THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum No alarm

10-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #67
smartglo1
Rep
Drives: M2C, Z4, i4

no alarm and sat

Yeah my 2016 228i doesn't have an alarm and didn't have the sat activated even though i had the tech package. It had a mid july build date as well.

Should i go back to my dealership and bring it up to them as well?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 09:20 AM   #68
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartglo1
Yeah my 2016 228i doesn't have an alarm and didn't have the sat activated even though i had the tech package. It had a mid july build date as well.

You could if you want but anybody affected by this will all receive the same remedy and that remedy seems to be still in the works.

I may be on the front lines on this since the BMW contact I am receiving gives me the impression they were unaware if the issue.

So you could wait a week or so I'll post immediately outcome, then deal with it since without a bulletin nothing happens anyway.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 11:19 AM   #69
glacier_bandit
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartglo1 View Post

The dealership will at the very least be able to activate your satellite radio, BMW does indeed have a bulletin for this issue, but be aware that it was part of the premium package and not tech from what I understand.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 02:25 PM   #70
jake18a
Registered
Rep
Drives: m235i 6MT, Red/Oyster, PE

No alarm

No, BEMR, I did not order it.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #71
smartglo1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier_bandit View Post
The dealership will at the very least be able to activate your satellite radio, BMW does indeed have a bulletin for this issue, but be aware that it was part of the premium package and not tech from what I understand.
Thanks. I had the tech and premium package so i should have it. I think i'm gonna wait if we get another TSB for the alarm.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 05:07 PM   #72
_dmglce
Private
Rep
Drives: Range Rover

So the dealership has offered to rebuild my car with same specs INCLUDING the alarm...
Attached Images

10-13-2015, 05:12 PM   #73
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dmglce
So the dealership has offered to rebuild my car with same specs INCLUDING the alarm...
Is that communication from your dealer? BMNA called me today and is waiting for my own inspection from my dealer and to call BMWNA back right away. As strange and unusual as it seems since so use to entry and exit of alarm etc I would probably consider a re order too.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #74
_dmglce
Private
Rep

Yes it is, and this was from their area representative. The GM at the dealer has not even respond to this issue. But the area rep definitely has more pull than he do. BMW NA is aware of this and I will update with how the process goes. Since I have done tint and also PPF clear bra on my full front they are reimbursing me as well.
      10-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #75
smartglo1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dmglce View Post
Yes it is, and this was from their area representative. The GM at the dealer has not even respond to this issue. But the area rep definitely has more pull than he do. BMW NA is aware of this and I will update with how the process goes. Since I have done tint and also PPF clear bra on my full front they are reimbursing me as well.
Did they give you a timeline for anything?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 10:54 PM   #76
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So your are going through with it? We're you first week build, and did you also get held up with satellite issue?

So I'm wasting my time taking car to dealer for inspection to see if I have prewired alarm?

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #77
_dmglce
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartglo1 View Post
Did they give you a timeline for anything?
They have not yet, I assume it will be the same process of 2-3 months wait on a built.
      10-13-2015, 11:40 PM   #78
_dmglce
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
So your are going through with it? We're you first week build, and did you also get held up with satellite issue?

So I'm wasting my time taking car to dealer for inspection to see if I have prewired alarm?
Correct, mine was also a first week built with the SAT issues (which is now fixed) - I would be persistent and really put on pressure on them. A rebuilt is the best bet since they say they cannot retrofit for me
      10-16-2015, 12:16 AM   #79
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Not surprised obviously and waste of time at dealer service dept. today 2 hours, our 2016 first week build 228i NOT prewired no alarm present.

I would just as soon just re order but wife since her car not sure would probably just take compensation. How much , who knows. BMW won't lose even on rebuild. Your thoughts...

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 08:49 PM   #80
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

3 days after BMWNA gave me contact person after dealer inspection, they did determine that any alarms that aren't present cannot be added now, no harness.

They must be debating how to handle this, since not getting return calls at this point.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #81
_dmglce
Private
Rep

Yeah, I am debating if I want a new vehicle and go through the entire process of having my car clear bra and tint again. It's a lot of time to expense out of my schedule...and then come to think of all the paperwork, not exactly sure how they plan to just swap the cars out etc...
      10-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #82
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I am debating if I want a new vehicle and go through the entire process of having my car clear bra and tint again. It's a lot of time to expense out of my schedule...and then come to think of all the paperwork, not exactly sure how they plan to just swap the cars out etc...
luckily I haven't done anything to car yet, but ya order ya forget about it then sometime during middle of January ya get a call to come on down, if between now and then ya put enough miles on car it would be worth it otherwise maybe not.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #83
_dmglce
Private
Rep

Quote:
luckily I haven't done anything to car yet, but ya order ya forget about it then sometime during middle of January ya get a call to come on down, if between now and then ya put enough miles on car it would be worth it otherwise maybe not.
Have you decided what to do yet? They offered me a $1k check if I would like to just keep my car as is.
      10-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #84
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

By Friday they will be giving me my proposition, but if the choice becomes 1g or new car in January, I'll take the car again not the money. The price of the car from 15 to 16 as far as base price, went up 400.00, in 15 the alarm package was known as option 302, seems the 2 cars are really not any difference, so in essence your only getting 600 for the debacle. So with that said I really want a new vehicle.

The wait will be totally different, in fact the day you go to dealer to pick it up you could change your mind that day and take the money. NOT to mention the money is taxable! I'm an Accountant BTW, now where's that put ya.

Finally, the alarm, the tweet, the headlight flash, the keyfob, the panic button, all real cool I've had 7 BMWs with it. The 228 is wife's car but parks next to my m4 in garage, the retail was 47g on a loaded 228, it should be loaded IMO.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #85
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Have you decided what to do yet? They offered me a $1k check if I would like to just keep my car as is.
looks like my official offer after all is $500 and I'm not real happy about that so debating the next move has anybody been able to get a new vehicle approved? $500 is just about the same price as the option itself in the increase in the car price between the two years is $400 not to mention you'll pay tax on the $500 actually got nothing.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 07:40 PM   #86
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Who is it by the way that offered you a thousand

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #87
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR
By Friday they will be giving me my proposition, but if the choice becomes 1g or new car in January, I'll take the car again not the money. The price of the car from 15 to 16 as far as base price, went up 400.00, in 15 the alarm package was known as option 302, seems the 2 cars are really not any difference, so in essence your only getting 600 for the debacle. So with that said I really want a new vehicle.

The wait will be totally different, in fact the day you go to dealer to pick it up you could change your mind that day and take the money. NOT to mention the money is taxable! I'm an Accountant BTW, now where's that put ya.

Finally, the alarm, the tweet, the headlight flash, the keyfob, the panic button, all real cool I've had 7 BMWs with it. The 228 is wife's car but parks next to my m4 in garage, the retail was 47g on a loaded 228, it should be loaded IMO.
Why would a refunded amount on a car you purchased be considered taxable?

If I buy a product with a low price guarantee, and then find it $1K cheaper elsewhere and get the difference refunded to me, it certainly isn't taxable...

A rebate in the purchase price is considered taxable in many states, but a refund for overpayment (paying for an option and not getting it, then reimbursed for the cost of the option) isn't....
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 08:16 PM   #88
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewacket69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR

Why would a refunded amount on a car you purchased be considered taxable?

If I buy a product with a low price guarantee, and then find it $1K cheaper elsewhere and get the difference refunded to me, it certainly isn't taxable...
Whenever money changes hands, its a taxable event, then on the other hand if the 1000 you mentioned came prior to your purchase to reduce the purchase, then the 1g would in fact be meaninglessness.

Because think about it, lets say you got a price match difference of 20g on a 40g purchase, in essence somebody just handed you $20,000. you then would have made $20,000 tax free.

It works under the same premise as though you won something like a raffle or lottery the value of the item even if you could find it cheaper would be considered a taxable event it would be up to you to prove that you can find that item cheaper to lower your tax. Taxable events can be with or without the transfer of cash.

Appreciate 0