THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Chargepipe hose

11-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #1
black_shadowM2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Black Shadow M2

Chargepipe hose

So one day I was pushing my car pretty hard doing some pulls and the hose( connecting the charge pipe and Intake) that is connected to the charge pipe popped off. I put it back and the car seemed to act normal. I tried doing pulls again and now every time I'm stepping on it the hose pops off. I'm aware I'm over boosting but there has to be something I can do to secure the hose. Any ideas ?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
qballis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mem2dirty5 View Post
So one day I was pushing my car pretty hard doing some pulls and the hose( connecting the charge pipe and Intake) that is connected to the charge pipe popped off. I put it back and the car seemed to act normal. I tried doing pulls again and now every time I'm stepping on it the hose pops off. I'm aware I'm over boosting but there has to be something I can do to secure the hose. Any ideas ?
Buy an aftermarket metal charge pipe with more secure connections. If you don't want to do that, you can bring your car in for warranty service on the charge pipe whenever it pops off, which it will happen over and over again.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

If you're stock: take it to dealer and explain that it continually pops off. They should warranty a new charge pipe that has a better connection.

If you're modded (jb4 or more): get an aftermarket chargepipe. The added boost is giving the stock plastic chargepipe a workout it wasn't designed for.
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41909.50
      11-27-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
black_shadowM2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Black Shadow M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qballis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mem2dirty5 View Post
Buy an aftermarket metal charge pipe with more secure connections. If you don't want to do that, you can bring your car in for warranty service on the charge pipe whenever it pops off, which it will happen over and over again.
I am currently running an ER Chargepipe, ER catless downpipes, BMS intake, and a stage 2 Jb4
Appreciate 0