THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum New 2 Series Gran Coupe rumors? [Updated with first spy photos]

11-27-2016, 06:45 AM   #111
WestCoast76
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xdrive

Hi all,

any news about the 2 series gran coupe ?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #112
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Hoping this is a dying idea, and that rather than go down the me-too highway, they will take a minute to see how great the 'entry level gran coupes' aren't. Anybody else tried out the CLA? Aside from the sucky dynamics (unrelated to size layout) that back seat is no bigger than ours, and seems much less headroom. At least in a 2-door you expect to be a little cramped. I'm not a longtime loyalist, so haven't followed every naming iteration, but it seemed fairly sensible to me to do the odd/even 4dr/coupe - 'til the salespeople tried splaining the 4-door 6. Better they go back to calling it a 1series, which also would help identify it as an economotor, etc. (trashing the legacy of their hottest performance driver's car in a decade, but better that than the future charisma of the 2 series as the last real performance coupe).
Appreciate 0