THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Waiting to be assigned to a ship

11-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #23
rhinothatflies
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i X-Drive M-Sport w/THP

my car isn't assigned yet. my GF drives an old tahoe =|. gonna buy a set of winter tire/wheels (kosei k4r 17s wrapped in dunlop 3Ds), radar detector, tints, and all weather mats to kill time.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #24
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Valencia Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieDiane View Post
Mine was finally loaded on the Brasilia Highway, which is a K Line ship, so all that stalking I did on the WW line to fuel my OCD didn't help. Can't get the voyage or status details, but marinetraffic.com helps when it's in range. It should be dropped off in Brunswick Dec 3, with pickup at my dealer the next week. I can barely sleep due to the excitement. I don't know why other women don't appreciate the awesomeness of cars. And yes, awesomeness is a real word.
When did your car complete production? Mine finished on 11/14 and I' being told it's still awaiting a ship. Seems like it should have at least been on the Brasilia with yours.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #25
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post
When did your car complete production? Mine finished on 11/14 and I' being told it's still awaiting a ship. Seems like it should have at least been on the Brasilia with yours.
Mine completed production on 11/10, so it took 10 days for it to actually be shipped out.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 07:27 PM   #26
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Mine completed production on 11/10, so it took 10 days for it to actually be shipped out.
Can you give me the link to check to see if my car is on a K Line ship?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #27
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can you give me the link to check to see if my car is on a K Line ship?
Unfortunately if you are on a K line ship the only way (that I am aware) to get the ship info is to call the 800# or your CA. You can't track it as easily as with the WW vessels. But, you can get the ship info once it loads and sites like marine traffic.com will help from there. FYI, the 800# (automated part and live) will tell you there's no info until the ship has seemingly left the port, so you'll think it's never going to move and then bam, it's gone. At least, in my case that was how it was.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 01:48 AM   #28
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately if you are on a K line ship the only way (that I am aware) to get the ship info is to call the 800# or your CA. You can't track it as easily as with the WW vessels. But, you can get the ship info once it loads and sites like marine traffic.com will help from there. FYI, the 800# (automated part and live) will tell you there's no info until the ship has seemingly left the port, so you'll think it's never going to move and then bam, it's gone. At least, in my case that was how it was.
Thanks. I was being very patient until I saw that there were lots of people whose cars had finished production at the same time or before mine and theirs were already on ships and they had projected delivery dates. This isn't the first time I've ordered a car, but with my MINI it was a total of six weeks from order to picking up the car. I'm going on seven weeks now on this one and it's apparently still in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 02:25 AM   #29
AbuQutaita
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks. I was being very patient until I saw that there were lots of people whose cars had finished production at the same time or before mine and theirs were already on ships and they had projected delivery dates. This isn't the first time I've ordered a car, but with my MINI it was a total of six weeks from order to picking up the car. I'm going on seven weeks now on this one and it's apparently still in Germany.
Have you confirmed that your car is not being shipped with WWL using your VIN? Also, not sure if this is specific with ED, but my CA and BMW NA both say that my car hasn't left Bremerhaven, even though I can track it using WWL, showing that it left 11/23 and it's already working its way across the pond.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #30
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I feel your pain. I'm at 6 weeks now from the day I ordered, 5 from when it went into production. But, prior to this order, I was 7 weeks into a wait for a car that a previous dealer led me to believe was in production that in fact never started, so I feel like I've been waiting forever.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #31
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Speaking of impatient.....The Brasilia Highway finally made it to Baltimore! Next stop Brunswick. Best Christmas present to myself ever. Guess I have to buy my husband that laser he wants to be fair now.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #32
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Speaking of impatient.....The Brasilia Highway finally made it to Baltimore! Next stop Brunswick. Best Christmas present to myself ever. Guess I have to buy my husband that laser he wants to be fair now.
Good for you! Shouldn't be long now! I spoke to the BMW customer service people today and now they're telling me that the car arrived at the port in Bremerhaven on 11/24, a full 10 days after it finished production, and is still waiting to be assigned to a ship, so now a full week at the port. What I don't understand is why the information is so spotty and sometimes very inaccurate when UPS can tell you the exact location of every package in its system? It seems to me that they should be able to scan a bar code on the car at every step of the way and have it feed directly into the system so that even the MY BMW website would be perfectly accurate and immediately updated. It should also be able to tell you what ship it's on. Oh, and my CA is on vacation in Hawaii for the next week!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #33
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good for you! Shouldn't be long now! I spoke to the BMW customer service people today and now they're telling me that the car arrived at the port in Bremerhaven on 11/24, a full 10 days after it finished production, and is still waiting to be assigned to a ship, so now a full week at the port. What I don't understand is why the information is so spotty and sometimes very inaccurate when UPS can tell you the exact location of every package in its system? It seems to me that they should be able to scan a bar code on the car at every step of the way and have it feed directly into the system so that even the MY BMW website would be perfectly accurate and immediately updated. It should also be able to tell you what ship it's on. Oh, and my CA is on vacation in Hawaii for the next week!
I agree that the information could be a bit more up to date. I found that frustrating. I wonder why you are having such a delay.
Btw, I like your choice of color given your location. Cute.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #34
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I agree that the information could be a bit more up to date. I found that frustrating. I wonder why you are having such a delay.
Btw, I like your choice of color given your location. Cute.
Don't think the Orange would work well in MS? LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #35
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Nah, maybe Muddy Waters. Is there a color for "humid?"
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #36
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuQutaita View Post
Have you confirmed that your car is not being shipped with WWL using your VIN? Also, not sure if this is specific with ED, but my CA and BMW NA both say that my car hasn't left Bremerhaven, even though I can track it using WWL, showing that it left 11/23 and it's already working its way across the pond.
Yes, I checked on WWL using the VIN, no luck. This business of buying parts and accessories to pass the time is getting expensive. I already have on order a CF spoiler, rear diffuser, CF license plate frames, black grilles, black exhaust tips, and M Performance rocker panel stripe/decal.

Last edited by chaswyck1; 12-01-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #37
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Nah, maybe Muddy Waters. Is there a color for "humid?"
We're gonna get rain the next two days. People are panicked!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #38
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I checked on WWL using the VIN, no luck. This business of buying parts and accessories to pass the time is getting expensive. I already have on order a CF spoiler, rear diffuser, CF license plate frames, black grilles, black exhaust tips, and M Performance rocker panel stripe/decal.
I had to talk myself out of buying the spoiler and diffuser. I'm waiting to splurge on tint and a good rear seat cover for the furry kids.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #39
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
I had to talk myself out of buying the spoiler and diffuser. I'm waiting to splurge on tint and a good rear seat cover for the furry kids.
I talked myself out of the diffuser, but the spoiler I (hopefully) got so cheap, it was worth it. And I promised myself I would only buy the front splitter if I got lowering springs and/or was dinged for scrapes on my current lease on the under body. I told myself if they are going to charge me for it anyway, might as well buy the splitter and ruin that instead. Sadly they didn't care to look for scrapes under the front bumper so I walked away with my money, but no splitter either

This is my 2nd BMW. First one was US delivery and much harder wait. The 2nd one was euro delivery...so I knew the exact date I would get it, plus already having a nice car at home helps pass the time for redelivery.
      12-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #40
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
I talked myself out of the diffuser, but the spoiler I (hopefully) got so cheap, it was worth it. And I promised myself I would only buy the front splitter if I got lowering springs and/or was dinged for scrapes on my current lease on the under body. I told myself if they are going to charge me for it anyway, might as well buy the splitter and ruin that instead. Sadly they didn't care to look for scrapes under the front bumper so I walked away with my money, but no splitter either

This is my 2nd BMW. First one was US delivery and much harder wait. The 2nd one was euro delivery...so I knew the exact date I would get it, plus already having a nice car at home helps pass the time for redelivery.
I casually mentioned ED to my husband the other day and he flipped out. "We could have done ED?!??!" HAH. Next time, babe. Next time. Maybe for his M2. I grew up in Germany though, so taking a trip back with him is something we really want to do. Doing it in a new M2... priceless.
Appreciate 0