THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum No alarm

10-29-2015, 05:10 PM   #111
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dmglce
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
HK paid for sound option is missing, thanks for pointing that out.

There's no Logic 7 in the HK, compared to every other line up model. Paid same price but no Logic 7
Harmon Kardon website says it does

http://www.harmankardon.com/content?...2-series-coupe
      10-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #112
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I've seen that, too, but at the end of the day, BMW is gonna stand behind (hopefully, anyway) what BMW specs say, not what HK states...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #113
_dmglce
Private
Rep
Drives: Range Rover

I just thought it was weird there was no EQ for Logic 7, so I asked the genius and she mentioned the 2 series have 4 less speakers than other models which would have the Logic 7, they just did not include it in the 1 and 2 series. Total bummer. And if you visit BMWUSA.Com, Logic 7 is not mentioned in any of the descriptions for any of the models, so I do not believe the car comes with true HK Logic 7, unless there is EQ for it.
      11-21-2015, 09:17 PM   #114
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

THIS should close the thread from the top at BMW:

Nobody gets new vehicle over an alarm absent as standard equipment, period. If anybody has made a statement regarding being apart of an allocation for new order, it is untrue. BMW agreed that whoever this happened to, they will provide aftermarket Alarm up to 2500.00 or 1000.00 cash.

The reason, the car was delivered and you drove it off the lot. If you took if you didn't drive off lot, car could have been refused and reordered.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #115
simoneves
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 228i DSB/THP/6MT

I have a similar issue, for which I already started a thread, but nobody has responded...

I bought a 2016 228i from stock, which has a build date of 7/14/15. It has the Premium Package, but the satellite radio is not enabled (no option to do so in iDrive) and it also does not have power lumbar support on the driver's seat (just the side bolster adjust rocker).

BEMR, you mentioned back on Page 2 that there had been a screw-up around that time with regards to the satellite radio. I am led to believe that all the hardware is there, and that somebody just didn't enable it, so this could be fixed easily by a dealer.

The seat is a different matter. It was the first 228i I'd driven, after a couple of M235is which *did* have the lumbar adjuster, and I just assumed that the 228i Premium didn't have it, and it wasn't until the next day when I checked the website that I saw that it should do.

AFAIK, mine *does* have an alarm (it has the panic button on the fobs, the flashing red light on the mirror, and did have the lock/unlock beep, until I disabled it).

I'm waiting to hear back again from the dealer, after an unsatisfactory initial response in which they misunderstood about the satellite and thought I just hadn't activated it, and merely apologized for the seat. I told them I want them to enable the satellite and replace the seat. The first should be easy. The second may not be.

Any advice or back-story gratefully received...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #116
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoneves
I have a similar issue, for which I already started a thread, but nobody has responded...

I bought a 2016 228i from stock, which has a build date of 7/14/15. It has the Premium Package, but the satellite radio is not enabled (no option to do so in iDrive) and it also does not have power lumbar support on the driver's seat (just the side bolster adjust rocker).

BEMR, you mentioned back on Page 2 that there had been a screw-up around that time with regards to the satellite radio. I am led to believe that all the hardware is there, and that somebody just didn't enable it, so this could be fixed easily by a dealer.

The seat is a different matter. It was the first 228i I'd driven, after a couple of M235is which *did* have the lumbar adjuster, and I just assumed that the 228i Premium didn't have it, and it wasn't until the next day when I checked the website that I saw that it should do.

AFAIK, mine *does* have an alarm (it has the panic button on the fobs, the flashing red light on the mirror, and did have the lock/unlock beep, until I disabled it).

I'm waiting to hear back again from the dealer, after an unsatisfactory initial response in which they misunderstood about the satellite and thought I just hadn't activated it, and merely apologized for the seat. I told them I want them to enable the satellite and replace the seat. The first should be easy. The second may not be.

Any advice or back-story gratefully received...
The Satellite is really no issue whatsoever, the dealer get a retro kit they install it and you'll never know the difference! Ask for new seat although like your doing. Funny how you have alarm, but guess your lucky on that, but satellite the dealer has a bulletin on that simple fix for all.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 10:55 PM   #117
mrcastle
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrun View Post
I was under the impression it was a standard feature only for 2016 235's, and on 228's it was still an optional feature....
It is standard for 228i also here the list direct from bmw http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ModelCode=162B its under safety and security.
Appreciate 0