THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Help! I think the dealer put in wrong HVAC unit!

09-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #23
jfolkson
Registered
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
I'm having some trouble with my A/C in my '15 228i. May I please ask what issues you were having and if the new dash unit was the cure?

My A/C randomly comes on while driving and sometimes can't not be turned off even though I'm freezing to death. Dealer states this is normal as the climate control samples temp and humidity and if the climate control determines the air is too humid in the car, it'll switch on the A/C compressor to avoid the windows fogging (and most importantly saving BMW from a lawsuit from someone getting into an accident because they can't operate a climate control). I have to bump up the temp control to over 80 on the display (even in summer) to avoid pneumonia.
I've got the same problem with my '15 228i. It's the one thing that I really dislike about the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #24
BMW335iOn18s
Resident BMW Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 CS SMB

The new unit is on all models built starting in January 2015. I could have sworn it was introduced at the same time as the black bezel was...it looks like you have the old matte bezel with the new climate control unit...
      09-13-2015, 10:24 AM   #25
ampang701
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
I'm having some trouble with my A/C in my '15 228i. May I please ask what issues you were having and if the new dash unit was the cure?

My A/C randomly comes on while driving and sometimes can't not be turned off even though I'm freezing to death. Dealer states this is normal as the climate control samples temp and humidity and if the climate control determines the air is too humid in the car, it'll switch on the A/C compressor to avoid the windows fogging (and most importantly saving BMW from a lawsuit from someone getting into an accident because they can't operate a climate control). I have to bump up the temp control to over 80 on the display (even in summer) to avoid pneumonia.
A few things. It would not increase fan speed on its own to cool down the car, so I had to manually adjust the fan setting even though it was on Auto. That's not 'auto' in my experience with other BMWs and brands, like my Honda Odyssey. The kicker was on a trip from Maine to NJ, the car was not cooling down even though I selected Max AC. No air was coming out of any vents - not the floor, not the middle vents, not the windshield. I suppose the air director got stuck, or whatever it is that directs the flow.

The new unit appears to have fixed the issue. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 04:11 PM   #26
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335iOn18s View Post
The new unit is on all models built starting in January 2015. I could have sworn it was introduced at the same time as the black bezel was...it looks like you have the old matte bezel with the new climate control unit...
It was. IIRC it was March production forward that got the new 'enhancements' such as the white HVAC during the day & piano black bezel.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 07:59 PM   #27
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Lucky ass
Appreciate 0