THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Allocations low?

12-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #23
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i, Ducati 1299S

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post
Thanks!
It's a lot more accurate to just call the 800 number (on the hour, every hour ) and they can give you a much more accurate update.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #24
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma
Woo, got my production number today. Only problem is the track option isn't showing up on bmw's website.
Congrats!

You will never guess what I found out today.. My car hasn't been ordered as yet and I put the order through on 13 October and was promised late January delivery

The salesman didn't want to tell me that there are no allocations even for January next year and was going to keep lying until there was one available. I'm outraged and so disgusted that a professional establishment could do something like this. I've already sold my car to them and they've already sold it to someone else too
2017 F55 Mini Cooper S
2015 F22 BMW M235i
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #25
dan84
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L

Quote:
Woo, got my production number today. Only problem is the track option isn't showing up on bmw's website.
Congrats! I got mine as well. I can't "track" my car yet either. When I enter the production number it shows an "2015 Alpine White M235i" which was concerning considering I ordered a Black Sapphire Metallic M235i. I called and I asked my salesman what was going on and he said it won't give an option to track the status until it enters the production phase.

Does anyone know if that's accurate?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #26
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan84 View Post
Congrats! I got mine as well. I can't "track" my car yet either. When I enter the production number it shows an "2015 Alpine White M235i" which was concerning considering I ordered a Black Sapphire Metallic M235i. I called and I asked my salesman what was going on and he said it won't give an option to track the status until it enters the production phase.

Does anyone know if that's accurate?
It said Alpine White on mine too for the first few days, scared me even though my CA told me they all do that
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #27
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

lol, I kinda freaked out about the Alpine White as well, until I remembered reading on here it takes a few days for your specs to show up.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #28
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
Congrats!

You will never guess what I found out today.. My car hasn't been ordered as yet and I put the order through on 13 October and was promised late January delivery

The salesman didn't want to tell me that there are no allocations even for January next year and was going to keep lying until there was one available. I'm outraged and so disgusted that a professional establishment could do something like this. I've already sold my car to them and they've already sold it to someone else too
That's pretty shitty customer service, especially knowing that they purchased your old car leaving. Is there much you can do, any other dealers around? Have you escalated this to the mother ship?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #29
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKevin
Quote:
Congrats!

That's pretty shitty customer service, especially knowing that they purchased your old car leaving. Is there much you can do, any other dealers around? Have you escalated this to the mother ship?
Yeah well I have the contract and agreements on paper, so I'm not accepting anything less, especially since the deal was extremely good compared to others dealers - Nobody else could come close to matching the deal.
I've also demanded a car to be provided to me until the new car arrives, whenever that will be, of the exact model as I traded in at the least.

I have escalated it to the head honchos and they're currently investigating the situation and will hopefully get back to me soon. It's really sad hey.
2017 F55 Mini Cooper S
2015 F22 BMW M235i
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #30
StephanieDiane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 M2

Quote:
Congrats!

Aww, did we go to the same dealer? I had the same issue with my first order. I waited 7 weeks before I found out my car never went into production, but had been told it was in production all that time. (When I did find this out, they told me it wouldn't go into production until February and that was October) My next stop was a new dealer and that order went into production a week later. Sounds like you may not have that option though. Sucks man.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #31
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieDiane
Quote:
Congrats!

Aww, did we go to the same dealer? I had the same issue with my first order. I waited 7 weeks before I found out my car never went into production, but had been told it was in production all that time. (When I did find this out, they told me it wouldn't go into production until February and that was October) My next stop was a new dealer and that order went into production a week later. Sounds like you may not have that option though. Sucks man.
Wow I'm not the only one! I will see what happens first, but hopefully my order will be expedited.

Did you report them?
2017 F55 Mini Cooper S
2015 F22 BMW M235i
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 02:13 AM   #32
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep

Bummer, called the 800 number and found out my vehicle production slot is late January. Looks like I won't see it till end of march if I'm lucky.

Basically I was right. Dealership told me 6 to 8 weeks and I won't receive it till four months after I ordered it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #33
Xiaoxi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a Miata

I ordered on the 6th and got a production number from the dealer a few days later. However there has been no updates on the tracker timeline, just says Order Documented. I realize that the plant is closed for the next 2 weeks but I'm stressing out over this...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #34
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi View Post
I ordered on the 6th and got a production number from the dealer a few days later. However there has been no updates on the tracker timeline, just says Order Documented. I realize that the plant is closed for the next 2 weeks but I'm stressing out over this...
Call the 800 number and use the automated system with your production number, even better if you call within business hours and talk to a human. Their info is a lot better than the website!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 01:03 PM   #35
gio
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan84 View Post
I placed my order Friday and I was also told I would get my production number today... no email. I'm going to give him a call tomorrow to see what's going on. I was given a "late January" delivery date so we'll see.

What kind of compensation could they give you though? It's not like you have the car and it's been in the shop for too long, you're not actually paying for it yet. I ask this earnestly, as I have no idea what kind of compensation they would be willing to give you for a car you have to wait to drive anyway. Maybe some free gear?

You could demand a loaner car to drive in the meantime.

I'm currently driving a rental car and it will cost me an extra $650 for every month my new 2 is late.
      12-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #36
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
You could demand a loaner car to drive in the meantime.

I'm currently driving a rental car and it will cost me an extra $650 for every month my new 2 is late.
I'm not sure where this idea makes sense, but it won't to the dealership. You order a car from a dealership and they should loan you one until it arrives? And if you have something come up and can't purchase the car when it arrives? I should just do this over and over. Plenty of Southern California dealerships I could burn. I could get by for a year without a single car payment.

You want to order a car, deal with how long it takes. Don't have a car in the meantime, plan better next time. Unless some money has exchanged hands, you're on your own. Nobody should expect otherwise.
      12-31-2014, 05:52 PM   #37
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
You want to order a car, deal with how long it takes. Don't have a car in the meantime, plan better next time. Unless some money has exchanged hands, you're on your own. Nobody should expect otherwise.
What if you're in my situation where they took the vehicle you were going to trade in, in advance and sold it a couple of days later? On top of that, I also gave them a cash deposit. They basically have over $20k from me waiting for my vehicle to come in
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #38
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
What if you're in my situation where they took the vehicle you were going to trade in, in advance and sold it a couple of days later? On top of that, I also gave them a cash deposit. They basically have over $20k from me waiting for my vehicle to come in
thats kind of also on you, i mean why did you give up your current car without any guarantees as to the new one arriving on time?

i mean even if the dealer was being totally honest, cars do get damaged in transit etc, and theres lots of things that can happen.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #39
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Why did you sell your car instead of actually trading it in when the new one arrived?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 10:03 PM   #40
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Why did you sell your car instead of actually trading it in when the new one arrived?
Because this dealership out of every dealership I ever worked with, wouldn't guarantee my trade in value. They either told me to trade it in now or they'll give me less when the vehicle I ordered came in (I guess that's the sign the vehicle wouldn't come in two months.)

Never had that problem with any other dealership when I ordered my vehicle and waited 1-2 months. They gave me the best overall deal, so I decided to go with it. I have a spare vehicle anyways, so not a big deal on my part.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 03:01 AM   #41
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma
Quote:
Because this dealership out of every dealership I ever worked with, wouldn't guarantee my trade in value. They either told me to trade it in now or they'll give me less when the vehicle I ordered came in (I guess that's the sign the vehicle wouldn't come in two months.)

Never had that problem with any other dealership when I ordered my vehicle and waited 1-2 months. They gave me the best overall deal, so I decided to go with it. I have a spare vehicle anyways, so not a big deal on my part.
Same story with me. Furthermore I was going to take a giant hit if I traded it in 2015 when the car was to arrive, as opposed to selling it to them last year.
2017 F55 Mini Cooper S
2015 F22 BMW M235i
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 06:55 PM   #42
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:

Which dealer is the one that screwed you? Let us know so the rest of us know to avoid them.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #43
arun21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i

Hoping it's not kuni bmw in Beaverton!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #44
gio
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I'm not sure where this idea makes sense, but it won't to the dealership. You order a car from a dealership and they should loan you one until it arrives? And if you have something come up and can't purchase the car when it arrives? I should just do this over and over. Plenty of Southern California dealerships I could burn. I could get by for a year without a single car payment.

I'm not saying that they should give you a loaner car for the whole time, but there have been people who have demanded a loaner car, and gotten one, when the car was significantly late.

For example, the dealer promises 8 weeks, and it's been 12 weeks and the car is still a week or two away. He may give you a car for the next few weeks until it arrives.

Furthermore, my dealer required a non-refundable $3,000 deposit to make an order. If you back out, the dealer keeps the $3,000 and you get no car. I'd say the dealer will have made out pretty well to get $3k and only have to lend you a beatup 3-series for a couple of weeks. Of course, money has changed hands. Where are you able to order a new car and not leave a deposit??