year I don't need/want truck capacity or truck mpg.

"Just buy a good set of Blizzak snow tires." you may suggest - I outfitted my girlfriends RWD Infinity G35 with those for the winter & I almost totaled her car & damaged several other cars parked on the side of the street drifting up hill & sliding down hill in a couple of our snow storms trying to evade cabin fever to & from Cliffside Park to Edgewater. Not to mention that each event looked & sounded like a scene from Ronin. My SH-AWD Acura made the same events look like childs play. Snow tires are no contest compared to 4-wheel engine braking & pulling, in MY particular circumstances & conditions hence the choice of xDrive.

I've had a few E46's & I would fishtail or totally spin-out around a simple right or left turn on black ice when I lived in NYC if I wasn't extremely careful. When you don't know when to be careful your only hope is that stability control keeps you from clipping the car parked on the corner with your rear quarter panel.

I've had a few TL front drives that fared much better in inclement weather but since I've gone AWD it's not feasible for ME to go back to RWD at this particular time.

So far I love the way the car handles, I love the way all four tires of the car pull & tear in to the tarmac & I love the way the car looks. Hopefully by the time I relocate to the South East the M2 will be available. Then I'm golden.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by Two11; 10-21-2014 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0